Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: GrimRob, June 3, 2019, 6:34am
Please enter your nomination for last week (within the world of football)....
Posted by: topuphere666, June 3, 2019, 8:17am; Reply: 1
The steward on Saturday who stopped the streaker  :)
Posted by: Civvy at last, June 3, 2019, 9:14am; Reply: 2
Quoted from topuphere666
The steward on Saturday who stopped the streaker  :)

Pitch invader. NOT a streaker  :-/
Posted by: promotion plaice, June 3, 2019, 9:23am; Reply: 3

Neymar......again
Posted by: jimgtfc, June 3, 2019, 9:26am; Reply: 4
Tottenham, for wasting the opportunity of a lifetime to win the Champions League against a Liverpool side who produced their worst performance of the season.
Posted by: RoboCod, June 3, 2019, 10:14am; Reply: 5
Quoted from jimgtfc
Tottenham, for wasting the opportunity of a lifetime to win the Champions League against a Liverpool side who produced their worst performance of the season.

Shouldn't Spurs be sharing that ,particularly Harry Kane, for equally producing  their worst performances of the season?
Posted by: jimgtfc, June 3, 2019, 10:20am; Reply: 6
Quoted from RoboCod

Shouldn't Spurs be sharing that ,particularly Harry Kane, for equally producing  their worst performances of the season?

Not Kane’s fault, why would you start a player clearly way short of match sharpness against arguably the best centre half in the world, and leave a player who is bang in form and gets in behind defences on the bench. Spurs and Pochettino in particular should be kicking themselves.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, June 3, 2019, 10:28am; Reply: 7
Poch - for dropping Moura & playing an unfit Kane
Posted by: RoboCod, June 3, 2019, 10:34am; Reply: 8
Quoted from jimgtfc

Not Kane’s fault, why would you start a player clearly way short of match sharpness against arguably the best centre half in the world, and leave a player who is bang in form and gets in behind defences on the bench. Spurs and Pochettino in particular should be kicking themselves.

Well indeed, why would you, when you have goal hero Moura on the bench? Kane's had plenty of time to pick up a little sharpness, and that's my point. These guys are apparently worthy of half a million quid a week, Kane should have done better.  Yet the commentators kept banging on about two tired, jaded teams. Maybe they knackered themselves in their crazy semi finals, but I bet Ajax or Man City would have made a better job of the final without embarrassing the footy world with these 'tired' excuses.
As such my vote would go to both teams but I'd rather nominate the idiots behind the prior Eufa game held in the middle of nowhere.
Posted by: Mariner Ronnie, June 3, 2019, 1:07pm; Reply: 9
UEFA for that awful Baku final venue
Posted by: RonMariner, June 3, 2019, 7:05pm; Reply: 10
UEFA

Baku? Where next?
Posted by: kamakazebear, June 3, 2019, 8:49pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from RonMariner
UEFA

Baku? Where next?

Well, you'll never guess where the next world cup is!
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, June 3, 2019, 10:39pm; Reply: 12
There are not going to play the next World Cup somewhere very hot are they?  In a country with a great World Cup pedigree?

I am sure the hosts have an outstanding safety record when building new stadiums?

At least the timescale will fit in with the European football season.  We can rest assured that they won the right to stage the World Cup fairly and squarely.
Posted by: sydney, June 3, 2019, 10:39pm; Reply: 13
Cowleys 😁
Print page generated: April 27, 2024, 6:36pm