Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, May 3, 2019, 7:15pm
Well I have to say, actually quite entertaining if I do say so...
Posted by: golfer, May 3, 2019, 7:52pm; Reply: 1
what is it ?
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, May 3, 2019, 8:12pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from golfer
what is it ?

It's part of the official GTFC YouTube channel.
Posted by: promotion plaice, May 3, 2019, 8:32pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from golfer
what is it ?

https://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/2019/may/gttv---episode-one/
Posted by: Hagrid, May 3, 2019, 8:54pm; Reply: 4
Cardwell fastest player!?
Posted by: promotion plaice, May 3, 2019, 9:03pm; Reply: 5

Max Wright future management material and he won the inflatable dartboard challenge....looks like he is a confident lad.
Posted by: moosey_club, May 3, 2019, 9:34pm; Reply: 6
Oh a bit disappointed.....thought it was going to be re-runs of  the old Tim Harvey series.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 3, 2019, 10:18pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from promotion plaice

Max Wright future management material and he won the inflatable dartboard challenge.....

Surely that'd be the shortest game ever?
Posted by: LH, May 3, 2019, 10:21pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Surely that'd be the shortest game ever?

Not if their arrers are anything like their football skills.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, May 3, 2019, 10:49pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from promotion plaice

Max Wright future management material and he won the inflatable dartboard challenge....looks like he is a confident lad.

He's a spot on lad
Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 3, 2019, 11:18pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from LH

Not if their arrers are anything like their football skills.

I've got visions of my dad's mate in the Spiders who allegedly hit the barmaid when aiming for the board in the side bar.
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, May 3, 2019, 11:22pm; Reply: 11
Quite enjoyed seeing some of the banter between the players - a good sign that they have bonds other than just the shirts they wear out on the pitch

It brought it home to me how young they actually are too... seeing them at close quarters rather than at a distance on the field made me appreciate that they’ve probably still got lots to learn in the years to come, but those years will give them experience that they can draw on for future challenges

All in all I’d say the programme was a worthwhile exercise

Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 3, 2019, 11:49pm; Reply: 12
Who would you nominate next for the lie detector test?  ;)
Posted by: promotion plaice, May 4, 2019, 12:45am; Reply: 13
Who would you nominate next for the lie detector test?  ;)

Mr Fenty over the benign loan.

Posted by: Alfie, May 4, 2019, 8:26am; Reply: 14
Not my cup of tea but guess that’s what kids are into these days. Made me feel a bit old  :-/
Posted by: Posh Harry, May 4, 2019, 8:44pm; Reply: 15
I enjoyed it. The links weren’t great, especially as the volume was different, but good to hear from the players and nice to see them having a bit of a laugh together.

Not sure the swedes are a laugh a minute type though!!

UTFM
Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 4, 2019, 9:53pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from Posh Harry
I enjoyed it. The links weren’t great, especially as the volume was different, but good to hear from the players and nice to see them having a bit of a laugh together.

UTFM

There isn't a stereotype of the 'dour Swede' for nothing.

August Strindberg, Ingmar Bergman, Henning Mankell, Stig Larsson. None of them exactly known for their gags either  ;)
Posted by: Bristol Mariner, May 4, 2019, 9:56pm; Reply: 17
Decent effort. Well done
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, May 4, 2019, 10:48pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from Posh Harry

UTFM

Hmmmm

Maybe they have a very subtle sense of humour after all.... they both mentioned the other being good chefs!  ;)

https://youtu.be/sY_Yf4zz-yo
Posted by: Vance Warner, May 4, 2019, 10:52pm; Reply: 19

I've got visions of my dad's mate in the Spiders who allegedly hit the barmaid when aiming for the board in the side bar.

The pub where the modern dart board was invented. Or did I dream that?
Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 4, 2019, 11:01pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from Vance Warner

The pub where the modern dart board was invented. Or did I dream that?

Thanks for reminding me.

I don't know if it's true but I've certainly heard it before. My earliest memory of the pub is it having a spiders web with a giant spider as the sign, but last time I remember seeing the sign, it was a dartboard. I think the 'spiders web' actually refers to the pattern made by the wires on the board, and not a literal spider's web.

If it's true the modern dartboard must be pretty recent because the building doesn't look that old. Unless it's on the site of a much older pub.

It's probably covered on Rod Collins' site. Must have a look.
Posted by: itsnotcoditshaddock, May 5, 2019, 2:56pm; Reply: 21
Decent content but the sound is shocking, didn't anyone watch it prior to release to check?
Posted by: moosey_club, May 5, 2019, 9:59pm; Reply: 22
interesting that Jake Hessantahler picked Alan Pouton as someone he would "pay to watch" for Grimsby.  Said he knows him...presume Pouton must have played with or for his dad when he went to Gillingham.

Maybe he could spend some time over the summer with him and perfect the step over  ;D
Posted by: fishboyUTM, May 5, 2019, 10:13pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from Posh Harry

UTFM

A mate of mine is Swedish, she once told me how she couldn't understand our 'banter'. She thought we were all horrible illegitimates and it took her years to understand it. She dishes it out with the best of them now.
Print page generated: April 27, 2024, 8:56am