Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: The Grim Reaper, May 19, 2019, 1:43pm
Why do we have to have Scunthorpe United stories on the Grimsby Telegraph site? It's bad enough that they have their own page on thisisgrimsby, so why don't they keep their excrement on there??
Posted by: NorthseaMariner, May 19, 2019, 3:24pm; Reply: 1
I think it’s because the Scunthorpe Telegraph is only a weekly publication, as it’s readership is too small for a daily. So I suppose they “shoehorn” some of it on the Grimsby website.
Posted by: fishboyUTM, May 19, 2019, 3:27pm; Reply: 2
It'a 28 miles away so shouldn't be on the telegraph website. They are utter filth and I want no part of them.
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, May 19, 2019, 3:40pm; Reply: 3
It is because it is not the Grimsby Telegraph, it is GrimsbyLive and it includes Scunthorpe. It is now owned by the Daily Mirror operating as Reach Plc which also owns the Hull Daily Mail, the Nottingham Post and well over 200 other local papers that used to be independent or in small groups across Britain. This is why there are stories on the GT website from all over the shop and the journos write for several different newspapers so the whole country can fed the appropriate Daily Mirror messages.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 19, 2019, 6:40pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from fishboyUTM
It'a 28 miles away so shouldn't be on the telegraph website. They are utter filth and I want no part of them.

The problem is when you have these spoof user accounts and come out with stuff like that, you run the risk that people take you at face value and to people outside the 'football family' see it and think 'typical football holligan'.
Posted by: moosey_club, May 19, 2019, 6:59pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from NorthseaMariner
I think it’s because the Scunthorpe Telegraph is only a weekly publication, as it’s readership is too small for a daily. So I suppose they “shoehorn” some of it on the Grimsby website.

incorrect....its only a weekly publication as thats how long it takes them to read each issue.
Posted by: Marinerz93, May 19, 2019, 10:14pm; Reply: 6
Is it so we see it's not so bad living in GY.
Posted by: fishboyUTM, May 20, 2019, 8:02am; Reply: 7
Quoted from KingstonMariner

The problem is when you have these spoof user accounts and come out with stuff like that, you run the risk that people take you at face value and to people outside the 'football family' see it and think 'typical football holligan'.

Spoof user accounts, with names liked Kingston Mariner perhaps?
Print page generated: April 25, 2024, 1:12pm