Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Sigone, April 26, 2019, 2:23pm
Imagine he will go straight into squad tomorrow.
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, April 26, 2019, 2:32pm; Reply: 1
Boston’s final fixture is tomorrow anyway and Nottingham is an easier trip than Hereford. ;)
Posted by: sydney, April 26, 2019, 2:36pm; Reply: 2
👍👍
Posted by: diehardmariner, April 26, 2019, 3:33pm; Reply: 3
With Dennis out I can't see anything other than Wright going straight into the starting eleven really.  Vernam up top, Wright occupying one of the wide slots.  
Posted by: Mariner Timsky, April 26, 2019, 3:57pm; Reply: 4
Could we have Wright , Rose and Clifton starting??

Massive positive from this season - the youth
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, April 26, 2019, 4:27pm; Reply: 5
Why, knowing this, has my excitement peaked for tomorrow now?..
Posted by: LondonMariner43, April 26, 2019, 5:40pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from diehardmariner
With Dennis out I can't see anything other than Wright going straight into the starting eleven really.  Vernam up top, Wright occupying one of the wide slots.  

Maybe Rose, Wright and Vernam as a front 3?

Or if Cook is back from injury, Wright in midfield with Clifton and Hessenthaler.

Posted by: Mrs Doyle, April 26, 2019, 5:48pm; Reply: 7
Be a great time to put the lad in with Vernam, Akeem and Wright you have genuine pace up front.. It should be a cracking atmosphere Notts desperate to win must come out and play. This really could be the classic hit on the break game Jolley has craved all season. Let's hope the defenders and midfield play the ball into the channels not the big up and under.
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, April 26, 2019, 5:55pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from Mrs Doyle
Be a great time to put the lad in with Berman,Akeem and Wright you have genuine pace up front.. It [td]
should[/td] be a cracking atmosphere Notts desperate to win must come out and play. This really could be the classic hit on the break game Jolley has craved all season. Let's hope the defenders and midfield play the ball into the channels not the big up and under.

Who's this new signing I know nothing about😂😂
Posted by: rancido, April 26, 2019, 8:05pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from Mrs Doyle
Be a great time to put the lad in with Vernam, Akeem and Wright you have genuine pace up front.. It should be a cracking atmosphere Notts desperate to win must come out and play. This really could be the classic hit on the break game Jolley has craved all season. Let's hope the defenders and midfield play the ball into the channels not the big up and under.

Totally agree but what concerns me is the magnitude of this match for Notts. If Wright appears to be a threat early in the game then he might come in for some " close attention " which could be a problem. The last thing we want is him to be the victim of a crunching tackle that could be serious.
Posted by: pizzzza, April 26, 2019, 9:02pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from rancido

Totally agree but what concerns me is the magnitude of this match for Notts. If Wright appears to be a threat early in the game then he might come in for some " close attention " which could be a problem. The last thing we want is him to be the victim of a crunching tackle that could be serious.

Yeah let's not play the lad because he might get tackled. Its League 2 FFS, think like that and you won't play him at all!
Posted by: sydney, April 26, 2019, 9:46pm; Reply: 11
Right Side Mid / Winger
Come on MJ the lad is “One of our Own”
And had done V Well at Pilgrims
Posted by: KingstonMariner, April 27, 2019, 12:08am; Reply: 12
Could be a good impact sub. Coming off the bench would be a much more positive experience for him. Nothing to lose and everything to gain. Otherwise two divisons up in game with so much riding on it for County....not sure itd be fair to him......

....but wouldn't it be lovely if he did have a massive impact what with him and his family being such massive Town fans.
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, April 27, 2019, 2:53am; Reply: 13
With Wright, Akeem and Vernam they will have THREE players to worry about so targeting one would be silly. No give them a headache in defence a three pronged attack would keep them on there toes. The game would be end to end we can relax and play some swift footy switching sides. We have a big fan following give them something to shout about.
Posted by: rancido, April 27, 2019, 12:16pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from pizzzza

Yeah let's not play the lad because he might get tackled. Its League 2 FFS, think like that and you won't play him at all!

It's nothing to do with that. I don't see the point of starting him in a game that is so important to the opposition. Obviously he's going to get tackled, it's all part and parcel of the game, but it's not as if it's imperative for him to be in the starting line-up. For Notts County it's a must win game and they have much more at stake than us. By all means maybe use him at some stage in the game but certainly not to start with.
Posted by: devs, April 27, 2019, 12:20pm; Reply: 15
Huge difference between L2 and Conf North
But this might be the sort of test that shows what he can do
If he had a blinder in the game v Crewe then what do you learn in an end of season match with neither side having much to play for

I think MJ might use him as an impact sub
Posted by: barralad, April 27, 2019, 7:51pm; Reply: 16
Well it was worth the wait in my opinion. Yes he probably currently is a bit lightweight but not afraid to run with the ball and had easily our best effort on goal before we scored.
Posted by: RonMariner, April 27, 2019, 7:54pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from barralad
Well it was worth the wait in my opinion. Yes he probably currently is a bit lightweight but not afraid to run with the ball and had easily our best effort on goal before we scored.

Yes, he created more in the time he was on that any of the others.
Posted by: arryarryarry, April 27, 2019, 9:23pm; Reply: 18
Man of the match for me which considering the time he was on the pitch is a sad indictment on the rest of the shower.
Posted by: RonMariner, April 28, 2019, 9:46am; Reply: 19
He looks a real prospect to me. Great pace, good close control and got off a great shot that forced their keeper into a fantastic save.

I would start with him next week.
Posted by: Croxton, April 28, 2019, 10:00am; Reply: 20
Quoted from RonMariner
He looks a real prospect to me. Great pace, good close control and got off a great shot that forced their keeper into a fantastic save.

I would start with him next week.

Max has vastly more lower league experience over two seasons than Rose and it showed yesterday. His fitness, reading of the game, movement and decision making are of a totally different order.
Posted by: toontown, April 28, 2019, 10:22am; Reply: 21
Yes he transformed us into a more positive mindset from that very first run.
We were awful before he came on
Posted by: headingly_mariner, April 28, 2019, 11:05am; Reply: 22
He looked really sharp yesterday. Straight into game and really impressed when given the ball. Hopefully he’ll get more 1st team action.
Posted by: Madeleymariner, April 28, 2019, 11:43am; Reply: 23
Hopefully we will give him the ball, but I feel it wont be often enough.
Print page generated: May 5, 2024, 9:32am