Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: wigworld, May 24, 2019, 8:44pm
Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of fans: https://www.thenonleaguefootballpaper.com/latest-news/27058/gateshead-suspended-from-national-league-and-refused-licence-for-2019-20/
Posted by: moosey_club, May 24, 2019, 11:22pm; Reply: 1
i sometimes wish the EFL would be as tough as the non league are on defaulters, offenders and shitly run clubs.
Posted by: AndyDarloFC, May 25, 2019, 6:38am; Reply: 2
Probably a bit harsh considering the financial woes my club has had over the last 15 years or so, but this is karma for Gateshead.

They turned up at our place in Jan 2012 all waving £20 notes at us, laughing and giving it the big en.

intercourse Gateshead and intercourse it’s little tinpot following.

Where Gateshead's fans are struggling to raise anything more than £10,000 to finance a new fan owned club. My little tinpot club have raised £78,000 additional for our new manager in a #BoostTheBudget in just over 3 weeks. We will get it up to £100,000 by the time it ends on Friday.

Maybe I’m just being a bit of a c*nt.
Posted by: supertown, May 25, 2019, 7:35am; Reply: 3
£29 notes🤭
Posted by: crusty ole pie, May 25, 2019, 7:35am; Reply: 4
Certainly not acu@t but a true fan I look forward to the days when Darlington are back in their right full place in the football league it was always a good away day and on a lighter note usually 6 points for us and who can forget that Tuesday when we put 7 past you and then a few days later signed your goal scoring full back.
Good luck mate and hope you continue your long hard fight back up the pyramid
Posted by: crusty ole pie, May 25, 2019, 7:37am; Reply: 5
Quoted from supertown
£29 notes🤭

Yes rumour as it when they got home the geordie landlord where exchanging them for a bottle Newcastle brown and giving £25 change
Posted by: AndyDarloFC, May 25, 2019, 8:46am; Reply: 6
intercourse sake. Typo obviously...

But I meant £20 notes, it’s as bit of karma. They can sink back to their level now.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, May 25, 2019, 10:23am; Reply: 7
Cream always rises to the top Andy and £100k should make a huge difference at your level.

When the sugar daddies at clubs like Salford, Fleetwood, Crawley etc get bored they will plummet.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 25, 2019, 10:49am; Reply: 8
Quoted from AndyDarloFC
Probably a bit harsh considering the financial woes my club has had over the last 15 years or so, but this is karma for Gateshead.

They turned up at our place in Jan 2012 all waving £20 notes at us, laughing and giving it the big en.

intercourse Gateshead and intercourse it’s little tinpot following.

Where Gateshead's fans are struggling to raise anything more than £10,000 to finance a new fan owned club. My little tinpot club have raised £78,000 additional for our new manager in a #BoostTheBudget in just over 3 weeks. We will get it up to £100,000 by the time it ends on Friday.

Maybe I’m just being a bit of a c*nt.

That's a great effort Andy.
Posted by: Gaffer58, May 25, 2019, 3:15pm; Reply: 9
So if your fund raiser is successful and you achieve promotion this next season do not expect your board to thank you, the fans, for your efforts. Oh no only our board do things like that!
Posted by: AndyDarloFC, May 25, 2019, 5:42pm; Reply: 10
We’ve done it for the last 3 years including this one. Think someone quoted we’ve now raised around 280k for Boost the Budget schemes.

That’s on top of funding the club through shares etc.
I bought my season ticket/topped up my boost the budget donation and paid my supporters club membership this week. £700 down. My pay has taken a massive whack, is it worth it?

Of course it f*cking is. My club. My vote. My shares.

I love my tinpot fan owned club  
Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 25, 2019, 6:00pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from AndyDarloFC
We’ve done it for the last 3 years including this one. Think someone quoted we’ve now raised around 280k for Boost the Budget schemes.

I bought my season ticket/topped up my boost the budget donation and paid my supporters club membership this week. £700 down. My pay has taken a massive whack, is it worth it?

This!
Posted by: psgmariner, June 8, 2019, 3:18pm; Reply: 12
As expected they’ve been booted out the conference and aldershot have been let back in.
Posted by: AndyDarloFC, June 8, 2019, 4:46pm; Reply: 13
Absolute joke they’ve only been demoted one league, when we got demoted 4 leagues.

The sheer amount of rules they broke should have seen them kicked down to the Northern League.

They’ve also come out and indicated they are staying full time? How? They can barely bring in 1000 fans regularly, not sustainable and doesn’t look like they’ve learnt anything at all from this situation.
Like, where are they getting the money from to stay full time when apparently it’s the fans (‘GatesheadSoul’ on Twitter) that have orchestrated this “takeover”.

Tinpot club that had massively spent above the means for too long.

Only plus from a Darlo point of view is that it’s a closer game for us and not heading down to Oxford City.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, June 8, 2019, 5:43pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from AndyDarloFC
Absolute joke they’ve only been demoted one league, when we got demoted 4 leagues.

The sheer amount of rules they broke should have seen them kicked down to the Northern League.

They’ve also come out and indicated they are staying full time? How? They can barely bring in 1000 fans regularly, not sustainable and doesn’t look like they’ve learnt anything at all from this situation.
Like, where are they getting the money from to stay full time when apparently it’s the fans (‘GatesheadSoul’ on Twitter) that have orchestrated this “takeover”.

Only plus from a Darlo point of view is that it’s a closer game for us and not heading down to Oxford City.

Does seem unfair but at least the National League is taking serious action unlike the FL (apart from when Luton got docked 30 points).
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, June 9, 2019, 7:31am; Reply: 15
Quoted from AndyDarloFC

Respect
Posted by: WetFlannel, June 9, 2019, 10:46am; Reply: 16
Quoted from AndyDarloFC

The club had problems due to a shitty owner, and they’ve copulated off leaving the club with problems. The team finished in the top ten, all that relegating them does is hurt the fans, it doesn’t punish those responsible. So you’re now complaining that Gateshead didn’t get enough punishment for something that didn’t affect the team on the pitch?! I know local rivalry exists (as the fourth best non league in the North East you do need to try claw some relevance back!) but wanting a team to be kicked down to the Northern League is shitty.

I hate that Aldershot are staying up instead of a team like Spennymoor being promoted. It incentivises bad play.
Posted by: Hgtop, June 9, 2019, 10:55am; Reply: 17
Quoted from AndyDarloFC

Big difference Andy.  Gateshead were not in administration. Darlo broke more rules, were in admininstration three times with two lots of creditors shafted, Gateshead have paid their debts, are debt free and pay miniscule rent on the stadium (less than Darlo do for Blackwell Meadows).  Darlo also had no Golden Share which is the main reason why they were placed so low in the pyramid.  You are right that costs are more than gate revenue, but name a club that doesnt have to raise extra, beit through benign loans, share sales, gifts, sponsorship, fans donations etc etc.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, June 9, 2019, 4:59pm; Reply: 18
That’s BS. They were penalised by theNL because of financial and irregularities: non-payment of football debts, failing to follow reporting guidelines and breaching rules on loans and not securing a ground (ie they didn’t pay their rent). Regardless of who’s in charge that all benefits the team on the pitch. How else do you stop football clubs breaking the rules without some harsh penalty that punishes the fans?

You very rarely hear of fans protesting when the playing budget is inflated above the sustainable level. They’re quite happy to enjoy doing well. So they’re not really innocent by-standers.
Posted by: Hgtop, June 9, 2019, 9:03pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from KingstonMariner
That’s BS. They were penalised by theNL because of financial and irregularities: non-payment of football debts, failing to follow reporting guidelines and breaching rules on loans and not securing a ground (ie they didn’t pay their rent). Regardless of who’s in charge that all benefits the team on the pitch. How else do you stop football clubs breaking the rules without some harsh penalty that punishes the fans?

You very rarely hear of fans protesting when the playing budget is inflated above the sustainable level. They’re quite happy to enjoy doing well. So they’re not really innocent by-standers.

What BS?.  I don't get who you are having a go at here, me  or Andy.  Gateshead as a club has accepted the League's punishment without argument. The new owners have settled the debts, secured a lease on a ground and sorted all the misdemeanors you mention.  The previous owners mismanaged the club and mistreated the NL and the club has been relegated because of that.  Of course the fans suffer as they see a club they love being torn apart and a good season ending in relegation.

As I pointed out above there are distinct differences between the situations that Darlo and Gateshead were in, hence the diffence in punishments which was the source of Andy's displeasure.

I do stand by my final point though; that all clubs, even GTFC, rely on monies not generated through the turnstiles and on matchday, and should that alternative income be lost then they too would have financial difficulties that may result in some form of punishment from whatever league they are in.  We should always be careful of laughing at, or mocking, other clubs in difficulties as you never know when, for example, a chairman gets bored, calls in his loans and boom! your the next financial basket case.
Posted by: promotion plaice, June 9, 2019, 10:55pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from Hgtop
We should always be careful of laughing at, or mocking, other clubs in difficulties as you never know when, for example, a chairman gets bored, calls in his loans and boom! your the next financial basket case.

No problem for us, we only have benign loans   (clap)
Posted by: KingstonMariner, June 9, 2019, 11:39pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from Hgtop

What BS?.  I don't get who you are having a go at here, me  or Andy.  Gateshead as a club has accepted the League's punishment without argument. The new owners have settled the debts, secured a lease on a ground and sorted all the misdemeanors you mention.  The previous owners mismanaged the club and mistreated the NL and the club has been relegated because of that.  Of course the fans suffer as they see a club they love being torn apart and a good season ending in relegation.

As I pointed out above there are distinct differences between the situations that Darlo and Gateshead were in, hence the diffence in punishments which was the source of Andy's displeasure.

I do stand by my final point though; that all clubs, even GTFC, rely on monies not generated through the turnstiles and on matchday, and should that alternative income be lost then they too would have financial difficulties that may result in some form of punishment from whatever league they are in.  We should always be careful of laughing at, or mocking, other clubs in difficulties as you never know when, for example, a chairman gets bored, calls in his loans and boom! your the next financial basket case.

And all those years Gateshead were overspending the fans were protesting? Yeah like intercourse they were. That’s the BS I’m talking about.

All clubs rely on some extra commercial cash. For most outside the Premiership (and maybe the Championship) it’s proportional to the fan base. Except for FGR who have a very generous sponsorship deal. What deal have Gateshead got that allows them to spend beyond their meagre fanbase allows?
Posted by: KingstonMariner, June 9, 2019, 11:41pm; Reply: 22
PS if you can’t work out whether or m having a go at you or Andy, it shows how little you understand.

For the avoidance of doubt: its you not him!! ;D
Posted by: WetFlannel, June 9, 2019, 11:57pm; Reply: 23
I think a lot of Grimsby fans are still bitter about Gateshead because they had the gall to beat us in a game of football 5 years ago, but it doesn’t take away the fact these decisions are negatively affecting a football club which have paid what they owed after finishing in the top ten with one of the smallest budgets in the league. Gateshead’s spending in 2019 is minuscule compared to our Conference years, the money problems were mostly due to the owner, who has now sold on. Wish them luck for next season, certainly hope they finish above Darlington!
Posted by: KingstonMariner, June 9, 2019, 11:59pm; Reply: 24
Have they though? Have they really out punched their weight all these years through good management?
Posted by: WetFlannel, June 10, 2019, 12:04am; Reply: 25
Maybe not ‘all these years’, but they absolutely did in 18-19, which is the season relevant. Any decent player was sold on and replaced with youngsters and they still challenged for playoffs. In 2013 they were spending way too much but that’s not been the case for a few years now.
Print page generated: April 19, 2024, 11:20pm