Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Malta_Mariner_90, June 6, 2019, 3:33pm
Does anyone know anything regards the Russell situation? Maybe I missed it but I do not think he has yet agreed to stay on?

Would have thought this was one of the simpler things to sort. Either he has something else in the pipeline and would move on or we would sign him. Not sure why it would take so long to announce something.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, June 6, 2019, 3:57pm; Reply: 1
Quoted from Malta_Mariner_90
Does anyone know anything regards the Russell situation? Maybe I missed it but I do not think he has yet agreed to stay on?

Would have thought this was one of the simpler things to sort. Either he has something else in the pipeline and would move on or we would sign him. Not sure why it would take so long to announce something.

Any news on anything? As we do our PR on the pitch, I guess we're waiting for the friendlies before announcing anything.
Posted by: LH, June 6, 2019, 4:49pm; Reply: 2
I’d expect news soon. Jolley has been quoted in the media as saying “he’s a keeper”.

Posted by: pizzzza, June 6, 2019, 4:50pm; Reply: 3
I can't wait to be the first to post "Russell leaves" if he does go.
Posted by: moosey_club, June 6, 2019, 7:41pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from pizzzza
I can't wait to be the first to post "Russell leaves" if he does go.

Usually in Autumn though not pre season  ;)
Posted by: Southwark Mariner, June 7, 2019, 1:50pm; Reply: 5
Contract extended

https://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/2019/june/russell-extends-mariners-stay/?fbclid=IwAR00KItFaZN6ZUlLCVKSzxGwFmgXKyK2xAGtauroOnayV6de4bW84Z-NqbM
Posted by: Hagrid, June 7, 2019, 1:51pm; Reply: 6
finally a bit of positive news
Posted by: Bigdog, June 7, 2019, 3:09pm; Reply: 7
A signing that will cost us jack. Russell extending his contract won't put a dent in the budget..
Posted by: Malta_Mariner_90, June 7, 2019, 3:24pm; Reply: 8
Maybe I should start raising more questions on here  ;)

Seriously this is good news indeed. McKeown really did seem to benefit from his presence be it the coaching or a bit more realistic competition for him.
Posted by: A.l.f., June 7, 2019, 3:32pm; Reply: 9
Knowing our Luck lately - next week we'll be told Macca is off to Scunny :(
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, June 7, 2019, 7:15pm; Reply: 10
Gotta say I'm pleased he's gonna give us another year, sounds like he's been good for the development of Battersby which can only be a good thing ..
And, if Macca does get poached then we still have an half decent keeper on the books and we're not going to be left completely in the lurch..
Posted by: HertsGTFC, June 7, 2019, 7:47pm; Reply: 11
Good news
Posted by: moosey_club, June 7, 2019, 9:22pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from A.l.f.
Knowing our Luck lately - next week we'll be told Macca is off to Scunny :(

Heard Hurst say on the radio the other day that he was shopping in the no fee section.
Print page generated: May 2, 2024, 11:53pm