Print Topic - Archive

Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Gaffer58, June 10, 2019, 5:40pm
Anyone have any idea on his position with Sunderland, assume he would be fit for the start of the season.
Posted by: tanga_the_indestructible, June 10, 2019, 5:50pm; Reply: 1
He’s been offered a new contract but has yet to agree to sign it. There was a piece in their local paper last week about him.
Posted by: Roast Em Bobby, June 10, 2019, 6:59pm; Reply: 2
I work with a Sunderland fan and he was telling me today that they are worried that he hasn't signed yet. He also said that there is talk of there being some kind of relationship with Town going forward and mentioned we might be taking another couple of their youngsters - he did say the names but I can't remember - one was quite exotic.
Posted by: WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP, June 10, 2019, 7:03pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from Roast Em Bobby
I work with a Sunderland fan and he was telling me today that they are worried that he hasn't signed yet. He also said that there is talk of there being some kind of relationship with Town going forward and mentioned we might be taking another couple of their youngsters - he did say the names but I can't remember - one was quite exotic.

I'd be happy with that because they also have a great academy

Posted by: Poojah, June 10, 2019, 7:08pm; Reply: 4

Also work with a Sunderland fan who tipped me off about Embleton a couple of days before we originally signed him. Reckons they’re sending a young midfielder, Bali Mumba, our way if that rings any bells.

Only young and a bit of a wee man by all accounts, but apparently very talented. Technically their youngest ever captain as well apparently.
Posted by: Roast Em Bobby, June 10, 2019, 7:11pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from Poojah

Also work with a Sunderland fan who tipped me off about Embleton a couple of days before we originally signed him. Reckons they’re sending a young midfielder, Bali Mumba, our way if that rings any bells.

Only young and a bit of a wee man by all accounts, but apparently very talented. Technically their youngest ever captain as well apparently.

Yes, that is definitely the name my mate said. He also said about one being 17 years old but not sure which one.
Posted by: Poojah, June 10, 2019, 7:16pm; Reply: 6

Yes, that is definitely the name my mate said. He also said about one being 17 years old but not sure which one.

Mumba is 17 I believe, but has already been on the fringes of the Sunderland first team. Mate spoke well of him.
Posted by: Roast Em Bobby, June 10, 2019, 7:21pm; Reply: 7
Sounds promising. I've messaged my mate to ask the other ones name.
Posted by: Meza, June 10, 2019, 7:24pm; Reply: 8
you see him training on the Sunderland documentary along with Embleton. and the other young players, Honeyman and Maja.
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, June 10, 2019, 7:24pm; Reply: 9
Mumba sounds positively Gilbertesque at 5' 4". Obviously a talented lad as he's played for England at various youth levels.
Posted by: forza ivano, June 10, 2019, 7:40pm; Reply: 10
https://rokerreport.sbnation.com/2018/11/2/18055196/bali-mumba-new-deal-reaction-as-teenage-wonderkid-signs-three-year-contract-with-sunderland

Bloody hell, he sounds a bit good.now that would be a positive signing. Just imagine if the rumours about Emblet on were true as well
Posted by: golfer, June 10, 2019, 7:41pm; Reply: 11
Sunderland definitely want him out on loan after playing in the under 23 squad last year-looks good-hope we get him
Posted by: LH, June 10, 2019, 9:34pm; Reply: 12
Bali Mumba also scans to La Bamba ala the Harry Maguire song sung this week in Portugal. I’d sign him for that reason alone.
Posted by: Hagrid, June 10, 2019, 9:45pm; Reply: 13
Embleton was at the Club today. Supposedly alongside his agent. We shall see
Posted by: Mariner93er, June 10, 2019, 10:35pm; Reply: 14
You'd think the compensation would price us out of that.
Posted by: cjbill, June 11, 2019, 6:19am; Reply: 15
I might be completely wrong. But isn’t the compensation only valid if he moves to the same or a higher level?
Posted by: Meza, June 11, 2019, 7:31am; Reply: 16
Quoted from Hagrid
Embleton was at the Club today. Supposedly alongside his agent. We shall see

I'd love this to happen but just can't see it.  I mean you do  see good players leave their home club but not to join a smaller club in a smaller division.   Besides he'll be on a decent wedge.
Posted by: Sigone, June 11, 2019, 9:36am; Reply: 17
For sure going out on loan:-

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/sunderland-transfers-bali-mumba-loan-16406517
Posted by: Malta_Mariner_90, June 11, 2019, 9:41am; Reply: 18
Quoted from Sigone

Would make sense for it to be us as well.

1. He is not going to be loaned out to a L1 rival for them.

2. We treated Elliot superbly last season and he made real progress as a player.

3. Jolley will give younger players a good chance and with his youth coaching I think Jack Ross will see the benefits.
Posted by: Roast Em Bobby, June 11, 2019, 12:29pm; Reply: 19
Owen Gamble was the other Sunderland player that my mate mentioned.
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, June 11, 2019, 1:04pm; Reply: 20
Have there been serious rumours about Embleton?
Posted by: cmackenzie4, June 11, 2019, 1:41pm; Reply: 21

He sounds a bit of a risk if you ask me  ;)
Posted by: forza ivano, June 11, 2019, 1:50pm; Reply: 22

was told he's a long shot :)

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/who-owen-gamble-latest-sunderland-14120863                            Worksop lad as well, so local-ish
Posted by: Gaffer58, June 11, 2019, 5:45pm; Reply: 23

50-50 chance I reckon.
Posted by: Abdul19, June 11, 2019, 10:58pm; Reply: 24
"Gamble landed" to be the headline in the Telewag.
Posted by: Mighty_Mariner, June 11, 2019, 11:00pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from Abdul19
"Gamble landed" to be the headline in the Telewag.

I like "Jolley has taken a Gamble..."
Posted by: WetFlannel, June 11, 2019, 11:08pm; Reply: 26
Embleton won’t be at Sunderland next season, let alone back here on loan!
Posted by: 123614 (Guest), June 12, 2019, 10:27am; Reply: 27
Quoted from WetFlannel
Embleton won’t be at Sunderland next season, let alone back here on loan!

Source?  According to Jack Ross (Sunderland Manager), Embleton has been offered a new contract to stay at Sunderland.

Posted by: Son of Cod, June 12, 2019, 10:40am; Reply: 28
Quoted from 123614

Source?  According to Jack Ross (Sunderland Manager), Embleton has been offered a new contract to stay at Sunderland.

Apparently he isn't keen on signing it. Have seen a few articles suggesting that and there's an 8 page thread on their forum that hints at that a few times too (in among the chat about whether he's good enough for them or not - which is the bulk of it).
Posted by: WetFlannel, June 13, 2019, 1:03am; Reply: 29
He’s been offered a new contract, but he won’t sign for them.
Posted by: Ruston AT, June 13, 2019, 7:37am; Reply: 30
Ok we have a 17 year old on loan but what about our young players? Does this push them further down the pecking order?
Posted by: Swansea_Mariner, June 13, 2019, 8:04am; Reply: 31
Quoted from Ruston AT
Ok we have a 17 year old on loan but what about our young players? Does this push them further down the pecking order?

One of the country's  best in that age group, I would  imagine  our first year pro's  are likely to get loaned to non league teams  to get first team action regardless of who signs.. If you're  referring  to the likes of Clifton then I would say he seems a permanent  fixture in the squad now so in that case I'd  say no.
Posted by: MeanwoodMariner, June 13, 2019, 11:29am; Reply: 32
Quoted from Ruston AT

Yes
Print page generated: March 29, 2024, 12:28pm