Posted by: Hagrid, May 1, 2019, 7:31pm
Harrogate 2-0 down 25 mins in against Fylde
Posted by: arryarryarry, May 1, 2019, 7:42pm; Reply: 1
Quoted from Hagrid
Harrogate 2-0 down 25 mins in against Fylde

Dave Challinor's AFC Fylde.

Remember him? :X
Posted by: promotion plaice, May 1, 2019, 9:10pm; Reply: 2

Looking at all the teams in the National League play-offs this year I hope Wrexham finally make it back into League 2.

Solihull Moors
Salford City
Wrexham
Fylde
Harrogate Town (eliminated)
Eastleigh FC

Posted by: HertsGTFC, May 1, 2019, 9:28pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from promotion plaice

Looking at all the teams in the National League play-offs this year I hope Wrexham finally make it back into League 2.

Solihull Moors
Salford City
Wrexham
Fylde
Eastleigh FC

Let’s just hope the team that joins Leyton Orient has less money than us as they’ll definitely have more momentum............ 2 good clubs come up = 2 places lower on the ladder for Town I’m afraid
Posted by: Myoclonic Jerk, May 1, 2019, 9:30pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from arryarryarry

Dave Challinor's AFC Fylde.

Remember him? :X

Worst 'tackle' I ever saw! A thug!
Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 1, 2019, 9:35pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Let’s just hope the team that joins Leyton Orient has less money than us as they’ll definitely have more momentum............ 2 good clubs come up = 2 places lower on the ladder for Town I’m afraid

So, here's hoping it's Solihull then  ;)
Posted by: promotion plaice, May 1, 2019, 9:44pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from HertsGTFC

It's not all about money.....location also helps (loans and all that) unfortunately.

Posted by: HertsGTFC, May 1, 2019, 10:04pm; Reply: 7

It's not all about money.....location also helps (loans and all that) unfortunately.

I doubt location has ever helped a Town Manager sign a player.
Posted by: promotion plaice, May 1, 2019, 10:05pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from HertsGTFC

That was my point Herts.....  Hence unfortunately   :)

Posted by: Posh Harry, May 2, 2019, 5:06am; Reply: 9
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Ben Davies. Although I suspect he is in a small group.
Posted by: Ashby mariner, May 2, 2019, 6:05am; Reply: 10
The playoff system seems strange now.. Am I correct in thinking that the Solihull and Salford only play one game in the semis?
Posted by: IlkleyMariner, May 2, 2019, 6:15am; Reply: 11
Yes it rewards teams who finish 2 or 3 with one home semi match. Better idea
Posted by: diehardmariner, May 2, 2019, 8:00am; Reply: 12
Quoted from Posh Harry

Probably wouldn't have picked up Conor Townsend, especially in his first spell when he was very young, had he not lived just over the bridge.

I think Michael Leary came here because he had family in Louth too...
Posted by: Maringer, May 2, 2019, 8:43am; Reply: 13
Devitt Mk. I also.

However, you've also got a Peter Beagrie to consider!  ??)
Posted by: 140381 (Guest), May 2, 2019, 10:46am; Reply: 14
Whittle?
Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 2, 2019, 10:48am; Reply: 15
So as long as we stay below Scunny, Hull and now Lincoln we should be able to attract talent 😄
Posted by: Bristol Mariner, May 2, 2019, 11:12am; Reply: 16

And money

Posted by: arryarryarry, May 2, 2019, 12:32pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from 140381
Whittle?

I haven't done for a while.
Posted by: monkeyboy, May 2, 2019, 3:45pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from Posh Harry

Woolford , seam mcallister - oops haha
Posted by: moosey_club, May 2, 2019, 6:14pm; Reply: 19

yes location and wider amenities....i know for a fact one of the reasons Welsh signed was the number of bus shelters in close proximity to drinking establishments in the town centre ... :o
Posted by: Civvy at last, May 2, 2019, 8:27pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from moosey_club

yes location and wider amenities....i know for a fact one of the reasons Welsh signed was the number of bus shelters in close proximity to drinking establishments in the town centre ... :o

Well clearly you knew who he was.  Which means you can stand at those bus stops in relative safety 😉
Posted by: arryarryarry, May 2, 2019, 9:02pm; Reply: 21
Wrexham v Eastleigh 0-0 going into extra time.
Posted by: GYinScuntland, May 2, 2019, 9:10pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from arryarryarry
Wrexham v Eastleigh 0-0 going into extra time.

Wrexham fcuked up my midweek accy.
Come on Eastleigh in extra time and make em suffer for it.
😬
Posted by: hampshiremariner, May 2, 2019, 9:16pm; Reply: 23
I want to see Wrexham back in the Football League. They have spent far too long in the Conference and North Wales needs to see Wrexham doing well.
Posted by: promotion plaice, May 2, 2019, 9:21pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from hampshiremariner
I want to see Wrexham back in the Football League. They have spent far too long in the Conference and North Wales needs to see Wrexham doing well.

Thought you would want Eastleigh....hampshire mariner   ;)

Eastleigh score
Posted by: arryarryarry, May 2, 2019, 9:21pm; Reply: 25
Eastleigh just scored a stunner right at the end of 1st half extra time.
Posted by: Connecticut Mariner, May 2, 2019, 9:37pm; Reply: 26
3 ex Mariners playing
Posted by: arryarryarry, May 2, 2019, 9:41pm; Reply: 27
Wrexham heading for a 12 consecutive season in the National League. Lost 0-1.

This means a brand new team will be joining the EFL.
Posted by: Poojah, May 2, 2019, 9:54pm; Reply: 28
Quoted from arryarryarry
Wrexham heading for a 12 consecutive season in the National League. Lost 0-1.

This means a brand new team will be joining the EFL.

11 years in the Conference. That’s some sentence to be still serving.

They took nearly 25,000 to that game at Wembley despite most of Wales and Western England being about 5ft deep in snow. Proper club, feel for them tonight.
Posted by: promotion plaice, May 2, 2019, 9:59pm; Reply: 29

Solihull Moors
Salford City
Wrexham
Fylde
Eastleigh FC

I want Fylde now....we should finish above them next season   (thumbup1)
Posted by: Poojah, May 2, 2019, 10:10pm; Reply: 30

I want Fylde now....we should finish above them next season   (thumbup1)

You know they’re virtually Fleetwood reincarnate, right? All the way down to their identikit ground.

If they come up they’ll have a bigger budget than us. As will Salford.
Posted by: Meza, May 2, 2019, 10:13pm; Reply: 31
I don't care who comes up or who has bigger budgets I just want town to do well.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 2, 2019, 10:15pm; Reply: 32
Out of all of them left I'd want either Solihull (don't have the big backers of the others) or Eastleigh because we seem to be their bogey side.
Posted by: ska face, May 2, 2019, 10:17pm; Reply: 33
Terrible news for Wrexham, awful stuff.

Now that’s out the way, let’s have Shaun Pearson signed please
Posted by: Eastendmariner, May 2, 2019, 10:25pm; Reply: 34
Good call Shaun back that would be a good signing  ;D  poor Wrexham proper club  
Posted by: Meza, May 2, 2019, 10:38pm; Reply: 35
It'll need to be a fee if you want Shaun back as he signed a new deal mid season.

Eastleigh for me if I had to pick lol.  
Posted by: hampshiremariner, May 2, 2019, 10:39pm; Reply: 36
Gutted for Wrexham. Despite living in Hampshire since 1974, Eastleigh are not my favourite club. They make a lot of noise, their ground is small and playing surface very heavy after wet weather. They have gone through a lot of managers recently, including Mad Dog. When we played them in the Conference play off semis a few years ago, they had a headline in the local rag, ‘ Bring on Grimsby’ and had the game won before we had even arrived at the ground.. The resounding victory in that play off was most pleasing!
Posted by: Bigdog, May 2, 2019, 10:59pm; Reply: 37
Quoted from Eastendmariner
Good call Shaun back that would be a good signing  ;D  poor Wrexham proper club  

Gonna be unpopular here. Too much sentimentality blurs the judgement. Great bloke, been a good all round servant to the club off the pitch and remembered for his best games on the pitch and not his worst. His character deserves those memories, but definitely no better than we've got already, not left footed to balance up the back line and wouldn't add any pace, so what would be the point? A backward or sideways step when we need to move forward..
Posted by: arryarryarry, May 2, 2019, 11:07pm; Reply: 38
Quoted from Bigdog

Gonna be unpopular here. Too much sentimentality blurs the judgement. Great bloke, been a good all round servant to the club off the pitch and remembered for his best games on the pitch and not his worst. His character deserves those memories, but definitely no better than we've got already, not left footed to balance up the back line and wouldn't add any pace, so what would be the point? A backward or sideways step when we need to move forward..

I believe he is Wrexham's leading scorer this season.

Play him up front? ;)
Posted by: ska face, May 3, 2019, 4:05am; Reply: 39
Quoted from Bigdog

Calm down, it’s just a joke ffs
Posted by: gytone, May 3, 2019, 6:58am; Reply: 40
I sort of agree about not bringing Shaun Pearson back, we should move on, but imo we should never have let him go in the first place and we've not had a better centre half since he left.
Posted by: Civvy at last, May 3, 2019, 8:23am; Reply: 41
Back on topic.
If Eastleigh go up, I believe they would be the first club to be promoted despite having a negative goal difference.  

Unless you statto’s out there know different 🤔
Posted by: Les Brechin, May 3, 2019, 10:05am; Reply: 42
Quoted from Civvy at last
Back on topic.
If Eastleigh go up, I believe they would be the first club to be promoted despite having a negative goal difference.  

Unless you statto’s out there know different 🤔

Didn't Huddersfield have a negative goal difference the year they were promoted to The Premier League?
Posted by: Son of Cod, May 3, 2019, 10:14am; Reply: 43
Quoted from Les Brechin

Didn't Huddersfield have a negative goal difference the year they were promoted to The Premier League?

Yep -2, worst in the top half of the table I think it was. I remember the Championship playoffs being incredibly dull that season.
Posted by: forza ivano, May 3, 2019, 10:18am; Reply: 44
i hope solihull do it. easy journey for all , proper non league and you'd have to hope that they'd struggle t compete!
Posted by: Mariner Ronnie, May 3, 2019, 10:35am; Reply: 45
Anyone but sal£ord for me.
Posted by: Maringer, May 3, 2019, 10:47am; Reply: 46
All the contenders are proper Non-League clubs who have been funded way, way above their correct level by a sugardaddy. See also FGR for a further example.

Rushden & Diamonds and Gretna show where clubs in this sort of situation often tend to end up.

I'd imagine that Salford City have more of a chance of keeping things going as the costs of running a smallish League club at a regular loss would be small change for the owners.
Posted by: diehardmariner, May 3, 2019, 10:53am; Reply: 47
Quoted from Bigdog

I would take Pearson over any of Davis, Whitmore and Collins.  Ohman is still an unknown, he's dominant in the air but a complete liability on the floor.  

Pearson looked absolute class when Bignot used him in the middle of a back three.  It was only when he tried to shoehorn Gavin bloody Gunning into the middle of the back 3 when Pearson was moved.  

He isn't coming back, sadly.  But he should never have been allowed to leave.  But hey, Nathan Clarke and Karleigh Osborne did ok didn't they? ??)
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, May 3, 2019, 1:12pm; Reply: 48
Quoted from diehardmariner

I would take Pearson over any of Davis, Whitmore and Collins.  Ohman is still an unknown, he's dominant in the air but a complete liability on the floor.  

Pearson looked absolute class when Bignot used him in the middle of a back three.  It was only when he tried to shoehorn Gavin bloody Gunning into the middle of the back 3 when Pearson was moved.  

He isn't coming back, sadly.  But he should never have been allowed to leave.  But hey, Nathan Clarke and Karleigh Osborne did ok didn't they? ??)

Looks like some folk disagree with that DHM  ;D
Posted by: diehardmariner, May 3, 2019, 4:44pm; Reply: 49
Oh, I've got the crosses turned off but I'm guessing it scored a few red ones.

Ah well... >:( >:(
Posted by: RichMariner, May 3, 2019, 5:19pm; Reply: 50
Quoted from Son of Cod

Yep -2, worst in the top half of the table I think it was. I remember the Championship playoffs being incredibly dull that season.

I think they didn't even score in the play-offs. They got through to the final thanks to an OG and then took the final to penalties after playing out a 0-0.
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, May 3, 2019, 5:54pm; Reply: 51
Quoted from diehardmariner
Oh, I've got the crosses turned off but I'm guessing it scored a few red ones.

Ah well... >:( >:(

Not as many as I have for my reply to you DHM  ;D

Better red than dead though eh??  ;)
Posted by: JoeTheMariner, May 3, 2019, 6:18pm; Reply: 52
Should be going to Salford v Eastleigh

Living in G.Manchester, I would kinda selfishly pick them over the other three just so I can see games, though I'm not a fan of them buying their way up the leagues
Posted by: moosey_club, May 3, 2019, 9:50pm; Reply: 53
Quoted from forza ivano
i hope solihull do it. easy journey for all , proper non league and you'd have to hope that they'd struggle t compete!

Went to Solihull when we played them in the cup....friendly bunch, nice little club house bar....much rather them than Eastleigh ( too far ) , Salford ( money ) or Fylde ( Challinor ) .
Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 3, 2019, 10:16pm; Reply: 54
Quoted from moosey_club

Went to Solihull when we played them in the cup....friendly bunch, nice little club house bar....much rather them than Eastleigh ( too far ) , Salford ( money ) or Fylde ( Challinor ) .

Solihull would be an almost ideal location for a gathering of the clans, slap bang in the middle of the country. It'll be like the old days when Town fans would descend on St.Andrews or the Hawthorns.

oh how far we've fallen.  ;D
Posted by: Welwynmariner, May 4, 2019, 12:16pm; Reply: 55
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Solihull would be an almost ideal location for a gathering of the clans, slap bang in the middle of the country. It'll be like the old days when Town fans would descend on St.Andrews or the Hawthorns.

I can see our playing at St Andrews in the not too distant future, possibly also at whatever the Reebok stadium is called now
Posted by: forza ivano, May 4, 2019, 12:42pm; Reply: 56
Fylde take an early lead at Solihull
Posted by: Ashby mariner, May 4, 2019, 1:13pm; Reply: 57
I would have yusseff back here.
Posted by: promotion plaice, May 4, 2019, 1:24pm; Reply: 58

Jamey Osborne's long throw-ins into the box are a real asset, we miss that.
Posted by: Garth, May 4, 2019, 2:03pm; Reply: 59
I'd have Shaun back in a heartbeat
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, May 4, 2019, 2:16pm; Reply: 60
All Solihull attacking in second-half but still losing 1-0. All hands to the pump for Fylde.

Osborne trying to create things. Some holding in the penalty area worthy of a Gowling Penalty.

Yussuf just subbed for Nathan Blissett; who played for Bristol Rovers against us at Wembley.  We got a mention on the commentary for this result.
Posted by: golfer, May 4, 2019, 6:21pm; Reply: 61
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Thought St. Andrews was for golf and Hawthorns for prix
Posted by: AdamHaddock, May 4, 2019, 8:21pm; Reply: 62
Don't talk about West brom fans like that
Posted by: jamesgtfc, May 4, 2019, 10:35pm; Reply: 63

Jamey Osborne's long throw-ins into the box are a real asset, we miss that.

Criminal to think that Slade knew nothing about his or Rose's huge throws!
Posted by: promotion plaice, May 5, 2019, 3:35pm; Reply: 64

Biggest game in both clubs history just started....hope Eastleigh win it

Salford City v Eastleigh  

15:30 BT Sport 2 / BT Sport 4K UHD
Posted by: Meza, May 5, 2019, 3:37pm; Reply: 65
Cmon Eastleigh
Posted by: hampshiremariner, May 5, 2019, 3:45pm; Reply: 66
Don't want Eastleigh, don't want Fylde and don't want Salford. So, in a spot. So looking at it from the standpoint of who we can take six points off next year I very reluctantly say Eastleigh. If they get to the final and win, it will be absolutely unbearable down here. Eastleigh brag an awful lot. But I suppose I will have an easy trip to see Town-I am about 15 minutes from Eastleigh's ground.
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, May 5, 2019, 4:07pm; Reply: 67
Quoted from Garth
I'd have Shaun back in a heartbeat

Sorry but would just be going back to the Collins situation ,we need better
Posted by: AdamHaddock, May 5, 2019, 4:17pm; Reply: 68
Salford 1-0 up, nearly half time.

It would be a cracking local game for me to replace Bury
Posted by: promotion plaice, May 5, 2019, 4:18pm; Reply: 69

Eastleigh just hit the bar.
Posted by: Grimsby2012, May 5, 2019, 5:52pm; Reply: 70
Really impressed by Whitehead.  He reminds me of Embleton
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, May 5, 2019, 6:05pm; Reply: 71
1-1 AET so pens to decide who gets to the final

Someone is going to be disappointed
Posted by: arryarryarry, May 5, 2019, 6:05pm; Reply: 72
Going to penalties.
Posted by: arryarryarry, May 5, 2019, 6:06pm; Reply: 73
Been quite impressed by Eastleigh in both their games.
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, May 5, 2019, 6:11pm; Reply: 74
Salford miss first pen
Eastleigh score
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, May 5, 2019, 6:12pm; Reply: 75
Salford score 2nd  pen
Eastleigh score too
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, May 5, 2019, 6:13pm; Reply: 76
Salford score 3rd  pen
Eastleigh miss

2-2
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, May 5, 2019, 6:15pm; Reply: 77
Salford score their 4th
Eastleigh score again too

3-3
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, May 5, 2019, 6:16pm; Reply: 78
Salford score their 5th
Eastleigh miss

4-3 Salford so play Fylde in the final
Posted by: arryarryarry, May 5, 2019, 6:18pm; Reply: 79
Quoted from arryarryarry
Been quite impressed by Eastleigh in both their games.

But not at taking penalties 🙄
Posted by: Poojah, May 5, 2019, 6:48pm; Reply: 80
Would quite like to see us in for Paul McCallum from Eastleigh. Big, goal scoring target man - joint top scorer in the conference with 27 goals and the best goals per minute ratio in the division. Decent pedigree as well.

I think he’s out of contract but there’ll be plenty of League Two interest you’d imagine.
Posted by: lee65, May 5, 2019, 6:51pm; Reply: 81
Quoted from Poojah
Would quite like to see us in for Paul McCallum from Eastleigh. Big, goal scoring target man - joint top scorer in the conference with 27 goals and the best goals per minute ratio in the division. Decent pedigree as well.

I think he’s out of contract but there’ll be plenty of League Two interest you’d imagine.

Eastleigh is a very long way from Grimsby too!, not sure how wedded to that general area he is  :-/
Posted by: Poojah, May 5, 2019, 6:54pm; Reply: 82
Quoted from lee65

Eastleigh is a very long way from Grimsby too!, not sure how wedded to that general area he is  :-/

He’s a southern boy for sure, but he’s had stints at Hearts and Rochdale so is by no means afraid of the industrial north.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, May 5, 2019, 7:03pm; Reply: 83
FFS I hate Salford but can’t bring myself to prefer  anything to do with that tw@t Challinor😡

Posted by: JoeTheMariner, May 5, 2019, 7:11pm; Reply: 84
Went to the game and thought both teams were pretty woeful. We would probably trump the Salford of today but they'll obviously reinvest big.
Posted by: moosey_club, May 6, 2019, 8:58am; Reply: 85
Well that is a disappointing result....as much as I hate Challinor I don't want Salford and their media circus getting up into the League even more.

C' Mon the ugly jug eared thug b@st@rds team (yahoo)
Print page generated: April 28, 2024, 3:56pm