Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: crusty ole pie, May 25, 2019, 5:14pm
Our old mate is at again

102 mins
Post update
Newport 0-0 Tranmere
Have Newport got away with one there? I think they have!

Mickey Demetriou loses his footing as the last man and pulls down James Norwood, but the ref isn't interested.

Perhaps he thought the ball was too hard and was going through to Joe Day, but the Welsh side could've been down to nine.

Article Reactions
3 likes32 dislikes2
Posted by: Hagrid, May 25, 2019, 5:15pm; Reply: 1
He also got one wrong in normal time along with the linesman. newport should have had a pen
Posted by: Gaffer58, May 25, 2019, 5:26pm; Reply: 2
Mike Dean wouldn't have given it!!
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, May 25, 2019, 5:36pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from Hagrid
He also got one wrong in normal time along with the linesman. newport should have had a pen

Really!!!

Tom daley would've been proud of that
Posted by: promotion plaice, May 25, 2019, 5:37pm; Reply: 4

Tranmere promoted
Posted by: Hagrid, May 25, 2019, 5:37pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

Really!!!

Tom daley would've been proud of that

Its a clear penalty what are you talking about😂😂 giving the offside despite it being after the foul
Posted by: MuddyWaters, May 25, 2019, 5:38pm; Reply: 6
He’s got quite a few wrong but it just about evened itself out. O’Brien should have been sent off at Mansfield so justice in the end. Have to point out that Podge was pretty average today, Matt arguably Newport’s star man and Jennings and Pringle looked useful for Tranmere.
Posted by: bawarmy, May 25, 2019, 5:45pm; Reply: 7
It’s official , Ross Joyce can send a man off at Wembley in a play off final.

#stillbitter
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, May 25, 2019, 6:07pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from Hagrid

Its a clear penalty what are you talking about😂😂 giving the offside despite it being after the foul

It was the triple salko mid pirouette that gave it away
Posted by: Madeleymariner, May 25, 2019, 6:34pm; Reply: 9
To me, but they didn't show a replay, because it was a few secs before the sending off, Podge was definately pulled back in the box with the ball at his feet by McNulty allowing the clearance which led to O Brien getting his marching orders.
Posted by: arryarryarry, May 25, 2019, 9:38pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

It was the triple salko mid pirouette that gave it away

A clear foul on Matt, the Tranmere player stood on his foot, also Newport could have had another for hand ball.
Posted by: chrissy, May 26, 2019, 1:13pm; Reply: 11
The rule change of not flagging for offside unless the players becomes involved with play makes the refs job harder and mostly confuses the crowd.

I am no fan of Joyce but I could see why he gave the offside instead of the pen.

Would it be better if we went back to the old rule of if you are offside you are offside,

Was it Clough or Shankly that said  if a player is not interfering with play what is he doing on the pitch ?
Posted by: Gaffer58, May 26, 2019, 2:49pm; Reply: 12
A) it would have definatley been a penalty if it was a premiership game, B) surely the foul was committed prior to the linesman flagging for offside so should have been a penalty.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 26, 2019, 4:53pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from chrissy
The rule change of not flagging for offside unless the players becomes involved with play makes the refs job harder and mostly confuses the crowd.

I am no fan of Joyce but I could see why he gave the offside instead of the pen.

Would it be better if we went back to the old rule of if you are offside you are offside,

Was it Clough or Shankly that said  if a player is not interfering with play what is he doing on the pitch ?

Always thought it was Clough
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, May 26, 2019, 5:01pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Always thought it was Clough

It sure was KM but what Chrissy says stands
Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 26, 2019, 5:03pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

It sure was KM but what Chrissy says stands

Agree with the pair of you
Posted by: snoopsgtfc, May 26, 2019, 6:13pm; Reply: 16
They all cover up for each other....refs are as bad as doctors!
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, May 26, 2019, 6:22pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Agree with the pair of you

Sorry KM but for an instant I had a vision of that TV debate between Cameron, Brown & Clegg.... perish the thought!!  ;D
Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 26, 2019, 7:04pm; Reply: 18
Never saw it FOoW. Cameron was Blair Lite and Clegg was Cameron Lite.
Print page generated: April 27, 2024, 1:24am