Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Les Brechin, June 13, 2019, 6:37pm
Had planning permission refused for their new stadium.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-gloucestershire-48619866
Posted by: NorthseaMariner, June 13, 2019, 6:39pm; Reply: 1
They sound like our council.
Posted by: promotion plaice, June 13, 2019, 6:43pm; Reply: 2

I'm no expert but I would have thought a stadium built mainly out of wood wouldn't be allowed anyway.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, June 13, 2019, 6:48pm; Reply: 3
I’m not surprised. I never thought it was sustainable from an environmental point of view sticking a stadium miles from population centres and public transport. I think it’s hypocritical even. DV then uses the excuse that the extractive industries say ‘I’m only trying to create jobs’.

If he is that bothered about creating jobs where they are needed and building a stadium in a sustainable location he should buy Fenty out  build us the Freemo-Eco Stadium. Win-win-win. As long as he doesn’t mess with our black and white stripes like he did with FGR’s. 😀
Posted by: moosey_club, June 13, 2019, 7:33pm; Reply: 4
Parish council objecting when planners had recommended....shoe in for winning at appeal if you ask me.  Mind you the fact he has included charging £7 for parking there i hope he loses the appeal...chucks his teddy out the pram and walks away.
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, June 13, 2019, 9:02pm; Reply: 5
Who would ever have wooden stands at a football  ground?

I am green with envy that they have submitted plans for a new ground.
Posted by: devon mariner, June 13, 2019, 9:27pm; Reply: 6
DV is an arrogant tw*t. "If I do appeal, it will be an independent and far more professional decision, and I see little chance of losing."

Why did he not make sure the new stadium was in the local area plan?
Posted by: Son of Cod, June 13, 2019, 10:34pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from promotion plaice

I'm no expert but I would have thought a stadium built mainly out of wood wouldn't be allowed anyway.

Timber in construction nowadays is clad in fire-rated sheetrock and/or coated in fire proof paint, which essentially means it's the same as steel in terms of being fireproof. Loads of buildings are made from wood nowadays. The new Japanese Olympic stadium in Tokyo is made from wood.
Posted by: scrumble, June 13, 2019, 11:08pm; Reply: 8
I'm not going to try and count them, but there seem to be far more than 5,000 seats in that stadium
Posted by: promotion plaice, June 14, 2019, 8:44am; Reply: 9
Quoted from Son of Cod

Timber in construction nowadays is clad in fire-rated sheetrock and/or coated in fire proof paint, which essentially means it's the same as steel in terms of being fireproof. Loads of buildings are made from wood nowadays. The new Japanese Olympic stadium in Tokyo is made from wood.

Yeah......fair enough.

Just googled it and wood in large construction actually holds its strength better in a fire than steel   :B

Posted by: 1mickylyons, June 14, 2019, 8:48am; Reply: 10
Would Town fans be up in arms if DV wanted to takeover GTFC?
Posted by: Mariner Timsky, June 14, 2019, 8:54am; Reply: 11
Why do they even need a new stadium??
Posted by: Les Brechin, June 14, 2019, 9:43am; Reply: 12
Quoted from Mariner Timsky
Why do they even need a new stadium??

Have you ever been to FGR. The stadium is in totally the wrong place. At the top of a massive hill in a village with totally inadequate parking facilities.

Each time I've been it's been a nightmare getting away after the game.

It struggles to cope with any decent away sized following and if they are ambitious and looking to climb the leagues there's no way they'd cope with an away following from the likes of say Sunderland or Portsmouth.
Posted by: Mariner Timsky, June 14, 2019, 10:31am; Reply: 13
Yes I have visited just the once -  its a funny old place in what is a village after all! I just was thinking more about them actually filling the stadium as it is now never mind a new one
Posted by: 1mickylyons, June 14, 2019, 10:40am; Reply: 14
The FGR gates given their catchment area are actually quite impressive but in real terms I can`t see how they hope to boost what they have?
Posted by: Mariner Timsky, June 14, 2019, 10:42am; Reply: 15
Yes I think that was the point I was trying to make - similar to the MK mob - they've peaked with the fans they have
Posted by: Madeleymariner, June 14, 2019, 12:07pm; Reply: 16
The new ground is right on an M5 junction, closer to Stroud (the nearest decent size town to Nailsworth) and for more accessible from most places, but certainly not a 10min hop for the locals from the village. The big bit is the development he wants to do around it, there's money in them there industrial units when built right on a junction.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, June 14, 2019, 12:14pm; Reply: 17
Stroud is not a football town! It's full of hippies and vegans........
Print page generated: May 3, 2024, 10:13pm