Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, April 19, 2019, 7:39pm
Does he start with Collins, Woolford and Cardwell??..
Defend too deep, bypass midfield and lump it up to a lad who couldn't direct traffic let alone a header to one of his own team mates...
As soon as you see Collins name on the team sheet you know it's gonna be back to the walls because we daren't attack for the fear of old father time getting skinned time and time again..
If you look at some of our best performances this season you'll see one man's name missing off that team sheet.. Danny Collins..
It's hard thinking that a man who's been so good for us will end his town career, imho, a year too late ...
Posted by: golfer, April 19, 2019, 8:46pm; Reply: 1
we could always play Collins centre forward-he couldn't do any harm there cos' he wouldn't get a kick and give Woolford and Cardwell free transfers to Carlisle
Posted by: Garth, April 19, 2019, 8:51pm; Reply: 2
Needs a complete change for next season, both in the players and coaches, absolute rubbish
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, April 19, 2019, 8:53pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from Northbank Mariner
Does he start with Collins, Woolford and Cardwell??..
Defend too deep, bypass midfield and lump it up to a lad who couldn't direct traffic let alone a header to one of his own team mates...
As soon as you see Collins name on the team sheet you know it's gonna be back to the walls because we daren't attack for the fear of old father time getting skinned time and time again..
If you look at some of our best performances this season you'll see one man's name missing off that team sheet.. Danny Collins..
It's hard thinking that a man who's been so good for us will end his town career, imho, a year too late ...

Cardwell is the one that really baffles me. Obviously, they must see something we can't but it can only be potential?

On the commentary today it was said more than once that his heart isn't in it - not going in to challenge with any purpose for balls that he should be contesting. No good as a centre forward then, is he? He strikes me as one of those players who looks like he is trying hard by chasing lost causes; give him something to really go at and the desire is not really there.

No doubt he has good qualities, but perhaps not in the professional game.
Posted by: Garth, April 19, 2019, 8:54pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from Garth
Needs a complete change for next season, both in the players and coaches, absolute rubbish

My problem is I will keep on going coz I'm daft
Posted by: forza ivano, April 20, 2019, 12:21am; Reply: 5
I actually thought Cardwell had a good game v Stevenage and won lots of good headers but still came away thinking he's a conference centre forward. Now in comparison if you'd had the shop orAkinde up front...........
Posted by: golfer, April 20, 2019, 7:41am; Reply: 6
Hmm-Lewis nearly out of contract and still only 29-I wonder ?
Posted by: arryarryarry, April 20, 2019, 9:58am; Reply: 7
Quoted from golfer
Hmm-Lewis nearly out of contract and still only 29-I wonder ?

No.
Posted by: Mariner Ronnie, April 20, 2019, 11:19am; Reply: 8
Complete clean out close season I reckon, vast amount of players will leave and I think they know that already, that’s why they’re playing so awful. We’ll come good next season though 👍🏼 UTM!
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, April 20, 2019, 2:48pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from Mariner Ronnie
Complete clean out close season I reckon, vast amount of players will leave and I think they know that already, that’s why they’re playing so awful. We’ll come good next season though 👍🏼 UTM!

To be replaced with equally low grade players, sadly.

If we have not got the budget, there isn't a lot anybody can do.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, April 20, 2019, 2:56pm; Reply: 10

I expect that we have 60% of next season’s squad here already with room to replace Collins, Woolford, Mitch Rose, Welsh, Thomas and Hooper. Assuming Whitehouse gets fully fit, we could have 7 new/as new signings plus loan replacements for Grayson and Embleton.

I realise I might be clutching at straws but there may be some hope in the annual turd polishing season.
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, April 20, 2019, 3:20pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I expect that we have 60% of next season’s squad here already with room to replace Collins, Woolford, Mitch Rose, Welsh, Thomas and Hooper. Assuming Whitehouse gets fully fit, we could have 7 new/as new signings plus loan replacements for Grayson and Embleton.

I realise I might be clutching at straws but there may be some hope in the annual turd polishing season.

You talk as if having 60% of the squad here is a good thing! The squad has gone 10 games without a win, and has been in the opposition penalty box at least twice in that time...

I know what you mean though - hope springs eternal and all that but it is wearing very thin now.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, April 20, 2019, 3:46pm; Reply: 12

You talk as if having 60% of the squad here is a good thing! The squad has gone 10 games without a win, and has been in the opposition penalty box at least twice in that time...

I know what you mean though - hope springs eternal and all that but it is wearing very thin now.

I’m guessing that there’s been a bit of cash saved so, to me, replacing 9 players with players good enough to start would help greatly. On the other hand, replacing them with squad players would be going round in the same old circles.
For me, Hendrie, Macca, Ohman, Hess, Vernam, Clifton and maybe Whitmore are decent enough and out of next year’s signed players, there’s a couple I would try to get rid of.
Posted by: Ipswin, April 20, 2019, 4:38pm; Reply: 13

It's not just a case of what players we can afford, if we had a £50M+ budget we wouldn't necessarily win matches if the manager was shite

Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, April 20, 2019, 4:45pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I’m guessing that there’s been a bit of cash saved so, to me, replacing 9 players with players good enough to start would help greatly. On the other hand, replacing them with squad players would be going round in the same old circles.
For me, Hendrie, Macca, Ohman, Hess, Vernam, Clifton and maybe Whitmore are decent enough and out of next year’s signed players, there’s a couple I would try to get rid of.

They might be good enough to start OC, but are they as good as other clubs are signing?

Like everyone else I get excited with pre season signings - "Oh he looks a decent signing..." only to find that FGR or Salford or Colchester have actually signed better players. And so it goes on.

We have all lived in hope for years; it is actually beginning to dawn on me that I have been had - I must be thicker than I thought I was, and that wasn't a high bar.

We need some serious news coming out of BP soon or season ticket sales will be very low.
Posted by: Stew0_0, April 20, 2019, 6:41pm; Reply: 15
Of the players regularly in the team, we'd surely be happy starting with macca, hendrie, ohman and hessenthaler so signing 9 or 10 strong players to add to that and have Clifton, Hall Johnson, Vernam, Davis, Ring, Rose and Max Wright challenging / in reserve then thats not a bad basis of a squad if we can get formation and tactics right.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, April 20, 2019, 7:50pm; Reply: 16
In principle we’ve got some half decent players at this level but we haven’t got the glue in midfield to supply the strikers we don’t have either.
Posted by: Bigdog, April 20, 2019, 8:04pm; Reply: 17
I can't see how we are going to improve the squad with 1k less season tickets sold. The board have never been speculate to accumulate and can't attract additional investment, so where's the money going to come from for "8 to 10 strong additions" or "6 or 7 improved starting eleven players"?

If nothing spectacular or drastic changes in the running of the club in the next few weeks, I really fear for us as a club. Our club is getting damaged season by season to the point of beyond repair by a totally unaware board and an owner who's in complete denial of his shortcomings in how to run a successful football club..
Posted by: HertsGTFC, April 20, 2019, 9:04pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from Bigdog
I can't see how we are going to improve the squad with 1k less season tickets sold. The board have never been speculate to accumulate and can't attract additional investment, so where's the money going to come from for "8 to 10 strong additions" or "6 or 7 improved starting eleven players"?

If nothing spectacular or drastic changes in the running of the club in the next few weeks, I really fear for us as a club. Our club is getting damaged season by season to the point of beyond repair by a totally unaware board and an owner who's in complete denial of his shortcomings in how to run a successful football club..

Is there something your not telling us? “1K less season tickets sold”?

I doubt we’ll sell anything like 3,000 but I’m not sure you can say a drop be a 1,000?
Posted by: Bigdog, April 20, 2019, 9:28pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Is there something your not telling us? “1K less season tickets sold”?

I doubt we’ll sell anything like 3,000 but I’m not sure you can say a drop be a 1,000?

You may be right or may be optimistic, but even if it's a 500 drop, there's 150k less in the kitty yet JF said he's going to increase next season's budget, so where's the money going to come from? If it is a 1k drop, there'll be 300k less in the kitty and we had a low budget this season while balancing the books, but everyone's on about signing improvements. The question remains.. how are we going to attract better players to NE Lincs with less budget unless there's significant and wholesale change at the club that improves the status quo and sparks renewed interest. Rookie manager given thankless task, rinse repeat etc etc etc

Fans take for granted the availability of cash for playing budget as much as the board take season ticket purchases for granted.. the numbers won't add up next season unless there's a huge shake up or big news..
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, April 20, 2019, 9:47pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from Bigdog

You're right, but even if it's a 500 drop, there's 150k less in the kitty yet JF said he's going to increase next season's budget, so where's the money going to come from? If it is a 1k drop, there'll be 300k less in the kitty and we had a low budget this season but everyone's on about signing improvements. The question remains.. how are we going to attract better players to NE Lincs with less budget unless there's significant and wholesale change at the club that changes the status quo. Rookie manager given thankless task, rinse repeat etc etc etc

Fans take for granted the availability of cash for playing budget as much as the board take season ticket purchases for granted.. the numbers won't add up next season unless there's a huge shake up or big news..

Quite. This is why the collapse in form has been so disastrous.

If there isn't a change of ownership in the pipeline I would not be at all surprised to see Jolley getting the sack before the season ends. A new manager with new promises would stimulate interest, otherwise season ticket sales will be dire, unless there is new investment or big news on the stadium/ future in general.

It might or might not be harsh, but Jolley seems to have sleepwalked into a situation whereby his job could well be on the line budget or no budget.
Posted by: Bigdog, April 20, 2019, 9:48pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I'd add RHJ, Davis and Rose to that list. If, and it's a big if, we can attract or afford to sign four or five starters that are markedly better than we've got already, we could knit into a fairly useful side at this level with three or four out of the players mentioned only able to make the bench. Left sided midfielder, a couple of central midfielders and a couple of strikers desperately needed most probably sourced due to our budget from non-league or Championship/League One academies, closer to 20 than 30 years of age with pace and physicality and desperate to prove themselves as a Football League regular starter..
Print page generated: April 26, 2024, 5:04pm