Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: MuddyWaters, June 17, 2019, 5:17pm
Signs for Northampton on a 1 year deal.
Posted by: Mariner93er, June 17, 2019, 6:12pm; Reply: 1
Considering they're the big spenders so far, I'm slightly surprises by this. He has potential but couldn't even hold down a starting birth here, let alone a team who are going all out for promotion.
Posted by: hheh2, June 17, 2019, 7:08pm; Reply: 2
He is a good defender showed some good spells throughout the season remember him clearing off the line against crystal palace.
Posted by: Kris2, June 17, 2019, 7:16pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from Mariner93er
Considering they're the big spenders so far, I'm slightly surprises by this. He has potential but couldn't even hold down a starting birth here, let alone a team who are going all out for promotion.

More reasons for that than on the pitch probably like manager's favourites and so on in the same positions. Probably a player who will do really well at another club and we'll be questioning why he wasn't given a real chance because of Jolly's fetish for Swedish guys.
Posted by: Grantley, June 17, 2019, 7:29pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from Kris2

More reasons for that than on the pitch probably like manager's favourites and so on in the same positions. Probably a player who will do really well at another club and we'll be questioning why he wasn't given a real chance because of Jolly's fetish for Swedish guys.

I’d say it’s more to do with that Luke Hendrie (also a RB) is a better footballer) so RHJ wasn’t going to be guaranteed games.
Posted by: TAGG, June 17, 2019, 8:56pm; Reply: 5
Hes a big loss to us 😤
Posted by: KingstonMariner, June 17, 2019, 9:20pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from Mariner93er
He has potential but couldn't even hold down a starting birth here,  

Shame on him. Not being a father by the age of 24.
Posted by: chaos33, June 17, 2019, 10:25pm; Reply: 7
Would have preferred him to stay but ho hum...
Posted by: forza ivano, June 17, 2019, 10:28pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from Kris2

You dont half talk some shiite. 'Jolley',s fetish for Seedish guys' .so that's 2 players out of c.24 strong squad, which is about 8%. Some fetish. Tw,at
Posted by: Abdul19, June 17, 2019, 10:45pm; Reply: 9
That figure will rise when we sign Hansson
Posted by: Kris2, June 18, 2019, 12:31am; Reply: 10
Quoted from forza ivano

You dont half talk some shiite. 'Jolley',s fetish for Seedish guys' .so that's 2 players out of c.24 strong squad, which is about 8%. Some fetish. Tw,at

Coming from one of the biggest shiite talkers on here  ;D. 90% of what you say are random lies and BS about people who are not signing for us.
Posted by: Malta_Mariner_90, June 18, 2019, 7:32am; Reply: 11
Quoted from Grantley

I’d say it’s more to do with that Luke Hendrie (also a RB) is a better footballer) so RHJ wasn’t going to be guaranteed games.

This. I think his departure meant a move away from 3 at the back is likely, as RHJ was actually one of the more impressive performers in that system, be it at wing back or playing in the centre.

Hendrie is a proper defender though, RHJ more of a modern type who is more athletic than he is a good reader of the game etc. A player who to me when played at right back in a back four never looked as solid as Hendrie in that system.

Did like him bombing forward from the back when we played 3 at the back though and wish him all the best at Northampton as I only ever saw 100% from the guy.
Posted by: psgmariner, June 18, 2019, 8:08am; Reply: 12
He was immense at Palace and showed glimmers of promise. As I have said on here before the squad last year was nowhere near good enough. The table doesn't lie. We need wholesale changes but just got to pray the ones who have left are replaced with better players.

Too early to call yet, but Wes Thomas for Matt Green is hopefully an upgrade (if not in ability then in attitude, enthusiasm and consistency).
Print page generated: April 20, 2024, 11:20am