Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: wuffing, May 28, 2019, 8:22am
Well now that the dust has settled on another season........

Is anyone else excited about Max Wright for next year?

I thought that his performance against Crewe was really really good.

The way he ran at defenders, his trickery on the ball, his movement off the ball. The way he gets stuck in. The way he can ghost past people with a shimmy has got me quite excited. He is like a new signing in a way -  along with a pre-season fit Elliot Whitehouse in the middle.

We have a good reliable keeper in McKeown. An up and coming young centre-back in Pollock, who is only going to improve alongside Oman.

So I feel we have got the bones of a good team. It remains to be seen if Kristian Dennis re-joins us.

Three or four astute signings by Mr. Jolley, who hopefully has now learnt a thing or two and I feel a good, exciting season is in the offing.

Wat u fink?
Posted by: quebec38, May 28, 2019, 9:22am; Reply: 1
First time I’d watched Max against Crewe and I was impressed. He did things you’d see more often on the playing field than in a professional match. The one that sticks out was when he scooped the ball over the full back in to space for someone to run on to. I hope he doesn’t have that side coached out of him because their defenders didn’t know what to do with him. He seems so confident as well in his ability and there is no reason why he shouldn’t be. Only one game but it sounds like he’s been doing that all season at Boston too. Looks a League Two player already to me and I’m looking forward to seeing more of him.
Posted by: wuffing, May 28, 2019, 9:29am; Reply: 2
Quoted from quebec38
First time I’d watched Max against Crewe and I was impressed. He did things you’d see more often on the playing field than in a professional match. The one that sticks out was when he scooped the ball over the full back in to space for someone to run on to. I hope he doesn’t have that side coached out of him because their defenders didn’t know what to do with him. He seems so confident as well in his ability and there is no reason why he shouldn’t be. Only one game but it sounds like he’s been doing that all season at Boston too. Looks a League Two player already to me and I’m looking forward to seeing more of him.

Thank god for this...I thought the Red Cross Brigade had laid an ambush!

Posted by: grimsby pete, May 28, 2019, 1:02pm; Reply: 3
It would be good if 3 or 4 of our younger players can cement a place in the side this season,

It would create interest in the town looking how in the past what Drinkell, Moore's, Ford and Wilkinson went on to achieve.
Print page generated: May 1, 2024, 6:52pm