Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, May 15, 2019, 3:28pm
I'm after some advice.

I currently live in a rented property

I have just had my first mortgage approved.

I need to give a months notice at my rented house, but when do I do this?
I don't want to give it too soon and be in trouble! and too late and have 2 house to pay for, for a while?

if this makes sense!

any advise or help would be great
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, May 15, 2019, 3:54pm; Reply: 1
If you're not in a chain and not under pressure from the vendor I'd look to exchange then set a date for completion that's a month away, then give your notice. Once exchanged you can be confident it'll happen on an agreed date. Until then things can drag and get delayed.

Overlap it so you have both for a couple of days so you can clean it after you've emptied it and move everything over a couple of days as well.
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, May 15, 2019, 4:04pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
If you're not in a chain and not under pressure from the vendor I'd look to exchange then set a date for completion that's a month away, then give your notice. Once exchanged you can be confident it'll happen on an agreed date. Until then things can drag and get delayed.

Overlap it so you have both for a couple of days so you can clean it after you've emptied it and move everything over a couple of days as well.

Yeah, the house we buying has no chain.

We are currently at the stage of waiting for the valuation.

So would you suggest waiting to exchange contracts, then set a date for say a month, minus 2-3 days ... and then hand in our month notice
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, May 15, 2019, 5:08pm; Reply: 3
That makes sense to me to do it that way but I'm no expert. Run it past your solicitor and see what they think.
Posted by: Marinerz93, May 15, 2019, 6:46pm; Reply: 4
Some good advice from Rodley Mariner, as you are moving out to a house you are buying, I would liaise with your Landlord, give them as much notice as you can, as that offers greater flexability on both sides. Delays can sometimes happen so if you cover yourself with an over lapping time period it's win win both for you and the landlord.

That's if your landlord has been fair with you.
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, May 16, 2019, 9:00am; Reply: 5
Awesome, thanks guys.

We are through an estate agent, so never spoken directly with the landlord
Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 16, 2019, 10:24pm; Reply: 6
Good luck with it Jarmo. Buying your own place can be like following Town in the 2015-16 season, lots of twists and turns and set-backs, but ultimately rewarding.
Print page generated: April 27, 2024, 10:35am