Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: bawarmy, May 28, 2019, 3:21pm
https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sport/football/blackpool-fc/blackpool-make-solihull-moors-striker-adi-yussuf-first-signing-of-the-summer-1-9791990

Obviously going to score 20+ next season
Posted by: Malta_Mariner_90, May 28, 2019, 3:45pm; Reply: 1
Quoted from bawarmy

14 goals in 45 National League appearances last season perhaps suggest otherwise. Would be interesting the reaction on here if we signed a player from the National North/South with such a record.
Posted by: wiggers, May 28, 2019, 5:40pm; Reply: 2
Another decent signing that Slade let go.
Posted by: Ipswin, May 28, 2019, 6:29pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from Malta_Mariner_90

Would be interesting the reaction on here if we signed a player from the National North/South with such a record.

Depends how old he was really. Yet another aged journeyman from any league would be a no no for me but if he was a young lad with that record be it Conference or National North / South it would be a step in the right direction

Posted by: moosey_club, May 28, 2019, 7:13pm; Reply: 4
a potential 3 yr deal as well !!  Dont particularly like agents but fck me his agent has done some grafting there.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 28, 2019, 8:24pm; Reply: 5
Blimey, I didn’t expect that!
Posted by: Poojah, May 28, 2019, 9:52pm; Reply: 6
To be fair to Blackpool, they’ve got form for plucking genuine talent from non-league.

I mean, Paul Bigot for example...
Posted by: Ruston AT, May 29, 2019, 8:20am; Reply: 7
Could someone please tell me why I should be bothered, move on , he left us and plays for some other team.
Posted by: Maringer, May 29, 2019, 8:27am; Reply: 8
He was OK when he was here. Surprised he dropped down to the Conference and stayed there for a while but even more surprised he's found his way up to a higher division!
Posted by: Les Brechin, May 29, 2019, 8:54am; Reply: 9
Quoted from wiggers
Another decent signing that Slade let go.

Come on, are you honestly saying that you would have kept him, from what he showed when he was here?
Posted by: pontoonlew, May 29, 2019, 12:54pm; Reply: 10
False nostalgia from GTFC fans on a player who didn’t perform here, shock...
Posted by: Jackie Lewis, May 29, 2019, 1:02pm; Reply: 11
Andy Cook has surprised me with how well he’s done since he left us.
Is there a problem with the coaching our strikers are getting, if they can develop so well once they’ve gone ?
Posted by: mariner91, May 29, 2019, 2:18pm; Reply: 12
I find it odd the over reaction of some of our fans to Yussuf signing for a L1 team. Firstly, doesn’t mean he’ll do well at that level and as it stands, he is unproven even in L2. Secondly, he did nothing for us when playing. And thirdly, he was barely played by Bignot who was the one who signed him so it’s not necessarily a huge mistake on Slade’s part (for once).

He might have developed and pushed on since then and I wish him well. Doesn’t mean the club dropped a clanger getting rid.
Posted by: wiggers, May 29, 2019, 2:38pm; Reply: 13
I liked him when I saw him play, quick and powerful. Never really got his chance at Town. I’d take him over Cardwell all day long. What do I know though......I think Seb Ring is a good signing  :P
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, May 29, 2019, 3:18pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from Jackie Lewis
Andy Cook has surprised me with how well he’s done since he left us.
Is there a problem with the coaching our strikers are getting, if they can develop so well once they’ve gone ?

Not many strikers can score goals every season, at every club they play for.

Different midfielders supplying the passes
Different wingers supplying the crosses
Different formations, mean different positions.

Everything is a factor... Amond at Morecombe, Connell at Bournemouth... Both bang average records elsewhere before joining us
Posted by: Maringer, May 29, 2019, 3:23pm; Reply: 15
Andy Cook never looked properly fit when he was with us and I think has admitted as much since then. Obviously a different player when he's not carrying the extra pounds and blowing out his rear end after 15 minutes of the game.

Probably difficult for a young lad to move across the country away from friends and family and then make a proper go of things, but plenty of players have done it elsewhere so I don't have too much sympathy with him. We paid him to do a job and he didn't try hard enough.
Posted by: Les Brechin, May 29, 2019, 4:08pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from mariner91
I find it odd the over reaction of some of our fans to Yussuf signing for a L1 team. Firstly, doesn’t mean he’ll do well at that level and as it stands, he is unproven even in L2. Secondly, he did nothing for us when playing. And thirdly, he was barely played by Bignot who was the one who signed him so it’s not necessarily a huge mistake on Slade’s part (for once).

He might have developed and pushed on since then and I wish him well. Doesn’t mean the club dropped a clanger getting rid.

Agreed. We can blame Slade for countless things but getting rid of Adi Yussuf isn't one of them.

He scored twice against Blackpool in the FA Cup last season, so they've obviously been tracking him since then. Well I hope they have and they haven't signed him just on the basis of that one game.
Posted by: wiggers, May 29, 2019, 7:19pm; Reply: 17
Slade got rid of him, so yes I think I can place the blame with him
Print page generated: May 5, 2024, 8:33am