Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: promotion plaice, April 20, 2019, 11:32pm

I better get myself down to the BP ticket office prior to midday Monday so I can get my wife a free ticket for the Carlisle game with my season ticket.

https://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/2019/april/bank-holiday-bonanza-ticket-offer/
Posted by: TAGG, April 21, 2019, 6:54am; Reply: 1
Ye don't like her much then 😂😂😂
Posted by: lukeo, April 21, 2019, 6:55am; Reply: 2
Quoted from promotion plaice

I better get myself down to the BP ticket office prior to midday Monday so I can get my wife a free ticket for the Carlisle game with my season ticket.

https://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/2019/april/bank-holiday-bonanza-ticket-offer/

What annoys me is this is the best the club can come up with as advertisement.
Posted by: chaos33, April 21, 2019, 8:09am; Reply: 3
Giving it a miss
Posted by: Civvy at last, April 21, 2019, 8:22am; Reply: 4
So is it a reward for the loyal support. Or just desperate measures to try and prevent an embarrassingly low Bank Holiday turnout ?  
At the moment I won’t be going. Might change my mind but don’t think I will.
However, if MJ came out early and said he was giving the youngsters a game from the start then I would definitely be there.
Posted by: ska face, April 21, 2019, 9:13am; Reply: 5
”in order for season ticket holders to redeem this free ticket, season ticket books must be presented to staff in the ticket office to be marked prior to midday on either match day. This will prevent unnecessary ticket office congestion prior to kick-off.“

Phwoar, what a battle-cry! They really know how to get the blood pumping!  :-/
Posted by: golfer, April 21, 2019, 9:20am; Reply: 6
You will be sat in the Findus and she will be sat in the main stand or the Osmond. doubt if she will be able to be sat next to you unless you ask everyone to move down.But then it is something to get the gate up-but why wasn.t something done throughout the season
Posted by: CodHead, April 21, 2019, 9:34am; Reply: 7
Quoted from promotion plaice

Aren’t bonanza supposed to be enjoyable?
Posted by: Bigdog, April 21, 2019, 9:36am; Reply: 8
So, if I'm getting this right due to the very late announcement.. The only time available to take up the offer of a free ticket with a season ticket for the Carlisle game is to go to the ticket office on the morning of the game and then go home again as the match kicks off more than three hours later and then make the same journey to the game later that afternoon. And all because they expect congestion for their staff who have to use a pen to tick off the season ticket book and print out a ticket? And also dole out refunds to those that have bought at full price and reprint another ticket out, even though possibly no one has bought one hence the panic at the club for a Bank Holiday fixture? And all the while the club staff are on the phone answering questions over the confusion or faffing about nature of the offer. Must be far easier than a click online and having a plastic credit sized card that could be swiped at the turnstile all in one go. And noticeably, with the average age of our fanbase increasing and the lack of younger support, the offer doesn't extend to junior season ticket holders who could have brought one of their mates along..

On top of that Carlisle are going to bring quite a few so the income from the travelling support will be cut by 30%, as it would likely to be too late to stimulate a spike in away support, while the expected tiny take up from the home fans for discounted tickets has no chance of offsetting that deficit. Season ticket holders can't even give their season ticket away never mind find someone else to go with of find poor souls that want to stump up fourteen quid to watch a team bereft of everything. Back of a fagg packet marketing using a tinpot system on a game that should have been left alone at this late stage and been better thought through and executed for the Crewe game..

It would be laughable if it wasn't my club..
Posted by: londonmariner2, April 21, 2019, 10:35am; Reply: 9
Usually with my season ticket if i want to bring a friend along or a family member they try and charge me   13 quid to move my seat so we can sit together.
They speak to me like I am a piece of excrement for asking.
They can shove it for next season.

UTM
Posted by: golfer, April 21, 2019, 10:43am; Reply: 10
All my mates are dead so can I bring my dog. He likes to bark  when Town score a goal. He hasn't been able to bark for such a long time and I would like to show him that it is not worth waiting and to think of something else to bark at.
Posted by: GollyGTFC, April 21, 2019, 11:02am; Reply: 11
Quoted from londonmariner2
Usually with my season ticket if i want to bring a friend along or a family member they try and charge me   13 quid to move my seat so we can sit together.
They speak to me like I am a piece of excrement for asking.
They can shove it for next season.

UTM

GTFC treating the regular paying customer with contempt? What a surprise?

Maybe this summer they’ll finally answer my question about why junior replica kits cost more than adult ones.
Posted by: grimsby pete, April 21, 2019, 11:31am; Reply: 12
If Town employed a PR  person who's sole responsibility was to give out statements and to whom fans could go to with complaints or queries I am sure it would more than pay for itself over time.

We have been saying this for years and although there has been a little improvement this season because of MJ it still needs a lot of work but I can not see it happening until change at the top occurs .
Posted by: promotion plaice, April 21, 2019, 4:13pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from TAGG
Ye don't like her much then 😂😂😂

It was my wife's idea for me to get her a ticket, I think she's losing the plot   ;D

Posted by: ska face, April 22, 2019, 8:43am; Reply: 14
Quoted from ska face
”in order for season ticket holders to redeem this free ticket, season ticket books must be presented to staff in the ticket office to be marked prior to midday on either match day. This will prevent unnecessary ticket office congestion prior to kick-off.“

Just for comparison, this is what MORECAMBE are doing today -

[img]https://i.postimg.cc/DzqkZt3J/FB44006-B-6-AFF-4615-B804-372-D37-CCF83-E.jpg[/img]

As close to a dead rubber as you can get against as beige a side as you’ll see, and they’re trying to break an attendance record. We’re being asked to drag select a victim and drag them down without creating a fuss.
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, April 22, 2019, 8:56am; Reply: 15
Quoted from grimsby pete
If Town employed a PR  person who's sole responsibility was to give out statements and to whom fans could go to with complaints or queries I am sure it would more than pay for itself over time.

We have been saying this for years and although there has been a little improvement this season because of MJ it still needs a lot of work but I can not see it happening until change at the top occurs .

We do are PR on the pitch hence I’m not going today , the whole experience from mardy office / ticket staff to inadequate facilities bores me I’m afraid. Every body involved in the club from the players to the board just seem to be going through the motions, without serious change many won’t be back next season
Posted by: Tradjazz, April 22, 2019, 9:02am; Reply: 16
Just got two more Grimsby Town Nil games to go and then I'm free to start enjoying my Saturday afternoons again.

Watching this drivel week in, week out is worse than have a toothache!

No chance of renewing next season. It's been dire.

??) ??) ??) ??)
Posted by: KingstonMariner, April 22, 2019, 9:23am; Reply: 17
Quoted from Tradjazz
Just got two more Grimsby Town Nil games to go and then I'm free to start enjoying my Saturday afternoons again.

Watching this drivel week in, week out is worse than have a toothache!

No chance of renewing next season. It's been dire.

??) ??) ??) ??)

‘Don’t worry. If England have a good run in the World Cup they’ll be queuing for season tickets in droves.’
‘There isn’t a World Cup this year John. We need another plan.’
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, April 22, 2019, 11:07pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from ska face

Just for comparison, this is what MORECAMBE are doing today -

[img]https://i.postimg.cc/DzqkZt3J/FB44006-B-6-AFF-4615-B804-372-D37-CCF83-E.jpg[/img]

As close to a dead rubber as you can get against as beige a side as you’ll see, and they’re trying to break an attendance record. We’re being asked to drag select a victim and drag them down without creating a fuss.

I don't know what their attendance came out at today, but however many went along the got to see a few goals and a good win

4-0 against Cheltenham, whereas last week they never really had one attempt on goal apart from the one that the referee gave them on a plate
Posted by: oochiad, April 22, 2019, 11:31pm; Reply: 19
Yes and that’s because we played well and didn’t give them the chance. People seem to ignore this fact as we didn’t win( and also they probably didn’t go so wouldn’t know)
Posted by: arryarryarry, April 23, 2019, 5:06am; Reply: 20
Quoted from oochiad
Yes and that’s because we played well and didn’t give them the chance. People seem to ignore this fact as we didn’t win( and also they probably didn’t go so wouldn’t know)

I went and it was a crap game with both teams looking very poor.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, April 23, 2019, 8:26am; Reply: 21
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

I don't know what their attendance came out at today, but however many went along the got to see a few goals and a good win

4-0 against Cheltenham, whereas last week they never really had one attempt on goal apart from the one that the referee gave them on a plate

3086 so a very good attendance for them. An extra 1000 or 50% on the gate at least.
Posted by: 1mickylyons, April 23, 2019, 8:54am; Reply: 22
Quoted from ska face

Unreal mate I`ve totally given up on any change.
Posted by: Croxton, April 23, 2019, 9:22am; Reply: 23
Quoted from ska face

I phoned in advance as the earliest I could get there as an exile was 2.30. Told not to worry. Short queue, and the young chap in the ticket office found two seats for us in the Upper. Staff are fine but they have an outdated clunky system to work with. If there had been a large take up of this 'bonanza' we could have seen chaos.
Posted by: diehardmariner, April 23, 2019, 10:17am; Reply: 24
A single turnstile open for the Main Stand.  Despite a pretty low gate there was a slight build up of fans waiting to get in at about 2:55.

It wasn't a major issue but opening one gate after a rallying call (as weak as it was) for extra support seems a bit bizarre.  Almost as if the right hand doesn't know what the left one is doing...

Last home game is a complete and utter dead rubber.  Neither side has anything to play for.  There's a slight opportunity there to do some much needed PR rebuilding ahead of season ticket sales.  Market it now as a chance to see the next generation, absolutely slash the ticket prices, do some work in the community to drum up ticket sales with the players going out to schools etc.   Anything other than a statement that someone's written in 20 seconds and makes you feel like crap just for having the nerve to support the team.
Posted by: ska face, April 23, 2019, 11:00am; Reply: 25
Quoted from 1mickylyons

Unreal mate I`ve totally given up on any change.

You’re not wrong. Seeing the barriers put in to getting even the most minor concession from the club is really disheartening.

It’ll come one day.
Posted by: marinerdazza, April 23, 2019, 11:24am; Reply: 26
the primary school kids chanting "who are ya" in the main stand throughout yesterday's game should be given free season tickets next year.
Posted by: Les Brechin, April 23, 2019, 12:42pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from diehardmariner
A single turnstile open for the Main Stand.  Despite a pretty low gate there was a slight build up of fans waiting to get in at about 2:55.

It wasn't a major issue but opening one gate after a rallying call (as weak as it was) for extra support seems a bit bizarre.  Almost as if the right hand doesn't know what the left one is doing...

Last home game is a complete and utter dead rubber. Neither side has anything to play for.  There's a slight opportunity there to do some much needed PR rebuilding ahead of season ticket sales.  Market it now as a chance to see the next generation, absolutely slash the ticket prices, do some work in the community to drum up ticket sales with the players going out to schools etc.   Anything other than a statement that someone's written in 20 seconds and makes you feel like crap just for having the nerve to support the team.

Maybe we'll do something like my Sunday footy team used to do for the last game. Stick all the names in a hat and pull them out one by one per postition.  ;D

Ring in goal, McKeown up front, Akeem Rose centre-mid. It'd be fun.  ;D
Posted by: Jaws, April 23, 2019, 1:02pm; Reply: 28
The fact Greg Howard (sports scientist cum warm-up coach) screams at kids to throw balls back that have gone into the Pontoon during a warm-up, just sums up the clubs PR. Too much ego, and probably cost the club a few quid  in future sales just because he can't use some manners.
Posted by: Mariner Timsky, April 23, 2019, 1:54pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from Les Brechin

Maybe we'll do something like my Sunday footy team used to do for the last game. Stick all the names in a hat and pull them out one by one per postition.  ;D

Ring in goal, McKeown up front, Akeem Rose centre-mid. It'd be fun.  ;D

Isn't that what most recent Town managers do anyway  ;)

Print page generated: April 25, 2024, 4:53am