Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Les Brechin, May 14, 2019, 6:40pm
Just back from my first ever cruise (apart from Hull to Rotterdam or Zeebrugge)

Went to The Norwegian Fjords.

Wasn't sure if I'd like it but ot was incredible and I loved every minute.

The ship was fantastic and the staff on board were very efficient and friendly and I'll no doubt be doing another next year.

Anyone else been on a cruise and what did you think about it?

[img]https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/60338190_10159138856838636_80155368327479296_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr3-1.xx&oh=d54f6c5fb43985b0e27f5e0de4f4d500&oe=5D603E44[/img]
Posted by: grimsby pete, May 15, 2019, 11:23am; Reply: 1
We used to go to Esbjerg  Denmark from Harwich until they stopped the route Les,

Also been from Denmark to Sweden but not a full cruise,

Always enjoyed the trip and enjoyed a few from Hull to Rotterdam and Zeebrugge .

The wife not well enough now to go on a full cruise even though we had planned to go on one.
Posted by: mariner91, May 15, 2019, 11:29am; Reply: 2
I think I probably did the same cruise as you Les. Took in Kristiansund, Stavangar, Flam and some others? It was great, I thoroughly enjoyed it. I've also done a cruise around Italy which was lovely, some beautiful cities. Only problem is I'm not great at self control and get fat when I'm on a cruise.
Posted by: cmackenzie4, May 15, 2019, 1:23pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from mariner91
I think I probably did the same cruise as you Les. Took in Kristiansund, Stavangar, Flam and some others? It was great, I thoroughly enjoyed it. I've also done a cruise around Italy which was lovely, some beautiful cities. Only problem is I'm not great at self control and get fat when I'm on a cruise.

Up to Cruiserweight?  ;)
Posted by: Les Brechin, May 15, 2019, 1:53pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from mariner91

We visited Stavanger, Olden, Alesund and Bergen on our cruise. Plus I know what you mean, I put on 6lbs in the week I was away. I'm just a bit fatter git now.  ;D

We went on a bus tour of Alesund when we docked there and went past their football stadium. Quite a smart, fairly modern ground for a second tier Norwegian football club. Capacity just under 11000 I was told. Something similar wouldn't go amiss for us.
Posted by: Ipswin, May 17, 2019, 6:55pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from Les Brechin

We went on a bus tour of Alesund when we docked there and went past their football stadium. Quite a smart, fairly modern ground for a second tier Norwegian football club. Capacity just under 11000 I was told. Something similar wouldn't go amiss for us.

Heck of a long way to go for home games Les, Freemo would be better
Print page generated: May 2, 2024, 7:09am