Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: chaos33, June 18, 2019, 6:57pm
Apologies if covered elsewhere but Alex Whitmore has signed for Fylde and JJ Hooper for Wrexham.
Conference the correct level for both maybe?
Posted by: Malta_Mariner_90, June 18, 2019, 7:05pm; Reply: 1
Quoted from chaos33
Apologies if covered elsewhere but Alex Whitmore has signed for Fylde and JJ Hooper for Wrexham.
Conference the correct level for both maybe?

I think Whitmore has potential, problem for him I imagine was Jolley could not tell him he was going to be first choice, will be at the top end of the Connie with Fylde you would imagine so may put himself in the shop window for a potential football league return.

Hooper, one of those players who needs absolutely everything to be right and then have no pressure at all (hence the FGR hat-trick he scored after we were safe), so probably yes.
Posted by: moosey_club, June 18, 2019, 8:29pm; Reply: 2
Think Wrexham may not be the best fit unless he hits the ground running...expectant fans desperate to escape the conference....could be quick pressure on him there.
Posted by: jonnyboy82, June 18, 2019, 8:39pm; Reply: 3
Sounds like a solicitors firm.
Posted by: Maringer, June 19, 2019, 12:04am; Reply: 4
Fylde are paying pretty big wages so Whitmore is probably on a good whack. At least as much as he was earning here and I'd imagine he'll do a decent job at that level.

Conference is probably Hooper's correct level so he'll most likely do well for Wrecsam. Would be good if he can link up with Pearson to drag them bag into the League - the opposite of the Grim Reaper!
Posted by: Heisenberg, June 19, 2019, 9:22am; Reply: 5
Quoted from Maringer
Fylde are paying pretty big wages so Whitmore is probably on a good whack. At least as much as he was earning here and I'd imagine he'll do a decent job at that level.

Conference is probably Hooper's correct level so he'll most likely do well for Wrecsam. Would be good if he can link up with Pearson to drag them bag into the League - the opposite of the Grim Reaper!

I'm really surprised at this.  Surely Bromley will have wanted to keep him?  And didn't he want to stay down south?  Wrexham's a strange fit for him.

Personally I wish we'd kept Whitmore, but here's presuming that either MJ has an improvement up his sleeve, or he thinks Pollock will step up.

Posted by: Kris2, June 19, 2019, 11:28am; Reply: 6
Bromley did want to keep him but they probably aren't paying what Wrexham are. Similar position to us losing in the playoffs and fans expecting promotion so paying over the odds. Probably on a ridiculous 1 year deal in the hope that he can score a bunch of goals and get a fat goal bonus.
Posted by: rancido, June 19, 2019, 11:31am; Reply: 7
I always felt that Hooper had the ability and the potential to be a half decent player. Sadly he never seemed to have the application or the desire to exploit that.
Posted by: psgmariner, June 19, 2019, 11:39am; Reply: 8
I just thought he was rubbish.
Posted by: Southwark Mariner, June 19, 2019, 12:05pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from psgmariner

bloody fence sitters
Posted by: horsforthmariner, June 19, 2019, 2:24pm; Reply: 10
Scored 14 in 22 for Bromley on loan so I suspect he'll do well for Wrexham. He definitely had talent but to many games where he went missing.
Posted by: rancido, June 19, 2019, 7:20pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from psgmariner

As has been stated, he scored 14 goals in 22 appearances for Bromley only one level lower than us which is hardly " rubbish ". In fact if he had never played for us then with those stats I'm sure there would be a thread on here asking about if it would be worth MJ looking at him.
Posted by: psgmariner, June 19, 2019, 8:04pm; Reply: 12
Yep fair comment. He has done very well there.

I never saw him play for Bromley though so can only go on what I saw when he was with us.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, June 19, 2019, 9:19pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from psgmariner
Yep fair comment. He has done very well there.

I never saw him play for Bromley though so can only go on what I saw when he was with us.

I saw Hooper play for Bromley away at Hartlepool and he was terrible, kicking the ball out of the ground from 6 yards being his worst offence.

Imagine it is a case of money talks. Certainly last chance saloon for another chance in the league. If it doesn't work out at Wrexham he could be searching for a day job next summer.
Print page generated: March 29, 2024, 8:07am