Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: MarinersOnTheUp, April 26, 2019, 6:48pm
I've just seen the Carlisle boss is blaming our pitch for his sides loss...

Now, I think he may have a point about our pitch being quite poor, especially compared to what it used to be. I've been saying most of the season that it doesn't look any way near as good as it used to and probably needs major work. It's normally great quality despite the (growing?) mounds! Even before winter there was large areas that looked almost bald of grass and it doesn't look much better now despite the mild winter and warm start to spring.

BUT

I think Carlisle blaming the pitch is just bitterness, maybe he should look at his sides own poor performance, other teams have had no problem beating us on it. It really shows a lack of professionalism to blame his own shortcomings on the oppositions pitch. By all accounts their fans haven't been too impressed since he took over.
Posted by: Hagrid, April 26, 2019, 7:02pm; Reply: 1
Stupid boring sore loser
Posted by: promotion plaice, April 26, 2019, 7:25pm; Reply: 2

There's nothing wrong with our pitch as far as I can see.......load of boll@cks
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, April 26, 2019, 7:32pm; Reply: 3
End if the day it's the same for both teams...we won, end of..
Posted by: crusty ole pie, April 26, 2019, 8:01pm; Reply: 4
On the pitch subject I had someone in my taxi who had been on a stadium tour and apparently it’s not only floodlights that going but the iconic mounds in the goalmouths are to be taken  out on instructions of sky
Posted by: conscorner, April 26, 2019, 8:05pm; Reply: 5
I've seen worse this season - Oldham and Morecambe for example
Posted by: cardiffmariner, April 26, 2019, 8:07pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from crusty ole pie
On the pitch subject I had someone in my taxi who had been on a stadium tour and apparently it’s not only floodlights that going but the iconic mounds in the goalmouths are to be taken  out on instructions of sky

Wtf have Sky got to do with it? When was the last time they broadcast one of ours games? Is there a league 2 package for next season I’m in aware of?
Posted by: crusty ole pie, April 26, 2019, 8:18pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from cardiffmariner

Wtf have Sky got to do with it? When was the last time they broadcast one of ours games? Is there a league 2 package for next season I’m in aware of?

That’s what I thought he might have meant television in general I suppose
Posted by: moosey_club, April 26, 2019, 8:31pm; Reply: 8
the mounds are for drainage as far as i am aware, to force water away from the goal areas so how the fck Sky can have any input on that i dont know.
The pitch isnt what it used to be....more austerity over a number of years.....why put money into a pitch that we are moving away from in 1988...98...08....15....errmm  :o
Posted by: Gaffer58, April 26, 2019, 9:52pm; Reply: 9
I would assume the quality of our grass is not upto Anfields standard, just ask Robbie Fowler!!
Posted by: Theimperialcoroner, April 26, 2019, 9:58pm; Reply: 10
Our pitch is one of the very few original surfaces left. Someone smarter than me will be able to tell exact number but its 5 or 6 iirc. On that basis and in fact many others, Sky can shove up their arses.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, April 26, 2019, 11:55pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner
Our pitch is one of the very few original surfaces left. Someone smarter than me will be able to tell exact number but its 5 or 6 iirc. On that basis and in fact many others, Sky can shove up their arses.

Would gladly help them. But to my mind turf is too pliable for those b*stards.
Posted by: The_Laughing_Mariner, April 27, 2019, 12:43am; Reply: 12
the pitch is in great shape, as it should be co9nsidering the amount of sh!t its had on it
Posted by: Posh Harry, April 27, 2019, 7:32am; Reply: 13
Quoted from cardiffmariner

I can confirm the same as crusty. Also did stadium tour with Dave smith and he said that the mounds had already been lowered but not enough for sky. Something to do with the ‘signs’ lying on the outside of the pitch near the goals I think.
Posted by: denni266, April 27, 2019, 8:55am; Reply: 14
I dont think i have heared any players complain about our pitch, only the odd manager  and that is when they have lost.
Posted by: mimma, April 27, 2019, 9:01am; Reply: 15
The pitch is the original pitch from when Blundell Park was built and has never been relayed. That makes it the oldest pitch in the league.

Heared this once on a game covered by TV. (can't remember what game it was)
Posted by: HackneyHaddock, April 27, 2019, 9:02am; Reply: 16
Does this mean the goal mounds will be getting "scalped" in the summer?

Maybe the club should use it as an opportunity to get the community in and onto the pitch just before the work begins?  Perhaps a series of schools fixtures for a weekend, both boys and girls' teams, and get some parents and families into the club who might not have been before.  Then start the work and re-sowing the next day.
Posted by: Posh Harry, April 27, 2019, 9:12am; Reply: 17
Quoted from mimma
The pitch is the original pitch from when Blundell Park was built and has never been relayed. That makes it the oldest pitch in the league.

Heared this once on a game covered by TV. (can't remember what game it was)

I thought we relayed it one of the years in non league but can’t be sure.
Posted by: rancido, April 27, 2019, 12:26pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from Gaffer58
I would assume the quality of our grass is not upto Anfields standard, just ask Robbie Fowler!!

I certainly don't think the white lines are!
Posted by: KingstonMariner, April 27, 2019, 12:43pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from rancido

I certainly don't think the white lines are!

;D ;D ;D
Posted by: 140348 (Guest), April 27, 2019, 11:19pm; Reply: 20
I bet Stelling  has had an input. Hartlepool  tw*t. He certainly appears to hate us. ??)
Print page generated: April 28, 2024, 12:40pm