Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: HertsGTFC, April 21, 2019, 8:43am
I know this came up a couple of weeks ago but surely as Boston now have nothing to play for we should recall Max Wright for the final 3 games?

Town’s recent performances have been shocking and this lad appears to play with real confidence.

I also think Rose should start tomorrow as his pace must surely add something to the side.
Posted by: Ipswin, April 21, 2019, 9:06am; Reply: 1
Quoted from HertsGTFC
I know this came up a couple of weeks ago but surely as Boston now have nothing to play for we should recall Max Wright for the final 3 games?

Poor lad, what have you got against him and what has he done to deserve a recall to GTFC

Leave him alone if he has gained in confidence then playing alongside the tactics and ideas-free bunch from Saturday will soon ruin it

Posted by: golfer, April 21, 2019, 9:17am; Reply: 2
Ipswin-you can't say Town don't have tactics or ideas -they have 11 all at the same time
Posted by: MuddyWaters, April 21, 2019, 9:45am; Reply: 3
Boston finish a week before us so bring him into the squad for the Crewe game.
Posted by: Ipswin, April 21, 2019, 10:28am; Reply: 4
Quoted from golfer
Ipswin-you can't say Town don't have tactics or ideas -they have 11 all at the same time

That many would be nice, on Saturday there was just one, work the ball (dangerously - that's how we conceded) to about half way in our half then lump it diagonally to the opposition's two central defenders

Posted by: HertsGTFC, April 21, 2019, 10:38am; Reply: 5
Quoted from Ipswin

Poor lad, what have you got against him and what has he done to deserve a recall to GTFC

Leave him alone if he has gained in confidence then playing alongside the tactics and ideas-free bunch from Saturday will soon ruin it

It might just convince him to put in a transfer request before it’s too late!
Posted by: The Grim Reaper, April 21, 2019, 11:42pm; Reply: 6
Plodder
Posted by: barrattstandman, April 22, 2019, 2:16pm; Reply: 7
Let's get this right Max Wright is a skilful player . However he is 8 stone wet through . Someone ( professional  scout ) said exactly that in that he gets knocked off the ball too easily  how many times he we geared in this sight that we need some height and strength especially in midfield areas and up front . I'm not doubting his ability but I just think we can do better and for the length of time he has been here he should have broken through by now .
Posted by: KingstonMariner, April 22, 2019, 3:09pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from barrattstandman
Let's get this right Max Wright is a skilful player . However he is 8 stone wet through . Someone ( professional  scout ) said exactly that in that he gets knocked off the ball too easily  how many times he we geared in this sight that we need some height and strength especially in midfield areas and up front . I'm not doubting his ability but I just think we can do better and for the length of time he has been here he should have broken through by now .

Seems to manage in the more physical non-League.

Would still like to see him tried properly at this level. I.E. in his own position and with a decent run.
Posted by: jock dock tower, April 22, 2019, 3:56pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from barrattstandman

The Diddyman, Dave Gilbert was hardly the Hulk and he did okay.

Posted by: Gaffer58, April 22, 2019, 4:09pm; Reply: 10
Think we've had a series of fairly small midfielders, Boylen, Waters, Gilbert.
Posted by: Posh Harry, April 22, 2019, 4:24pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from jock dock tower

The Diddyman, Dave Gilbert was hardly the Hulk and he did okay.

Gilbert was very stocky though so not really a like for like comparison imo.
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, April 22, 2019, 9:38pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from Ipswin

That many would be nice, on Saturday there was just one, work the ball (dangerously - that's how we conceded) to about half way in our half then lump it diagonally to the opposition's two central defenders

Maybe the session on Saturday paid dividends with today's win after Friday's defeat?  ;)
Print page generated: April 24, 2024, 12:35am