Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: moosey_club, May 2, 2019, 6:18pm
Has anyone been considering the potential of GTFC friendly councillors before voting with a view to getting the new ground moving ?

Posted by: Les Brechin, May 2, 2019, 6:47pm; Reply: 1
Voting.

What's that?
Posted by: promotion plaice, May 2, 2019, 7:53pm; Reply: 2

Voting...what's the point and yet I still voted today...fool me.
Posted by: denni266, May 2, 2019, 8:21pm; Reply: 3
Have not bothered they say one thing and do another.
Posted by: denni266, May 2, 2019, 8:21pm; Reply: 4
Have not bothered they say one thing and do another.
Posted by: fishyfanny, May 2, 2019, 9:31pm; Reply: 5
Not one of the parties bothered to even put a leaflet through my letter box, so I'm afraid I can't be arsed either.
I live in Waltham if there are any politicians looking in on this thread. Feel free to offer your apologies.
Posted by: promotion plaice, May 2, 2019, 10:06pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from fishyfanny
Not one of the parties bothered to even put a leaflet through my letter box, so I'm afraid I can't be arsed either.
I live in Waltham if there are any politicians looking in on this thread. Feel free to offer your apologies.

They're probably embarrassed to do it to be fair.

Posted by: Meza, May 2, 2019, 10:15pm; Reply: 7
Brexit party for me I'm no longer voting for Labour or Conservative.
Posted by: promotion plaice, May 2, 2019, 10:16pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from Meza
Brexit party for me I'm no longer voting for Labour or Conservative.

Same here.

I wondered how long it would take this thread to get on to the Brexit debate   :)

Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 2, 2019, 10:25pm; Reply: 9
What I don't get about the Brexit Party is, if that's what they really want, why would they dilute the pro-Brexit vote by taing votes off UKIP?

Something tells me it's more about Farage's ego.
Posted by: Rik e B, May 2, 2019, 10:28pm; Reply: 10
Brexit party in protest 👊

You could say why would Change take from Lib Dems but hey ho
Posted by: Meza, May 2, 2019, 10:33pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from promotion plaice

Same here.

I wondered how long it would take this thread to get on to the Brexit debate   :)

Haha sorry mate I know politics can usually cause arguments it always did when I lived at my parents and I came back from the pub (after darts match) with the old man and question time was on lol.
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, May 3, 2019, 7:59am; Reply: 12
The tories have taken power not because their any good more cos of labour being a total shambles. Theirs no appetite for the new ground in truth , and more importantly theirs no money to fund it  
Posted by: MuddyWaters, May 3, 2019, 9:47am; Reply: 13
Recognise anyone?

https://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/news/grimsby-news/conservatives-win-north-east-lincolnshire-2827069
Posted by: Les Brechin, May 3, 2019, 9:54am; Reply: 14
Yeah, Councillor J S Fenty was looking rather pleased for himself on the local BBC news this morning.
Posted by: Hagrid, May 3, 2019, 9:59am; Reply: 15
All to do with the pissing toll bar roundabout
Posted by: MuddyWaters, May 3, 2019, 10:15am; Reply: 16
Quoted from Hagrid
All to do with the pissing toll bar roundabout

To be fair, a roundabout that pisses is a bit of a novelty  8)
Posted by: Mariner Ronnie, May 3, 2019, 10:37am; Reply: 17
No brexit party in my constituency of scartho but will definitely back brexit party in the European elections.
Posted by: Maringer, May 3, 2019, 10:37am; Reply: 18
Meh. Doesn't really matter who's in charge with the authority finances utterly crippled by central government with more (well, less) to come.

The only difference is that the Tories will make the cuts with glee as opposed to grimacing at having to do them.

Would the last person in town please switch off the light?
Posted by: Ipswin, May 3, 2019, 10:41am; Reply: 19
Did that de Frietas bloke lose his seat?
Posted by: Fishbone, May 3, 2019, 10:44am; Reply: 20
Brexit party didn't stand in these elections. It will do so in the elections later this month, to campaign for something that is already happening, albeit in a slow and bungled way, which old  Nigel Fromage should have realised was a legislative possibility.
Posted by: 1mickylyons, May 3, 2019, 11:14am; Reply: 21
Quoted from Ipswin
Did that de Frietas bloke lose his seat?

Think he (Philip) stepped down due to ill and a David De Freitas (assume it`s his son or brother ?) replaced him and lost the seat for the Lib Dems.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 3, 2019, 1:03pm; Reply: 22
So what's the story? I can't believe more people actually voted for the Tories in the present circumstances. Did a lot of Labour voters defect to UKIP? Or just not vote?
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, May 3, 2019, 1:26pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Have to say when I was surprised to hear the news on Look Northbank this morning

First time ever that the Cons have taken the N E Lincs council.... I don't live locally any more so maybe there was more to the result than meets the eye?

I wonder if everyone carried "Honest John" aloft to celebrate the Selfservatives' stay of execution before they get relegated to non league?  ;D      
Posted by: Mariner Ronnie, May 3, 2019, 2:48pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from KingstonMariner
So what's the story? I can't believe more people actually voted for the Tories in the present circumstances. Did a lot of Labour voters defect to UKIP? Or just not vote?

Because our council are excrement.
Posted by: toontown, May 3, 2019, 4:23pm; Reply: 25
On radio humberside the tory said it was definitely down to anger about the tollbar roundabout which would be my belief as well.
Posted by: Mariner Ronnie, May 3, 2019, 4:45pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from toontown
On radio humberside the tory said it was definitely down to anger about the tollbar roundabout which would be my belief as well.

A 9500 signature petition brushed off by 3 labour MPs
Posted by: gytone, May 3, 2019, 5:10pm; Reply: 27
Typical politicians not listening to the electorate, they can only expect a good kicking, just wait until the European Elections, the kicking will be even bigger,  unless as i suspect some kind of deal will be fudged together.
Posted by: mimma, May 3, 2019, 5:24pm; Reply: 28
The one thing of note the Tories have said is that they want to regenerate Freeman Street and mention a community stadium on the site.
Posted by: Stadium, May 3, 2019, 5:42pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from gytone
Typical politicians not listening to the electorate, they can only expect a good kicking, just wait until the European Elections, the kicking will be even bigger,  unless as i suspect some kind of deal will be fudged together.

Nicely summed up by Ford in the GT.

https://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/news/grimsby-news/labour-arrogant-nelc-voters-opinion-2829846
[/right][right]

As for the stadium,it will be usual soundbites but the Tories wont actually stump up any money whatsoever.

Posted by: Stadium, May 3, 2019, 5:46pm; Reply: 30
Quoted from mimma
The one thing of note the Tories have said is that they want to regenerate Freeman Street and mention a community stadium on the site.

Q. What do you make of the plans for Freeman Street and creating a stadium for Grimsby Town there?
“I think there is general support across the council for using the community stadium as a potential regeneration prospect. If we could do it in Freeman Street that would be ideal but we will have to look at the logistics and where the money comes from.”
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, May 3, 2019, 5:49pm; Reply: 31
Quoted from Mariner Ronnie

A 9500 signature petition brushed off by 3 labour MPs

Do you mean councillors?
Posted by: Mariner Ronnie, May 3, 2019, 6:39pm; Reply: 32
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

Do you mean councillors?

Yes 😳
Posted by: Les Brechin, May 3, 2019, 6:49pm; Reply: 33
Anyone know what the percentage turnout was?

Pretty low I would think with the apathy around at the minute.
Posted by: golfer, May 3, 2019, 6:56pm; Reply: 34
27%
Posted by: golfer, May 3, 2019, 7:01pm; Reply: 35
Seeing De Freitas didn't retain his seat it has been put forward that the new stadium will be situated on Peoples Park-likely to fail owing to the amount of dog shite.
Posted by: paramariner, May 3, 2019, 7:59pm; Reply: 36
Andrew is the anti stadium councillor, not Phillip!
Posted by: Stadium, May 3, 2019, 8:43pm; Reply: 37
Quoted from paramariner
Andrew is the anti stadium councillor, not Phillip!

Don't think so, Phillip DF was very anti stadium when he was on my doorstep.
For a very short time I might add.
Posted by: mimma, May 3, 2019, 11:55pm; Reply: 38
Quoted from Stadium

Q. What do you make of the plans for Freeman Street and creating a stadium for Grimsby Town there?
“I think there is general support across the council for using the community stadium as a potential regeneration prospect. If we could do it in Freeman Street that would be ideal but we will have to look at the logistics and where the money comes from.”

What plans?

All we've had so far are soundbites about the possibility of a stadium down Freemo. Nothing amounting to a proposal of anything has been put forward. It's all in the air and everyone is waiting to see what falls to earth.
Posted by: The Boys Paddock, May 4, 2019, 2:43am; Reply: 39
marvellous to see those shithouses turfed out

The Labour Party have done intercourse all for Grimsby for decade after decade..

great to see those shits beaten
Posted by: Croxton, May 4, 2019, 8:18am; Reply: 40
Quoted from The Boys Paddock

The Labour Party have done intercourse all for Grimsby for decade after decade..

Objection:- Repetition.

Choose from......Ordure, Manure,  Faeces,  Merde,  Droppings,  Nightsoil, Sewage, Excreta..........
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, May 4, 2019, 10:00am; Reply: 41
Quoted from The Boys Paddock

Agree ... but if you think the tories will do any better 😂 much of a muchness
Posted by: Stadium, May 4, 2019, 10:04am; Reply: 42
Quoted from mimma

What plans?

All we've had so far are soundbites about the possibility of a stadium down Freemo. Nothing amounting to a proposal of anything has been put forward. It's all in the air and everyone is waiting to see what falls to earth.

Exactly, more of the usual guff.
Posted by: Vance Warner, May 4, 2019, 10:55am; Reply: 43
Quoted from toontown

Understandable but doesn't explain why people chose to vote Tory though. Strange considering the mess they've made of absolutely everything and out of step with the way the rest of the country voted. Not sure how turnout compares to previous local elections but maybe traditional Labour voters stayed away and traditional Tory voters didn't. Easy to forget that there's some relatively affluent parts of N.E Lincs as well I suppose.
Posted by: toontown, May 4, 2019, 12:42pm; Reply: 44
Quoted from Vance Warner

Understandable but doesn't explain why people chose to vote Tory though.

Because the tories opposed the labour imposed change to traffic lights and said they would try to reverse it - only option if thats what you wanted was conservative.
Posted by: Stadium, May 4, 2019, 1:01pm; Reply: 45
Quoted from toontown

Because the tories opposed the labour imposed change to traffic lights and said they would try to reverse it - only option if thats what you wanted was conservative.

So are we saying the change was solely down to the implementation of traffic lights?
Still with a pathetic turnout of 27% which says it all.
Print page generated: April 27, 2024, 11:02pm