Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: scott_gtfc_89, June 29, 2019, 5:11pm
Been hearing a lot last couple of days that he could be set to be joining us next week, anyone got any clarity if we are interested in him with there sources or is it just rumours?

Still has a year on his contract so guessing we would have to pay a fee?

Would be a quality singing though alongside Ohman.

Also heard he wasn’t at Yeovil’s training day today?
Posted by: Davec, June 29, 2019, 5:15pm; Reply: 1
Why would we need to pay a fee? He may have a relagation release clause in his contract
Posted by: scott_gtfc_89, June 29, 2019, 5:21pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from Davec
Why would we need to pay a fee? He may have a relagation release clause in his contract

He might well do Dave but if he hasn’t and Yeovil won’t allow him to leave then we will have to pay a fee, maybe some of the budget from Burrell leaving
Posted by: arryarryarry, June 29, 2019, 7:07pm; Reply: 3
My understanding is that he will sign if he agrees the deal.
Posted by: arryarryarry, June 30, 2019, 12:31am; Reply: 4
Quoted from arryarryarry

I forgot to add that I understand he has several other offers.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, June 30, 2019, 12:36am; Reply: 5
Quoted from arryarryarry

That’s like one of those sentences that politicians come out with. ‘I’m in favour of hardworking families ‘ well no one is going to say they are in favour of lazy illegitimates. ‘He won’t sign if he doesn’t agree to the deal’.
Posted by: psgmariner, June 30, 2019, 7:13am; Reply: 6
Another player who has just been relegated. Hope he’s cheap!
Posted by: Abdul19, June 30, 2019, 7:18am; Reply: 7
FACT: GTFC have not been promoted without an Omar in their side for over 2 decades.
Posted by: mariner tommy, July 1, 2019, 3:04pm; Reply: 8
He’s signed for Colchester United
Posted by: Ipswin, July 1, 2019, 3:07pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from mariner tommy
He’s signed for Colchester United

His home town

Very bad news that we couldn't persuade him, would have been a great signing and CB partner for Ohman
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, July 1, 2019, 3:08pm; Reply: 10
End of thread
Posted by: 140381 (Guest), July 1, 2019, 3:21pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from Ipswin

His home town

Very bad news that we couldn't persuade him, would have been a great signing and CB partner for Ohman

I can't help but think that if we'd signed him, you'd have been asking why we're signing relegated players or something.
Posted by: Ipswin, July 1, 2019, 3:27pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from 140381

I can't help but think that if we'd signed him, you'd have been asking why we're signing relegated players or something.

I'm getting used to it sadly. In this case however I think the lad has potential for once and he's only 24 as well so really I'm not surprised he went elsewhere

But never mind there are still lots of relegated, past their best, desperate to sign for anyone players left out there for us to have a go at.
Posted by: Lincoln Mariner 56, July 1, 2019, 3:33pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from Ipswin

I'm getting used to it sadly. In this case however I think the lad has potential for once and he's only 24 as well so really I'm not surprised he went elsewhere

Well a chance to go back home might be very attractive for a starter plus they sold Smodickz ( not sure on the spelling) over the last few days so may be in a position to offer him a better financial package.

Can’t win them all but agree he would have been a real asset.
Posted by: RonMariner, July 1, 2019, 3:45pm; Reply: 14
Gutted
Posted by: Malta_Mariner_90, July 1, 2019, 3:49pm; Reply: 15
Oh well never mind. On paper could have been a decent signing. But we will never know one way or the other I guess. Someone needs to update his wikipedia page again!  ;)

Seems to me like Colchester came in at the last minute perhaps?

Posted by: 140381 (Guest), July 1, 2019, 3:52pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from Ipswin

But never mind there are still lots of relegated, past their best, desperate to sign for anyone players left out there for us to have a go at.

There's more than a touch of professional contrarian about your posts...

(no there isn't etc)
Posted by: Numanoid, July 1, 2019, 3:56pm; Reply: 17
Methinks he played us off one another!
Posted by: Malta_Mariner_90, July 1, 2019, 3:58pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from Numanoid
Methinks he played us off one another!

You mean he never wanted us after all?  :'(
Posted by: paramariner, July 1, 2019, 4:05pm; Reply: 19
Nothing on Colchester United site!
Posted by: Sigone, July 1, 2019, 4:05pm; Reply: 20
https://www.ytfc.net/news/2019/july/news--omar-sowunmi-exits/
Posted by: You stripes UTM, July 1, 2019, 4:06pm; Reply: 21
Just announced it on their twitter page.
Posted by: GtfcGarner, July 1, 2019, 4:07pm; Reply: 22
Was looking forward to him and Ohman as a pair but obviously not meant to be.. Rather have players who want to play for us
Posted by: paramariner, July 1, 2019, 4:14pm; Reply: 23
Shame 😜
Posted by: fiveallive, July 1, 2019, 4:24pm; Reply: 24
It's a real shame after reading we was rumoured to be signing a player today, gutted we have lost out.

This is a problem we have players based down south aren't prepared to move up North, I don't blame him all is family based in Colchester easy move for him to make

Instead of uprooting all the way up North.

We have it seems lost out at the last minute, I hope Jolley has other players on his list because there was a big effort went into getting Sowunmi.

I can imigine Jolley being very gutted about now feeling a bit sick after losing out on him.

I can see the Wilson lad ex Lincoln being a target now, we need a couple of centre backs in with Whitmore leaving.
Posted by: Malta_Mariner_90, July 1, 2019, 4:31pm; Reply: 25
A quote from One Football Forum from a Yeovil fan:

"Good luck with him, you'll need it. 6' 7" but has struggled badly over the last couple of seasons. Makes mistakes quite a lot. Has had 3 serious ankle injuries in the last 3 years which meant he only played 87 games for us in 4 years."

Injury prone and excrement apparently haha
Posted by: 140381 (Guest), July 1, 2019, 4:38pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from Malta_Mariner_90
A quote from One Football Forum from a Yeovil fan:

"Good luck with him, you'll need it. 6' 7" but has struggled badly over the last couple of seasons. Makes mistakes quite a lot. Has had 3 serious ankle injuries in the last 3 years which meant he only played 87 games for us in 4 years."

Injury prone and excrement apparently haha

There's a lot of this around. Obviously there's always some sour grapes, but with most of our recent signings (esp Green) these have been balanced with positive comments. I've not yet seen a positive from Yeovil fans.
Posted by: Malta_Mariner_90, July 1, 2019, 4:43pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from 140381

There's a lot of this around. Obviously there's always some sour grapes, but with most of our recent signings (esp Green) these have been balanced with positive comments. I've not yet seen a positive from Yeovil fans.

Just looking at the stats mentioned on here previously and his performance against us last season he seemed like he would be a decent signing. But I guess if that is the main view from Yeovil fans they are probably right.

Never forget the Vale fans telling us how shocking Sam Kelly was. Never seen a player who so obviously seriously feared any sort of physical contact as that guy.
Posted by: Kris2, July 1, 2019, 9:03pm; Reply: 28
Quoted from Malta_Mariner_90

Just looking at the stats mentioned on here previously and his performance against us last season he seemed like he would be a decent signing. But I guess if that is the main view from Yeovil fans they are probably right.

Never forget the Vale fans telling us how shocking Sam Kelly was. Never seen a player who so obviously seriously feared any sort of physical contact as that guy.

Sometimes it's justified criticism and sometimes not. In this case though they were so so right and he's had a bad review from fans of any club who have had the misfortune to feature him in the first team. I think the only players worse than him to ever put on the shirt were Tommy Forecast and Adam Buckley....Maybe I'm being unkind to Adam Buckley.
Posted by: sam gy, July 2, 2019, 10:12am; Reply: 29
Not sure why so many people are upset on apparently losing out with this one (do we know for sure we were even in for him, or has it just come from Twitter Chinese whispers). He was relegated last year, and also only managed 19 appearances.

He might be decent, who knows…I Hadn’t even heard of him until about two weeks ago. But it’s not the be all and end all.
Posted by: 140381 (Guest), July 2, 2019, 10:40am; Reply: 30
Quoted from sam gy
Not sure why so many people are upset on apparently losing out with this one (do we know for sure we were even in for him, or has it just come from Twitter Chinese whispers). He was relegated last year, and also only managed 19 appearances.

He might be decent, who knows…I Hadn’t even heard of him until about two weeks ago. But it’s not the be all and end all.

He's very tall. Etc.

Not helped by the fact there are no centre halves north of Stevenage.
Posted by: RonMariner, July 5, 2019, 12:01am; Reply: 31
Very quite on the signing front since we (allegedly) missed out on him. I wonder if we have a plan B target?

I still think we need a creative midfielder as a priority.
Print page generated: May 5, 2024, 4:11pm