Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: 1mickylyons, May 15, 2019, 7:17am
Apologies if this is posted elsewhere BUT Town have managed to find the above company so people can still purchase their Season tickets by spreading the cost over 10 Months .It was on the GTFC website last night and I hope it helps a few folk who want to renew.
Posted by: TheRealJohnLewis, May 15, 2019, 8:42am; Reply: 1
8% Finance isn't great, If you're savvy you can get 0% interest on purchases on credit cards for up to 28 months.

An easy way to save money, but you have to make sure you pay on time otherwise the interest will get loaded on. Do not spend outside of the introductory 0% period.

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/credit-cards/best-0-credit-cards/

EDIT: figures edited.
Posted by: pizzzza, May 15, 2019, 9:42am; Reply: 2
Quoted from TheRealJohnLewis

An easy way to save £40, but you have to make sure you pay on time otherwise the interest will get loaded on. Do not spend outside of the introductory 0% period.

The saving isn't that much though is it? On a single ST the interest would only be £26. Then presumably GTFC will charge a £5 on credit card purchases as well?
Posted by: TheRealJohnLewis, May 15, 2019, 9:46am; Reply: 3
They changed the article of the OS that stated £40 finance, which is where I got the figures from.  Even so £21 saving (if there's a £5 credit card fee) is better in your pocket than a finance company, surely?

Updated OS article.  https://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/2019/may/spread-the-cost-of-your-1920-season-ticket/
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, May 15, 2019, 10:09am; Reply: 4
Can't the club self finance? Or Is it not worth the hassle?
Posted by: TheRealJohnLewis, May 15, 2019, 10:49am; Reply: 5
They probably could self finance but they would then have the hassle of chasing up late payments and potentially losing out of non payers.  This way GTFC transfer the risk to a 3rd party.
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, May 15, 2019, 1:26pm; Reply: 6
They probably could self finance but they would then have the hassle of chasing up late payments and potentially losing out of non payers.  This way GTFC transfer the risk to a 3rd party.

Just as with the catering...   ;)

Posted by: PrestwichMariner, May 15, 2019, 1:28pm; Reply: 7
Surely they would then have to become regulated by the FCA etc which would be a massive admin burden for the club.
Posted by: Civvy at last, May 15, 2019, 3:32pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from PrestwichMariner
Surely they would then have to become regulated by the FCA etc which would be a massive admin burden for the club.

Yeah, they probably have to invest in another A4 notebook 📒 !
Posted by: supertown, May 15, 2019, 3:52pm; Reply: 9
Not sure if they are allowed anymore for some reason. My golf club had to outsource their direct debit last year and so ended the fees
Posted by: Maringer, May 15, 2019, 4:07pm; Reply: 10
It hasn't been legal to charge an additional fee for using credit cards since January 2018. EU directive:

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/2018/01/cards-fees-to-be-banned-from-saturday/
Posted by: Bristol Mariner, May 15, 2019, 4:28pm; Reply: 11

Need a consumer credit licence etc so I think becomes uneconomical
Posted by: rancido, May 15, 2019, 7:20pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from supertown
Not sure if they are allowed anymore for some reason. My golf club had to outsource their direct debit last year and so ended the fees

I know what you mean. My tiddly winks club did the same. ;)
Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 15, 2019, 10:44pm; Reply: 13
About bloody time. Would've been better to sort it before, but got to be thankful for small mercies I suppose.
Posted by: golfer, May 16, 2019, 8:37am; Reply: 14
If  Evry Body send mee chek £50  made out "Golfer Bahamas" I will send themm fre seasin tikit 4 necst yer plus oliday seashels. Onesty eez mi kname.
Posted by: Civvy at last, May 16, 2019, 8:51am; Reply: 15
Quoted from golfer
If  Evry Body send mee chek £50  made out "Golfer Bahamas" I will send themm fre seasin tikit 4 necst yer plus oliday seashels. Onesty eez mi kname.

Sounds good to me mate. My cheque book was chewed up by my dog though. So I’ll transfer money directly.

All I need to send the £50, is your account details, PIN number, Password and your mother’s maiden name.
Oh, and the three numbers on the back of your debit card as well please.
Posted by: 1mickylyons, May 16, 2019, 10:15am; Reply: 16
Quoted from Civvy at last

Sounds good to me mate. My cheque book was chewed up by my dog though. So I’ll transfer money directly.

All I need to send the £50, is your account details, PIN number, Password and your mother’s maiden name.
Oh, and the three numbers on the back of your debit card as well please.

My long lost Nigerian cousin has been on he says when you have the details pass them on and he will transfer 200M into the account so Golfer can purchase GTFC
Posted by: golfer, May 16, 2019, 10:44am; Reply: 17
Quoted from 1mickylyons

My long lost Nigerian cousin has been on he says when you have the details pass them on and he will transfer 200M into the account so Golfer can purchase GTFC

Downt kneed it mayte- hav gust got ordear four entyre stok from a Mister J.S.F.- hym say HUSH.
Print page generated: April 23, 2024, 12:45pm