Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Gaffer58, June 28, 2019, 3:35pm
Just for information, Sky now saying that both scunny games will be 1pm kick offs, now that's come as a complete shock to me!!!
Posted by: Les Brechin, June 28, 2019, 3:44pm; Reply: 1
https://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/2019/june/iron-fixture/
Posted by: Malta_Mariner_90, June 28, 2019, 4:27pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from Gaffer58
Just for information, Sky now saying that both scunny games will be 1pm kick offs, now that's come as a complete shock to me!!!

It does seem strange that the Police consider supporters to be more manageable at 1pm rather than 3pm.

Imagine if we got back to the Championship and played the likes of Wednesday, Sheff Utd, Leeds, etc. we would never play at 3pm!

I am not old but I remember there being far more likelihood of trouble when we played them than the last time we played Scunny in the league in 2005.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, June 28, 2019, 5:05pm; Reply: 3
Remember scunny on a Tuesday night a couple of weeks after playing Lincoln on a Saturday  afternoon!
Posted by: moosey_club, June 28, 2019, 8:10pm; Reply: 4
Shocker.

The Bradford game has a bigger risk IMO so if they leave that til 3p.m then they are more stupid than i ever gave them credit for.
Posted by: Gaffer58, June 28, 2019, 8:27pm; Reply: 5
But if Sky want to show a game it seems to be when they want to put it on and not the police. Just suppose both us and scunny make it to the playoffs and play each other, will that be decided by the police or Sky?
Posted by: Malta_Mariner_90, June 28, 2019, 8:45pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from moosey_club
Shocker.

The Bradford game has a bigger risk IMO so if they leave that til 3p.m then they are more stupid than i ever gave them credit for.

Exactly this!
Another example was the the Port Vale game a couple of season back. More trouble at that one game that in the previous decade at Blundell Park!
Print page generated: May 6, 2024, 1:16pm