Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: wigworld, May 19, 2019, 7:22pm
Way behind us now, but moderately interesting article which mentions in passing how Vose didn't want to be with us, but ended up here anyway! [url]https://medium.com/@fearlessid/the-curious-case-of-dom-vose-463828361cd8[/url]
Posted by: forza ivano, May 19, 2019, 8:55pm; Reply: 1
Quoted from wigworld
Way behind us now, but moderately interesting article which mentions in passing how Vose didn't want to be with us, but ended up here anyway! [url]https://medium.com/@fearlessid/the-curious-case-of-dom-vose-463828361cd8[/url]

Good spot wigworld n v interesting.obviously had a flaw in his make up, which he won't realise until he's celebrating his 40th birthday in some shiite London council flat.such a shame coz he had some real talent
Posted by: arryarryarry, May 19, 2019, 10:22pm; Reply: 2
I remember watching him play at the Racecourse Ground one Tuesday night when I think we came away with a 0-0 draw but he was outstanding that night for Wrexham.

Clearly very talented but doesn't appear to have got what it takes to fulfill his potential. I always thought he played half the time looking like he didn't give a toss and that appears to have been the same at most of the clubs he had played at. :-/
Posted by: Poojah, May 19, 2019, 10:26pm; Reply: 3
In the Scott Neilson mould for me; his talent has taken him further than his attitude could carry him.

Real shame on both counts really.
Posted by: moosey_club, May 19, 2019, 10:31pm; Reply: 4
that article is a little old...a quick check shows his last/ latest club is Dulwich Hamlet...Conference South.....5 appearances i think.....for a player who has the skills he has, to be hardly playing at that level, at his age just shows there are definately other issues with him.

Posted by: marinerdazza, May 19, 2019, 10:37pm; Reply: 5
I remember being furious when I heard Scunny had bid for him to stop Hurst buying him.

Vose was clearly a good player. Occasional flashes of real brilliance. Guess he just didn’t want to be up here. It’s like any job at the end of the day.

In the end I’m glad it was Scunny who spaffed their money though.  
Posted by: RoboCod, May 20, 2019, 7:12am; Reply: 6
Started reading the article but, a little like Vose, got bored and couldn't be bothered with it.
Posted by: diehardmariner, May 20, 2019, 9:56am; Reply: 7
Quoted from Poojah
In the Scott Neilson mould for me; his talent has taken him further than his attitude could carry him.

The thing with Neilson is that he wanted it far more often than Vose did, even then not often enough.

Neilson was unplayable at times, the start of the 14/15 (I think) season when we smashed Gateshead and then Alfreton a few days later he was just levels and levels above what we were facing.   I'd argue he's the biggest waste of talent this club has seen in many years.  

As you say, shame.
Posted by: hheh2, May 20, 2019, 10:46am; Reply: 8
Vose? Seriously a slow day on the fishy.
Posted by: Mallyner, May 20, 2019, 11:19am; Reply: 9
Quoted from arryarryarry
I remember watching him play at the Racecourse Ground one Tuesday night when I think we came away with a 0-0 draw but he was outstanding that night for Wrexham.

Clearly very talented but doesn't appear to have got what it takes to fulfill his potential. I always thought he played half the time looking like he didn't give a toss and that appears to have been the same at most of the clubs he had played at. :-/

I don't think it was that night, because I seem to remember him scoring from it, but I remember seeing a video of him playing for Wrexham and going from one box to the other, past player after player, with the ball almost glued to his toes.

Lack of dedication, what a sad waste of such a talent.

Posted by: Les Brechin, May 20, 2019, 1:17pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from Mallyner

I don't think it was that night, because I seem to remember him scoring from it, but I remember seeing a video of him playing for Wrexham and going from one box to the other, past player after player, with the ball almost glued to his toes.

Lack of dedication, what a sad waste of such a talent.

Not really one box to the other, but do you mean this one.

[youtube]xgykji5-Uc8[/youtube]

Posted by: Mallyner, May 20, 2019, 1:28pm; Reply: 11
Thank you Les

I guess that must be the one.

Well found.  :)
Posted by: Abdul19, May 20, 2019, 1:35pm; Reply: 12
I forgot Jon Nolan was there
Posted by: RoboCod, May 20, 2019, 2:03pm; Reply: 13
I never realised that ball boys could move that much.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, May 20, 2019, 2:32pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from Poojah

We played someone just before Christmas  (live on Tv) maybe kiddy, where Neilson had a stormer. Think we won 4-1 or something.
Posted by: Kris2, May 20, 2019, 3:01pm; Reply: 15
Kind of sad really when you see players who waste all of their talent and never amount to much. He's had opportunities in life that people would give their right arm for and he obviously is very gifted with the ball at his feet, we saw him make many players look very silly when he was with us too. Now he's playing non league forever probably because he can't stay with a club for a full season because of apparent attitude problems.

Another loanee we had Mark Nicholls went from European football with Chelsea to being regularly sent off in non league games for getting into fights. Big opportunities drunk away because they don't apply themselves or they have personal issues.
Posted by: diehardmariner, May 20, 2019, 3:41pm; Reply: 16
Nothing I saw when Nicholls here suggested he ever had the talent to a footballer at the highest level, or anywhere near it for that matter.  

I think, in his defence, he was mainly played as a lone striker which clearly wasn't his game but he was still dreadful.
Posted by: friskneymariner, May 20, 2019, 3:55pm; Reply: 17
Best thing Nicolls did here was to put his face in the way of Kevin Muscat's elbow.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, May 20, 2019, 4:08pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from friskneymariner
Best thing Nicolls did here was to put his face in the way of Kevin Muscat's elbow.

After he got that penalty v palace, he coached jack lester
Posted by: Abdul19, May 20, 2019, 4:30pm; Reply: 19
[pedant mode] Lester had left by that point  ;)
Posted by: fiveallive, May 20, 2019, 5:49pm; Reply: 20
Dominic Vose only had one decent spell at Wrexham, when he signed for us it was said no other teams came in for him at that point maybe he should of relised he needed to do well for us.

I thought he should of played in a number 10 role instead of out wide.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, May 20, 2019, 7:12pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from Abdul19
[pedant mode] Lester had left by that point  ;)

Who said it was at town? 🤔😘
Posted by: Abdul19, May 20, 2019, 9:48pm; Reply: 22
Where was it, out of interest? 😽🖨
Posted by: diehardmariner, May 21, 2019, 8:22am; Reply: 23
Quoted from fiveallive
Dominic Vose only had one decent spell at Wrexham, when he signed for us it was said no other teams came in for him at that point maybe he should of relised he needed to do well for us.

I thought he should of played in a number 10 role instead of out wide.

Yeah I always thought with Vose and indeed Neilson as well.  In fact I even though Nathan Arnold would have had more impact in a true free role rather than to spend some of his energy tracking back.  To Arnold's absolute credit, I don't ever remember him neglecting his defensive duties.  I just felt his energy would have been better served in a role where he could concentrate predominantly in attack.  Neilson and Vose on the other hand, never really helped their fullback and what they offered going forward we had to compensate in other ways with someone helping out the full-back.

Thinking of Neilson, Vose etc. has jogged my memory of Louis Soares.  If ever there was a flash in the pan player it was him.  Great record at Hayes for half a season, came here and looked miles out of his depth and then has languished since.  Looking on his Wikipedia page, I'm not sure what surprised me more - the fact it was 7 years since we signed him or that he was on our books for 18 months!
Print page generated: April 23, 2024, 10:15am