Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Les Brechin, May 15, 2019, 1:47pm
[youtube]DAq98zRlnqg[/youtube]
Posted by: Mariner Timsky, May 15, 2019, 1:52pm; Reply: 1
Great great memories of that day!! Hard to think its been 3 years since that amazing day

And the 3 League 2 seasons since that day have been well not exactly memorable!

But we are Town and we are Football League and enjoying those few good days are what its all about

UTM
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, May 15, 2019, 2:04pm; Reply: 2
When I get to look back on my life, the Nathan Arnold goal will always be a never-to-be-forgotten moment

Absolutely spine-chilling

I still get shivers just thinking about it... 8)

#UTM  #GTID #FISH
Posted by: MuddyWaters, May 15, 2019, 2:05pm; Reply: 3
At Wembley - biggest lump in throat and a few tears, will watch again tonight and probably still feel the same UTM
Posted by: Mariner Timsky, May 15, 2019, 2:07pm; Reply: 4
That's the absolute beauty of watching back the highlights - you still get the same feelings you got from that day!
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, May 15, 2019, 2:18pm; Reply: 5
Great day out with great mates. Sipping pints with podge's family and watching as the most laughable excuse for hooligans tried to kick off. Cried at the match when that goal went in.

Never been so proud
Posted by: Mariner Timsky, May 15, 2019, 2:21pm; Reply: 6
Surely not trying to kick off with the friendly folk from the village green??
Posted by: buckstown, May 15, 2019, 2:25pm; Reply: 7
On a plane coming back from Madrid. Took off about 15:00 and landed at 17:50. Booked the holiday weeks before but after the Bristol Rovers disappointment didn't mind if I missed it as I couldn't have handled losing again.
When we landed and I got a signal, my phone exploded with messages from my grandson with score updates. Trouble is the messages just said 1-0 etc. but not to who!
Watched the whole thing with my brother in law when we got in the house and got ratted. The JT commentary is still one of my best ever football memories
Went to Wembley the next week for the Halifax FA Trophy game and was really annoyed. Think most of the town boys must have been on the lash all week
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, May 15, 2019, 2:40pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from Mariner Timsky
Surely not trying to kick off with the friendly folk from the village green??

It was wurzel gummidge, aunt sally and gethro trying to kick off with us
Posted by: Mariner Timsky, May 15, 2019, 2:42pm; Reply: 9
Vegan Army I've heard they are a right moody bunch
Posted by: Les Brechin, May 15, 2019, 2:44pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from buckstown
On a plane coming back from Madrid. Took off about 15:00 and landed at 17:50. Booked the holiday weeks before but after the Bristol Rovers disappointment didn't mind if I missed it as I couldn't have handled losing again.
When we landed and I got a signal, my phone exploded with messages from my grandson with score updates. Trouble is the messages just said 1-0 etc. but not to who!
Watched the whole thing with my brother in law when we got in the house and got ratted. The JT commentary is still one of my best ever football memories
Went to Wembley the next week for the Halifax FA Trophy game and was really annoyed. Think most of the town boys must have been on the lash all week

They were. Apparently they had one training session, the day before the Trophy Final.
Posted by: Mariner Timsky, May 15, 2019, 2:53pm; Reply: 11
And that was just a knock about in the pub car park!!  ;D ;D ;D
Posted by: promotion plaice, May 15, 2019, 10:27pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from buckstown

I didn't care because we had won the big one, we watched the whole of the earlier Morpeth v Hereford game because my wife comes from the North East.
Great win for the underdogs Morpeth.

It was still a great day as Wembley held loads of free events, got my picture taken with the FA Cup for free   :)

Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 15, 2019, 10:51pm; Reply: 13
Now what was I doing 3 years ago......hmmmm.
Posted by: 139847 (Guest), May 15, 2019, 11:47pm; Reply: 14
Will never forget that day, was sitting high up ito get signal in a half constructed hotel in Bali with patchy 3g crying my eyes out, one of my best memories ever.
Posted by: lukeo, May 16, 2019, 7:52am; Reply: 15
For me it wasnt just that goal aand promotion.. We, the fans also makes it a day I will never forget... Singing foor over an hour pre match in thhe concourse then virtually singing all game.. The goal, the fans and the promotion.. Amazing day.
Posted by: 1mickylyons, May 16, 2019, 8:14am; Reply: 16
Quoted from lukeo
For me it wasnt just that goal aand promotion.. We, the fans also makes it a day I will never forget... Singing foor over an hour pre match in thhe concourse then virtually singing all game.. The goal, the fans and the promotion.. Amazing day.

This. You can`t buy the support Town have and I`m not talking about the numbers the two sets of fans that day where a million miles apart . The Town support went to the game to get behind their team and get promotion back to where they belonged the FGR fans went for a nice day out . I went the following week and it was role reversal albeit with a similar number of fans the Town support were flat and their for a day out and a final farewell to non league .The Halifax fan`s wanted to win at all costs and spurred their team on.
Posted by: Dan, May 16, 2019, 5:14pm; Reply: 17
We had to travel to some obscure and weird places in our conferences days, and often the opposing teams brought more players than fans, but Paul Hurst built a proper team that had a cohesiveness I'd not seen for years before or in the years since. Players like McKeown, Disley, Amond, Bogle, Pearson will not be easily forgotten. There were some shitty times, but days like this made it worthwhile. I was in tears at Burton, and I was in tears this day too :)

I hope with time Jolley can build a similar team to the one Hurst did.

Happy memories.
Posted by: sydney, May 16, 2019, 6:06pm; Reply: 18
May as well watch it for the 1,000,001st time
Almost makes all the suffering worth while
Can we have another day like that soon please?
Posted by: moosey_club, May 16, 2019, 6:42pm; Reply: 19
seeing the very final images were you just catch a glimpse of the FGR end i am so glad they have just lost out again.....their rise needs to stop.
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, May 16, 2019, 6:45pm; Reply: 20
Greatest moment of that day was when my Dad pulled his hamstring celebrating  ;D  ;D  ;D
Posted by: Ipswin, May 16, 2019, 6:49pm; Reply: 21
I remember exactly where I was and everything about that wonderful day up to about eight o'clock in the evening, after that everything is blank until about lunchtime the next day.
Posted by: sydney, May 16, 2019, 8:05pm; Reply: 22
100,s of fans singing “ We’ve got Amond Padraig Amond etc at Peterborough services after on the way home
Just a natural amazing thing
And during game sat next to Kevin Clifton and celebrated with him all ace
Nice Lad
Come On Town
Posted by: Hagrid, May 16, 2019, 10:02pm; Reply: 23
The best feeling ive had supporting town. Got a family photo afterwards with mighty mariner with Wembley in the background, got back to Grimsby about 10? Straight out to cleethorpes at which point the players Arrived 11 o clockish? Dont think they had to buy a pint all night. I left about 3am with Gregor Robertson spotted wandering down towards the beach completely copulated with a kebab! Rang work explaining i would like the Monday off 😂
Posted by: jock dock tower, May 16, 2019, 10:18pm; Reply: 24
Flew there and back in the day from Scotland for the game. Think I've said it before but at the end of the game I suddenly burst into tears with the enormity of it all and thought "You silly old tw@t!" Turned around and saw dozens more like me doing exactly the same. What a day.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 16, 2019, 10:25pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from sydney
100,s of fans singing “ We’ve got Amond Padraig Amond etc at Peterborough services after on the way home
Just a natural amazing thing
And during game sat next to Kevin Clifton and celebrated with him all ace
Nice Lad
Come On Town

Wouldn't have minded celebrating with his ex.
Posted by: promotion plaice, May 17, 2019, 9:29am; Reply: 26

And on This Day In 2016: Town's Open-Top Bus Parade took place.

We watched the bus come down Cleethorpes seafront.

https://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/2019/may/bus-parade/
Print page generated: April 18, 2024, 3:09pm