Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, April 22, 2019, 3:24pm
Anyone know if he's more of a defending or attacking midfield?

We've had defenders play defensive midfield recently as no Welsh and wondered if Whitehouse was the other midfielder that was brought in to play there
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, April 22, 2019, 3:34pm; Reply: 1
Attacking Midfielder I do believe. I think we brought Embeleton in to replace him when he became injured.
Posted by: SalsaE70, April 23, 2019, 8:10pm; Reply: 2
I’ll tell you exactly what Whitehouse has got in his locker...As an Imp, I enjoyed the fact that this lad has a great engine ( hope the injury doesn’t impact on that), can tackle, scores his fair share of goals and is a tenacious terrier for 90 minutes. Wish we kept him tbh. Does a lot of the dirty work and rarely gets MoM.
Good luck to the lad next season
Posted by: Southwark Mariner, April 24, 2019, 12:14am; Reply: 3
Quoted from SalsaE70
I’ll tell you exactly what Whitehouse has got in his locker...As an Imp, I enjoyed the fact that this lad has a great engine ( hope the injury doesn’t impact on that), can tackle, scores his fair share of goals and is a tenacious terrier for 90 minutes. Wish we kept him tbh. Does a lot of the dirty work and rarely gets MoM.
Good luck to the lad next season

you coped without him....a bit like us really.
Posted by: Theimperialcoroner, April 24, 2019, 3:56am; Reply: 4
Is there any prospect he might feature in these last couple of games?
Posted by: denni266, April 24, 2019, 7:06am; Reply: 5
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner

Dont think it is worth the risk . Better off giving him time over the summer and then a preseason  just to be safe
Posted by: arryarryarry, April 24, 2019, 2:21pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner

Said the other day absolutely no point in playing him now.

Let him spend more time in recovery and get back hopefully into full training when the players return after the summer break.

He will be like a new signing.
Posted by: livosnose, April 24, 2019, 3:53pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from arryarryarry

Said the other day absolutely no point in playing him now.

Let him spend more time in recovery and get back hopefully into full training when the players return after the summer break.

He will be like a new signing.

Might be good from a psychological point of view to get him on even if it's just for five minutes on the last day. Would do him a lot,of good IMO
Posted by: Hagrid, April 24, 2019, 3:59pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from livosnose

Might be good from a psychological point of view to get him on even if it's just for five minutes on the last day. Would do him a lot,of good IMO

I don't think so, let him go at his own pace, aim for next season
Posted by: Gaffer58, April 24, 2019, 4:13pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from livosnose

Agree, 2 minutes from the end of the last game bring him on, no matter what the score, let him have an ovation and it would have him chomping at the bit for a he start of next season, he doesn't even have to have touch.
Posted by: chaos33, April 24, 2019, 4:54pm; Reply: 10
I’m not sure of the exact point he’s at in his rehabilitation from this potentially career ending injury but there was a recent update and he seemed to be coming into a phase where he can run, kick jump/land etc, but I don’t recall a mention of being into the phase where he can twist, turn, sustain impact/tackle etc with the likelihood that he has lots more strengthening and fitness work to undertake. We don’t know if he’s played 10 mins in a gentle 5 a side in training.

Twisting, turning bending etc are always the later, and hardest to return to, and there is also the  psychological aspect where the player is fully restored confidence-wise. He’s had a major ligament regraft and recovery is 6-9 months and not guaranteed. He may still be in mental recovery where he’s working towards being fully confident in that knee’s stability. Doing too much too soon risks all that recovery work.

In short, I can’t see any way that we could or should play him in a match, even for 5 minutes. Even aside from the moral regard, you wouldn’t take your pie out the oven 15 minutes before it was cooked because you couldn’t wait to see how it tasted.
And yes I have had this injury and it changed my life.
Posted by: Meza, April 24, 2019, 5:07pm; Reply: 11
I listened to his interview on ifollow I think was a month back and his last update said he hasn't done the twisting etc yet and it was next on his rehabilitation.
Posted by: RonMariner, April 25, 2019, 12:43am; Reply: 12
Not worth the risk. A bad twist and he could be out for next season too.

We have plenty of youngsters who we could give some game time to in the last game.

I am looking forward to a midfield of Hess, Clifton and Whitehouse next season!
Print page generated: April 26, 2024, 4:07pm