Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Nutsy, April 23, 2019, 9:58am
Next season, can we please not sign any old and knackered, or journeymen.

We have a strong looking quartet of youth players now: Clifton, Pollock, Wright and Rose.

The evergreen McKeown.

We have Embleton and RHJ, who are two of our most promising younger squad members too.

Our Swedish duo are slowly adapting too.

Whitehouse and Hess should add some extra oomph in midfield.

McKeown
Hendrie - RHJ - Pollock - Ohman - Ring
Hess - Whitehouse - Clifton
Wright -  Rose

Please can we BUILD on what we have got, and not have another culling - and for the love of all that is good and holy, do not sack Jolley
Posted by: pizzzza, April 23, 2019, 10:05am; Reply: 1
Quoted from Nutsy

McKeown
Embleton - RHJ - Pollock - Ohman - Ring
Hess - Whitehouse - Clifton
Wright - ? - Rose

1. We are only allowed to field 11 players at a time.
2. I doubt we'll see Embleton back next season....
3. ...especially not playing at right back.
Posted by: Hagrid, April 23, 2019, 10:29am; Reply: 2
Max is not a striker either.
Posted by: marinerdazza, April 23, 2019, 10:40am; Reply: 3
You're expecting a lot from Whitehouse too. Apart from all that, great post...
Posted by: Abdul19, April 23, 2019, 10:52am; Reply: 4
Are you confusing Embleton and Hendrie?
Posted by: moosey_club, April 23, 2019, 11:20am; Reply: 5
Quoted from Nutsy
Next season, can we please not sign any old and knackered, or journeymen.

We have a strong looking quartet of youth players now: Clifton, Pollock, Wright and Rose.

Please can we BUILD on what we have got, and not have another culling - and for the love of all that is good and holy, do not sack Jolley

Of those only 1 has any evidence of being able to potentially compete at this level, Clifton and although he has come on very well this year he still lacks some qualities, if he progresses agan next year then he will be a an excellent box to box midfielder.....the others we really have no idea how they will develop as yet. Hardly a cornerstone to build on but potentially useful players for the future i would say.
Posted by: nealeardleyscrossing, April 23, 2019, 12:09pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from moosey_club

Of those only 1 has any evidence of being able to potentially compete at this level, Clifton and although he has come on very well this year he still lacks some qualities, if he progresses agan next year then he will be a an excellent box to box midfielder.....the others we really have no idea how they will develop as yet. Hardly a cornerstone to build on but potentially useful players for the future i would say.

Whitehouse can, and has competed at this level. I do think your expecting a bit too much from him though, from reading on here.
He is a good player, with a great engine, decent finisher, the only thing that used to consistently let him down was his touch.
Posted by: moosey_club, April 23, 2019, 8:49pm; Reply: 7

Whitehouse can, and has competed at this level. I do think your expecting a bit too much from him though, from reading on here.
He is a good player, with a great engine, decent finisher, the only thing that used to consistently let him down was his touch.

not banking on Whitehouse at all personally .....full season out and one of those injuries that can completely diminish a player from what he used to be.  Our track record with long term injury recoveries isnt great in all honesty so while his own video updates seem to show him strong in character and recovering well i dont expect him to be our long awaited midfield saviour......if he does then a fantastic bonus.
Print page generated: April 18, 2024, 10:26pm