Print Topic - Archive

Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: marinerdazza, June 18, 2019, 9:37pm
Morecambe just extended Kevin Ellison’s contract for another 12 months. Which will take him beyond his 41st birthday. Never forgiven him for getting Buckley 3 sacked, but shows that class is permanent.
Posted by: Grimsby2012, June 18, 2019, 9:52pm; Reply: 1
Or they can't afford anyone younger
Posted by: marinerdazza, June 18, 2019, 9:56pm; Reply: 2
Yeah, that’ll be it. FFS.
Posted by: diehardmariner, June 19, 2019, 8:26am; Reply: 3
I think Buckley MK III got himself sacked with poor signings and dour football didn't he?

Always liked Ellison, type of player we've missed for many of the last 20 odd years with the irony that we very, very nearly signed him.  That was back in the Championship days and I'm not sure he was ever quite good enough for that level but from about 2003 onwards it's fair to say he would have got in our side more often than not.
Posted by: 1mickylyons, June 19, 2019, 8:36am; Reply: 4
A great player at League 2 level we should have signed him years ago class.
Posted by: marinerdazza, June 19, 2019, 10:55am; Reply: 5
Quoted from diehardmariner
I think Buckley MK III got himself sacked with poor signings and dour football didn't he?

Always liked Ellison, type of player we've missed for many of the last 20 odd years with the irony that we very, very nearly signed him.  That was back in the Championship days and I'm not sure he was ever quite good enough for that level but from about 2003 onwards it's fair to say he would have got in our side more often than not.

He put the final nail in the coffin with a single handed performance which was absolutely superb.
Posted by: RichMariner, June 19, 2019, 11:02am; Reply: 6
I seem to remember us outplaying Chester that day, but Ellison's outrageous individual skill won them that game.

I wonder how many Morecambe fans have questioned whether his legs have gone over the last seven or eight seasons!
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, June 19, 2019, 12:15pm; Reply: 7
Hanson got another 10 years in him! happy days
Posted by: Abdul19, June 19, 2019, 1:35pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from RichMariner
I seem to remember us outplaying Chester that day, but Ellison's outrageous individual skill won them that game.

Coupled with the clown like display of Brentford's player of the year!
Posted by: Rik e B, June 20, 2019, 7:15am; Reply: 9
It depends on the man; for example Rooney was about shot at aged 31 but Giggs and Sheringham still soldiering on at 40+. ??)
Posted by: Nelly GTFC, June 20, 2019, 1:11pm; Reply: 10
Some players score more goals in their later career than when younger, example - Kevin Lisbie aged 32 to 36 scored 46 league goals in 111 league appearances.
Posted by: livosnose, June 20, 2019, 6:05pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from Nelly GTFC
Some players score more goals in their later career than when younger, example - Kevin Lisbie aged 32 to 36 scored 46 league goals in 111 league appearances.

Possibly down to dropping down the leagues mind ........same could be said for players like Jamie Cureton and dare I say it Lee Hughes
Print page generated: March 29, 2024, 12:22pm