Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: OllieGTFC, May 14, 2019, 10:19am
Looks like we could very well be struggling to keep hold of him this year
Posted by: Garth, May 14, 2019, 10:26am; Reply: 1
Same old chestnut rolled out at the same time every year
Posted by: Mariner Timsky, May 14, 2019, 10:27am; Reply: 2
Curse of the POTY award  ??)
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, May 14, 2019, 10:33am; Reply: 3
Who's offered £3 million plus this time around?.. Sunderland, Middlesbrough, or us it a Scottish Premier team again?...
Without substance please stop spouting the same old crud .
The only concern I have regards Macca is that with the appointment of Hurst at scunny and Swann bank rolling the club they could possibly make him an offer he couldn't refuse, only thing being is that Macca would get unwarranted dogs abuse if he did go there but stayed residing in Grimsby..
Posted by: marinerdazza, May 14, 2019, 10:41am; Reply: 4
John Tondeur has said on twitter there might be a couple of clubs looking at him this summer. I don't know if that makes it any more believable this time round. I seem to recall him tweeting the same last year...
Posted by: grimsby pete, May 14, 2019, 10:57am; Reply: 5
There was a reason Jolley gave Macca a 3 year contract a year ago,

If anybody wants him the asking price is £2million,

End of rumour. ;D
Posted by: Malta_Mariner_90, May 14, 2019, 11:06am; Reply: 6
To be honest if a club (Scunny maybe now with Hurst?) is willing to offer a daft amount for Macca then should we sell up? Would free up a considerable amount of the wage budget if some are to be believed on here.

You will not find a finer shot stopper at this level. But to me there are better all round keepers around, even lower down (AFC Fylde's keeper Lynch looks quality whenever I see him for example). Even the Eastleigh keeper impressed in the playoffs (Reading youngster I believe?).

Posted by: FishFan101, May 14, 2019, 11:12am; Reply: 7
Not surprised due to the season he has had. Incredibly consistent for us, i'd be very disappointed to lose Macca and don't think we could attract a goalkeeper of a similar standard. I'd miss him
Posted by: jaygy, May 14, 2019, 11:12am; Reply: 8
I’d love to keep Macca but if he were to leave for a good price then he is replaceable. There are 4th choice keepers in the premiership that could easily do a job in league 2 and they normally come on cheap season long loans as their parent clubs are just happy for them to be getting game time. Henderson is one of a long line of keepers that have worked their way up the leagues doing this and there are many more like him itching for ‘real’ game time
Posted by: mimma, May 14, 2019, 11:38am; Reply: 9
Macca is due a testimonial when his contract is up which means it would take a lot more money to prise him away. Bigger clubs will be looking at younger keepers rather than a keeper in his thirties that has never played higher than fourth tier.

We've had this conversation at the end of the last three seasons and he is still here. Can't we put it to bed once for all. We will probably be having it again at the end of this coming season as well.
Posted by: arryarryarry, May 14, 2019, 11:52am; Reply: 10
Quoted from grimsby pete

End of rumour. ;D

My understanding is that he is looking at getting a more improved contract.
Posted by: 139847 (Guest), May 14, 2019, 12:14pm; Reply: 11
That would make sense, he was very upset when Dennis & welsh arrived on a higher wage
Posted by: thefish, May 14, 2019, 12:25pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from grimsby pete

End of rumour. ;D

I'd accept one quarter of that if it was to bolster the playing-squad budget and not to line Fenty's pockets!
Posted by: diehardmariner, May 14, 2019, 12:36pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from mimma
Macca is due a testimonial when his contract is up which means it would take a lot more money to prise him away. Bigger clubs will be looking at younger keepers rather than a keeper in his thirties that has never played higher than fourth tier.

We've had this conversation at the end of the last three seasons and he is still here. Can't we put it to bed once for all. We will probably be having it again at the end of this coming season as well.

Testimonial - 6,000 tickets (which is really generous considering Disley got about 2,000) at £15 a pop = £240,000.  Dunno if it's still tax exempt.

Moves to a League One side and easily trebles his wage (Guessing he's on about a grand a week here, so let's say he gets an extra £2k a week) on a three-year deal.  He's made approx £300,000 (before tax obviously) straight away.

Not sure the testimonial will be enough to keep him here.  
Posted by: Abdul19, May 14, 2019, 12:39pm; Reply: 14
A testimonial would surely only be worth 20 or 30k
Posted by: diehardmariner, May 14, 2019, 12:43pm; Reply: 15
I don't know what the breakdown is these days.  

Donkeys ago it used to be that everyone volunteered and the player got everything that came through the gate.  

I can't see them charging £15 nor 6,000 turning out for it either.  
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, May 14, 2019, 12:45pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from diehardmariner

Testimonial - 6,000 tickets (which is really generous considering Disley got about 2,000) at £15 a pop = £240,000.  Dunno if it's still tax exempt.

Moves to a League One side and easily trebles his wage (Guessing he's on about a grand a week here, so let's say he gets an extra £2k a week) on a three-year deal.  He's made approx £300,000 (before tax obviously) straight away.

Not sure the testimonial will be enough to keep him here.  

Your maths are flawed bud....6000 X £15 = £90000...and I'm led to believe Macca is on circa £1500 a week..but I have to say I'd be surprised to see him go but every player has a price...even MJ alluded to that in one of his pre-match interviews and, as it happens, was in regard to Macca...
Posted by: Grim74, May 14, 2019, 1:00pm; Reply: 17
To be fair to Macca he’s done his time at our little club, let’s face we’re going nowhere fast and I for one wouldn’t begrudge him a move to good sized club with a bit of ambition with a good pay packet for him. I for one wouldn’t boo him even if he came back with scunny without some of the saves he’s pulled off we’d still be in the conference. Good luck to Macca would be nice if he’s stays but hoping he gets what’s best for him and his family.
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, May 14, 2019, 1:11pm; Reply: 18
If someone comes in and offers a good amount of money, we take it.
Plenty of goalkeepers out there that can do a job at this level that won't cost to buy.

Doesn't show a lack of ambition by letting him go, because you could replace him with 3-4 good outfield players.

And Macca deserves his shot higher up, earning a good wage for his family, as long as he doesn't join a league 2 team, I would he delighted for the guy

Legend.
Posted by: rancido, May 14, 2019, 1:24pm; Reply: 19
I really don't know or understand where these figures come from ! What club would offer a 7 figure sum for a keeper in a team that finished 17th in FL2 ? There is no way on this Earth that Macca is worth even a 6 figure sum. I have said this before , he would struggle to get in a L1 side. Sure , his reactions and shot stopping capabilities are great but he is very weak in the air, his kicking is poor and his communication with his fellow defenders is almost non-existent.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, May 14, 2019, 1:35pm; Reply: 20
Disagree.

There's plenty of league 1 sides he'd get into. Rovrum being one. Many clubs will want an experienced keeper for the upcoming season and I wouldn't be surprised to see him playing regularly in the division above. Circa £500k (max) would be the market value imho
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, May 14, 2019, 1:44pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from rancido
I really don't know or understand where these figures come from ! What club would offer a 7 figure sum for a keeper in a team that finished 17th in FL2 ? There is no way on this Earth that Macca is worth even a 6 figure sum. I have said this before , he would struggle to get in a L1 side. Sure , his reactions and shot stopping capabilities are great but he is very weak in the air, his kicking is poor and his communication with his fellow defenders is almost non-existent.

Well, Rancido, let the red crosses come flying in but, I for one agree with you...
Have said all along he is the best shot stopper and the best in 1 on 1 situations in league 2 but what has and will always hold him back is his level, speed and quality of distribution..which in 7 years has never improved and is probably unlikely to.. certainly think he'd have a struggle in a higher league than where we currently are...be interested to see how he does perform should he leave to go up the pyramid tho...damn good servant to our club, but never forget he has once been prepared to turn his back on GTFC all because he had his nose shoved out if place by Bignott...
Posted by: GollyGTFC, May 14, 2019, 2:00pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from grimsby pete

End of rumour. ;D

Have a day off, the club would snap someones hand off for a tenth of that.
Posted by: TAGG, May 14, 2019, 3:10pm; Reply: 23
This fred has come early this time  :)
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, May 14, 2019, 3:14pm; Reply: 24
Macca has been a very good keeper and loyal to GTFC.  In return, the club  given him a decent wage.

I strongly agree with Rancido on his assessment of Macca.  His excellent shot stopping though does cover up his less-stronger areas.  Additionally, he does not command his area or have “presence”. His distribution is poor and he is vulnerable against  free kicks. (Dean Henderson is in a higher class.  However, he was a very good example of how to command and dominate his area).

I still like Macca and want to keep him.  You know exactly what you are getting. His faults would reduce any very high transfer value that has been mentioned here.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, May 14, 2019, 3:27pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

Well, Rancido, let the red crosses come flying in but, I for one agree with you...
Have said all along he is the best shot stopper and the best in 1 on 1 situations in league 2 but what has and will always hold him back is his level, speed and quality of distribution..which in 7 years has never improved and is probably unlikely to.. certainly think he'd have a struggle in a higher league than where we currently are...be interested to see how he does perform should he leave to go up the pyramid tho...damn good servant to our club, but never forget he has once been prepared to turn his back on GTFC all because he had his nose shoved out if place by Bignott...

I agree - he's a good League 2 keeper, possibly good enough for some League 1 sides but his indecision on crosses and poor distribution definitely limit his level.
Posted by: monkeyboy, May 14, 2019, 4:03pm; Reply: 26
Easily good for L1 all day long.

Put him in a good team and think how many extra points his saves make a year? could turn a playoff team into an auto promo team with those extra points earnt.

Lets face it how many extra points has he gained us this year through class saves , im betting a good 10
Posted by: grimsby pete, May 14, 2019, 4:11pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from GollyGTFC

Have a day off, the club would snap someones hand off for a tenth of that.

Do keep up Golly, it was Jolley that said everybody has a price and even Macca could go for £2 million,

We all know he is not worth that but that's the starting point.

Myself I do not care whether he stays or goes great shot stopper but poor in other area's.
Posted by: Hagrid, May 14, 2019, 5:27pm; Reply: 28
Quoted from grimsby pete

Do keep up Golly, it was Jolley that said everybody has a price and even Macca could go for £2 million,

Myself I do not care whether he stays or goes great shot stopper but poor in other area's.

Get a grip Pete, he’s a league 2 keeper what do you expect. And he can do a whole letter better than our club. We’d be non league if it wasnt for him.
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, May 14, 2019, 5:31pm; Reply: 29
If he was going to play higher than L2 I reckon someone would’ve bought him by now.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, May 14, 2019, 5:35pm; Reply: 30
Quoted from grimsby pete

I think “poor” is a bit harsh I think he’s improved a lot in his general game. If he was good at everything he’d have left ages ago.

Big loss on and off the field “if” he left but With regard to a fee well we all know what it would be........ undisclosed!!
Posted by: supertown, May 14, 2019, 5:42pm; Reply: 31
Cant see him going even if they came calling , what is the gain for him ? Scunny are in serious demise and in the same division as us .
Posted by: jonnyboy82, May 14, 2019, 5:52pm; Reply: 32
We are a league 2 club and anything around 500k sounds about right if anything materialised.

These people mentioning figures of million plus need to get a reality check, he's a  league 2 keeper.
Posted by: Abdul19, May 14, 2019, 5:54pm; Reply: 33
I'd be surprised if anyone paid even half a million for a 4th tier keeper who'll be 30 when next season starts.
Posted by: chaos33, May 14, 2019, 6:01pm; Reply: 34
Fair enough, but let me get this straight - Rancido says we won’t get 100K for him even though he’s under contract. If someone comes in for him, and he wants to leave, if there isn’t someone at the club who can negotiate a six figure sum we are in a sad state.
Posted by: grimsby pete, May 14, 2019, 6:08pm; Reply: 35
All this talk about how good he is and what he is worth does not mean a thing,

He will be staying unless some club offers more than he is worth which will enable us to get a replacement and have a bit of spare cash as well.

Some clubs like Scunny   might come in for him but will not pay the asking price ( whatever that might be )
Posted by: Poojah, May 14, 2019, 6:15pm; Reply: 36
Genuine question, when was the last time anyone paid a fee for a 29 (almost 30) year old League Two goalkeeper?
Posted by: grimsby pete, May 14, 2019, 6:32pm; Reply: 37
Quoted from Poojah
Genuine question, when was the last time anyone paid a fee for a 29 (almost 30) year old League Two goalkeeper?

No idea but the last time Town received a fee for a keeper was for  Charlie  Wright  I think.
Posted by: 140067 (Guest), May 14, 2019, 6:52pm; Reply: 38
Quoted from grimsby pete

No idea but the last time Town received a fee for a keeper was for  Charlie  Wright  I think.

Ian Turner to Southampton?
Posted by: Abdul19, May 14, 2019, 6:58pm; Reply: 39
Rhys Wilmot to Palace?
Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 14, 2019, 7:18pm; Reply: 40
Quoted from Abdul19
Rhys Wilmot to Palace?

I think we got £85,000 for him. Slightly more than we paid. I'm sure it was on the basis of one really god game he had. Against them at Selhurst.
Posted by: golfer, May 14, 2019, 7:49pm; Reply: 41
Quoted from Malta_Mariner_90
To be honest if a club (Scunny maybe now with Hurst?) is willing to offer a daft amount for Macca then should we sell up? Would free up a considerable amount of the wage budget if some are to be believed on here.

You will not find a finer shot stopper at this level. But to me there are better all round keepers around, even lower down (AFC Fylde's keeper Lynch looks quality whenever I see him for example). Even the Eastleigh keeper impressed in the playoffs (Reading youngster I believe?).

It's all right having a" better all round keeper"when he's picking the ball out of the net. If we hadn't had Macca last year we would have been relegated.-plenty of his saves were out of this world. He obviously made a few errors like every keeper but he sure made up for them.
Posted by: rancido, May 14, 2019, 7:53pm; Reply: 42
Quoted from chaos33
Fair enough, but let me get this straight -[b] Rancido says we won’t get 100K for him even though he’s under contract. If[/b] someone comes in for him, and he wants to leave, if there isn’t someone at the club who can negotiate a six figure sum we are in a sad state.

I said he wasn't worth a six figure sum but that doesn't necessarily mean some club wouldn't pay that if they really wanted him. IMO he is ok for this league but when we get promoted next season (  ;) ) then we will need better in League 1 if we are to remain there.
Posted by: Abdul19, May 14, 2019, 7:54pm; Reply: 43
Quoted from KingstonMariner

I think we got £85,000 for him. Slightly more than we paid. I'm sure it was on the basis of one really god game he had. Against them at Selhurst.

Yes, that sounds familiar. Amazing bit of business really!
Posted by: chaos33, May 14, 2019, 8:03pm; Reply: 44
Quoted from rancido

I said he wasn't worth a six figure sum but that doesn't necessarily mean some club wouldn't pay that if they really wanted him. IMO he is ok for this league but when we get promoted next season (  ;) ) then we will need better in League 1 if we are to remain there.

That’s worse! He isn’t worth 100K?!?
I accept that you think that clubs wouldn’t be prepared to pay 100k, but he’s not worth that, in pure terms?
Blimey.

He’s a really good keeper. There isn’t one keeper at any level who’s great at everything, and if you’re looking championship downwards then they’re all flawed.
Under contract and highly valued we name our price.
Call that what you want but if it was me I’d be saying I wanted a min of 250k to release him.
Posted by: rancido, May 14, 2019, 8:16pm; Reply: 45
Quoted from chaos33

That’s worse! He isn’t worth 100K?!?
I accept that you think that clubs wouldn’t be prepared to pay 100k, but he’s not worth that, in pure terms?
Blimey.

He’s a really good keeper. There isn’t one keeper at any level who’s great at everything, and if you’re looking championship downwards then they’re all flawed.
Under contract and highly valued we name our price.
Call that what you want but if it was me I’d be saying I wanted a min of 250k to release him.

Well I think back to when Bignot dropped Macca and he spit his dummy out and put in a transfer request. To the best of my knowledge nobody came in for him and you would have thought that if he was that good then somebody would have. Then when his contract came up for renewal a year ago surely his agent would have got a better deal lined up for him if he was held in such high esteem in League 1 /2 ? Sure, if the chance arose and some team wanted him then ask as much as we can but answer me this - if we needed a keeper at GTFC would you , if it was your decision, pay £250k for him?
Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 14, 2019, 8:19pm; Reply: 46
Quoted from rancido

Well I think back to when Bignot dropped Macca and he spit his dummy out and put in a transfer request. To the best of my knowledge nobody came in for him and you would have thought that if he was that good then somebody would have. Then when his contract came up for renewal a year ago surely his agent would have got a better deal lined up for him if he was held in such high esteem in League 1 /2 ? Sure, if the chance arose and some team wanted him then ask as much as we can but answer me this - if we needed a keeper at GTFC would you , if it was your decision, pay £250k for him?

He did have one. In Scotland (Motherwell?). Reputedly for more money than he's on now.
Posted by: rancido, May 14, 2019, 8:30pm; Reply: 47
Quoted from KingstonMariner

He did have one. In Scotland (Motherwell?). Reputedly for more money than he's on now.

Was that confirmed or just one of those Fishy rumours? Were there any English clubs mentioned?
Posted by: moosey_club, May 14, 2019, 8:31pm; Reply: 48
Owes us nothing n reality....if he goes good luck to him...But as he is under contract then i am sure the club will be able to command a fee for him .
Personally i dont think Hurst would come calling...he had Henderson at Shrewsbury so could now demand more from a keeper having had his eyes opened.  

If he goes hopefully we can source a more adventurous keeper who will leave his line and command the area better than he did ...if he does go then what a performance to go out on...he was superb against Crewe.

UTM
Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 14, 2019, 8:37pm; Reply: 49
Quoted from rancido

Was that confirmed or just one of those Fishy rumours? Were there any English clubs mentioned?

It wasn't just one of those Fishy rumours. It seemed pretty nailed on at the time and it was touch and go. There was an interview with Macca (I think on one of those fan podcasts) where he talked about the decision making process. I don't know about English clubs but Scottish poonds are worth just as much as your Landern paarns.
Posted by: diehardmariner, May 14, 2019, 8:41pm; Reply: 50

Your maths are flawed bud....6000 X £15 = £90000...and I'm led to believe Macca is on circa £1500 a week..but I have to say I'd be surprised to see him go but every player has a price...even MJ alluded to that in one of his pre-match interviews and, as it happens, was in regard to Macca...

Flawed? Bloody miles out more like! :D

I must have taken into account the sales of the gold plated matchday programmes...
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, May 14, 2019, 8:58pm; Reply: 51
Quoted from diehardmariner

Flawed? Bloody miles out more like! :D

I must have taken into account the sales of the gold plated matchday programmes...

I was trying to be polite..😂😂..
Posted by: Kris2, May 14, 2019, 9:13pm; Reply: 52
Probably going to join Hurst at Scunthorpe for six figure sum much less than the fans value him. Nearly went to Shrews for that sort of figure but wasn't completed in time for the deadline. The only reason he didn't go to Scotland is because his wife doesn't want to move and he didn't want his kids to have to move schools and all that.

None of that would need to happen for him to move to Scunny and rejoin his good friend Hurst.
Posted by: golfer, May 15, 2019, 7:39am; Reply: 53
Quoted from rancido

Sure, if the chance arose and some team wanted him then ask as much as we can but answer me this - if we needed a keeper at GTFC would you , if it was your decision, pay £250k for him?

We wouldn't but some club might. We wouldn't have paid £650K for Bogle but some club did.
Posted by: Rik e B, May 15, 2019, 8:28am; Reply: 54
Different clubs have different finances of course
Posted by: grimsby pete, May 15, 2019, 10:45am; Reply: 55
Quoted from HertsGTFC

I think “poor” is a bit harsh I think he’s improved a lot in his general game. If he was good at everything he’d have left ages ago.

Big loss on and off the field “if” he left but With regard to a fee well we all know what it would be........ undisclosed!!

Agree maybe poor in coming out and claiming crosses but he does have other parts of his game which are good.

We do not need to sell so any club will have to pay over the odds to get him.
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, May 15, 2019, 10:51am; Reply: 56
Quoted from grimsby pete

Agree maybe poor in coming out and claiming crosses but he does have other parts of his game which are good.

We do not need to sell so any club will have to pay over the odds to get him.

That's because we give them away or let them walk away...
Posted by: Bristol Mariner, May 15, 2019, 4:42pm; Reply: 57
If he goes for £200k that’s Fenty’s repayment for next season, can he then copulate off until the 2020/2021 season as nothing else will change!
Posted by: rancido, May 15, 2019, 5:53pm; Reply: 58
Quoted from Bristol Mariner
If he goes for £200k that’s Fenty’s repayment for next season, can he then copulate off until the 2020/2021 season as nothing else will change!

FFS even a thread about Macca has an anti Fenty reference to it!!!!
Posted by: Bristol Mariner, May 15, 2019, 6:42pm; Reply: 59
Quoted from rancido

And?
Posted by: rancido, May 15, 2019, 7:14pm; Reply: 60

And?

And why drag JF into a debate about Macca? It's almost as if some posters look for ways to include JF into any thread just to have a go at him. It would be nice just to have a thread about a player or other GTFC topics without some snide reference to JF.
Posted by: golfer, May 15, 2019, 7:49pm; Reply: 61
Quoted from rancido

I am not a doctor but I think it is an illness
Posted by: rancido, May 15, 2019, 8:04pm; Reply: 62
Quoted from golfer

I am not a doctor but I think it is an illness

I think it's called OCD or in this case Fenty Fixation.
Posted by: Stadium, May 15, 2019, 8:49pm; Reply: 63

Shoehorned in the anti Fenty angle.
Couldn't make it up....
Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 15, 2019, 10:38pm; Reply: 64
Seems a reasonable extension of the debate to me. If a player is sold, how would the money be used.
Posted by: chipsandgravy, May 16, 2019, 5:51pm; Reply: 65
According to Forest Green forum its them and Scunny interested in Macca!
Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 16, 2019, 7:08pm; Reply: 66
Quoted from chipsandgravy
According to Forest Green forum its them and Scunny interested in Macca!

Would rather he went to Scunny than the other lot. More likely too given he didn't want to move to Scotland because the family was settled in the area.
Posted by: Ipswin, May 16, 2019, 7:31pm; Reply: 67
We surely won't let him go to clubs that might be our promotion (or relegation rivals)
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, May 16, 2019, 7:37pm; Reply: 68
Quoted from Ipswin
We surely won't let him go to clubs that might be our promotion (or relegation rivals)

Unfortunately swin, money talks and both clubs currently linked with Macca have sugar daddies who will bank roll them and if he was to go anywhere, certainly in league 2, Scunny has to be favourite as it means he doesn't have to move, can keep the kids in their school and doesn't cause too much turmoil in his life..
Posted by: Ipswin, May 16, 2019, 7:47pm; Reply: 69

Unfortunately swin, money talks and both clubs currently linked with Macca have sugar daddies who will bank roll them and if he was to go anywhere, certainly in league 2, Scunny has to be favourite as it means he doesn't have to move, can keep the kids in their school and doesn't cause too much turmoil in his life..

Can just see Macca coming on against us just before the penalty shoot out at Wembley in the playoff final next May just like Steve Mildenhall did for Bristol

Mildenhall was another good keeper who should not have been allowed to leave BPO
Posted by: Cod Cheeks, May 16, 2019, 8:04pm; Reply: 70
Most important position on the pitch. Without Macca this season, I'm sure we'd have been down
Posted by: lukeo, May 17, 2019, 7:49am; Reply: 71
Nice to see Mrs Macca on a henn do all kitted out in full town kits  :)
Posted by: 123614 (Guest), May 17, 2019, 9:03am; Reply: 72
Could Admin please explain why my post on this thread was removed?  Thank you.
Posted by: Davec, May 19, 2019, 6:19am; Reply: 73
Quoted from 123614
Could Admin please explain why my post on this thread was removed?  Thank you.

What did you post
Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 19, 2019, 11:17am; Reply: 74
Quoted from Davec

What did you post

He doesn't know because it was removed.
Posted by: 123614 (Guest), May 19, 2019, 11:34am; Reply: 75
Quoted from Davec

What did you post

It was a reference to Macca's loyalty, or lack of, due to the time he put in a transfer request when dropped for Dean Henderson.

Posted by: Kris2, May 19, 2019, 7:23pm; Reply: 76
Quoted from 123614

It was a reference to Macca's loyalty, or lack of, due to the time he put in a transfer request when dropped for Dean Henderson.

Well there was the matter of Hurst being interested in bringing him to Shrews and the fact Bignot and Macca didn't get along.
Posted by: davmariner, May 19, 2019, 8:48pm; Reply: 77
Some people seem to be forgetting (or unaware of) how much of a tw@t Bignot is, and how much that will have played a part in McKeown wanting to leave.
Posted by: The Boys Paddock, May 19, 2019, 9:11pm; Reply: 78
Quoted from davmariner
Some people seem to be forgetting (or unaware of) how much of a tw@t Bignot is, and how much that will have played a part in McKeown wanting to leave.

not really. he lost his place, and spat his dummy out
Print page generated: April 18, 2024, 3:51am