Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: fleabag1970, April 20, 2019, 8:04pm
I like MJ  he is a good bloke who knows what he is doing . Unfortunately  he will never be supported  financially  and that will never change . OP money is now in the hands of the club owner . Disabled toilet money etc etc ... it's bloody embarrassing  Tbh .... if you buy a season ticket for next season you are buying into it . If you don't then you are buying into change ........
Posted by: grimsby pete, April 21, 2019, 10:11am; Reply: 1
Quoted from fleabag1970
I like MJ  he is a good bloke who knows what he is doing . Unfortunately  he will never be supported  financially  and that will never change . OP money is now in the hands of the club owner . Disabled toilet money etc etc ... it's bloody embarrassing  Tbh .... if you buy a season ticket for next season you are buying into it . If you don't then you are buying into change ........

OR  Relegation.
Posted by: Garth, April 21, 2019, 10:39am; Reply: 2
ATM its a excrement team but its still my team, I will be there Monday as always in hope rather than expectation
Posted by: Helgy, April 21, 2019, 1:17pm; Reply: 3
I’d say you need to spend big to get out of this division Mansfield have massively but once their benefactor goes its back to normal for them.
In L1 on 4K crowds he’ll have to put millions in to just sustain that level.
Lower league football is broken but I can’t see the EFL changing it.
You have to be careful for what you wish for.
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, April 21, 2019, 1:42pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from Helgy
I’d say you need to spend big to get out of this division Mansfield have massively but once their benefactor goes its back to normal for them.
In L1 on 4K crowds he’ll have to put millions in to just sustain that level.
Lower league football is broken but I can’t see the EFL changing it.
You have to be careful for what you wish for.

You make a fair point, but our board see it differently.

They invest NOTHING in the club. Most of the directors seem to have next to no financial input, and the one that does seems to be taking his loans back, albeit slowly.

In the majority of cases you are right in that it takes a lot of investment to get a team to be promotion material, you have to pay premium rates to get the better players for a start. Those better players expect better facilites for another.

Our board's plan is to get lucky with a managerial appointment, hope he in turn gets lucky with some average players, and in turn hope they are lucky to mould into a promotion side.

You may or may not find it difficult to believe that those ideas are not bearing much fruit.
Posted by: livosnose, April 21, 2019, 3:31pm; Reply: 5
Sounds like a Smiths song / album  :)
Posted by: Helgy, April 21, 2019, 4:34pm; Reply: 6

You make a fair point, but our board see it differently.

They invest NOTHING in the club. Most of the directors seem to have next to no financial input, and the one that does seems to be taking his loans back, albeit slowly.

In the majority of cases you are right in that it takes a lot of investment to get a team to be promotion material, you have to pay premium rates to get the better players for a start. Those better players expect better facilites for another.

Our board's plan is to get lucky with a managerial appointment, hope he in turn gets lucky with some average players, and in turn hope they are lucky to mould into a promotion side.

You may or may not find it difficult to believe that those ideas are not bearing much fruit.

So they are going for the early 80's model when you there was a massive amount of local talent that burst through.

Tell them they will have to dig deep and have deep pockets because unless you spend big and wisely nothing will change.

Notts spent big and so did Mansfield but Hardy wow he blew the connection they had with Forest and the talent was loaned to Mansfield.

Print page generated: April 23, 2024, 11:56am