Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Poll Data Not Available with Printable Version
Posted by: Les Brechin, April 17, 2019, 2:47pm
Sorry to make a post which has absolutely nothing to do with Town but I was just wondering who we all wanted to win tonight.

I have included a "don't give a f**k" option.  ;)
Posted by: Ipswin, April 17, 2019, 2:49pm; Reply: 1
Quoted from Les Brechin
Sorry to make a post which has absolutely nothing to do with Town but I was just wondering who we all wanted to win tonight.

I have included a "don't give a f**k" option.  ;)

Surely this is 'non football'

Posted by: promotion plaice, April 17, 2019, 2:51pm; Reply: 2

Man City to win because they have a better chance of winning the competition than Tottenham and it would p!ss off Man Utd   :)
Posted by: Son of Cod, April 17, 2019, 6:58pm; Reply: 3
Spurs, as I'd like to see Ajax in the final after their hoeroics last nignt and I reckon they'd have a better chance of beating Spurs. But Spurs over City regardless, anyway.
Posted by: pizzzza, April 17, 2019, 7:28pm; Reply: 4
City for me. I know they are not everyone's cup of tea nowadays with all the money that's  involved  but I have a few mates who are very long time supporters. I hope they get through for them.
Posted by: Hagrid, April 17, 2019, 8:06pm; Reply: 5
1-0 Sterling
Posted by: Abdul19, April 17, 2019, 8:11pm; Reply: 6
Dull start
Posted by: promotion plaice, April 17, 2019, 8:16pm; Reply: 7

WOW.....2-2 after 11 mins.....I've now turned over from the Liverpool game
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, April 17, 2019, 8:22pm; Reply: 8
Not even going to watch it. It'll be a excrement game.
Posted by: Hagrid, April 17, 2019, 8:24pm; Reply: 9
3/2 city now
Posted by: Les Brechin, April 17, 2019, 8:28pm; Reply: 10
It's Town v Burnley all over again.  :)
Posted by: promotion plaice, April 17, 2019, 8:30pm; Reply: 11

Latest.....Porto 0-1 Liverpool

Porto now need to score 4.
Posted by: Son of Cod, April 17, 2019, 8:38pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from Les Brechin
It's Town v Burnley all over again.  :)

Who can remember the Town scorers without cheating? Pretty sure Kabba got 2, but I can't remember anymore for the life of me. Stuart Campbell maybe?
Posted by: Abdul19, April 17, 2019, 8:39pm; Reply: 13
Livvo, Pouton (pen) and Ford  :)
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, April 17, 2019, 8:42pm; Reply: 14
It is usually the team with the best defence that wins the CL.  So one of the others then.
Posted by: Son of Cod, April 17, 2019, 8:44pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from Abdul19
Livvo, Pouton (pen) and Ford  :)

Fast work there! Just checked and correct. I'm assuming you meant Simon and not Tony Ford too haha.
Posted by: LH, April 17, 2019, 8:45pm; Reply: 16
Missed the first 20 minutes as I was walking the dog. It’s been crap since. Sorry everyone!
Posted by: Abdul19, April 17, 2019, 9:13pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from Son of Cod

Fast work there! Just checked and correct. I'm assuming you meant Simon and not Tony Ford too haha.

Haha yes, although even well into his forties Tony would still have been a lot more reliable!
Posted by: LH, April 17, 2019, 9:39pm; Reply: 18
It’s lazy to say all referees are blind but Peter Walton has all the camera angles in the ground to look at and still somehow thinks that hit Llorente’s knee.
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, April 17, 2019, 9:41pm; Reply: 19
City currently paying the penalty for a passive approach in the first leg.
Posted by: promotion plaice, April 17, 2019, 9:54pm; Reply: 20

What a game....VAR ......WOW
Posted by: Madeleymariner, April 17, 2019, 10:00pm; Reply: 21
Cant argue as a neutral that was entertainment, even if it was in main a bunch of foreign mercenaries
Posted by: Abdul19, April 17, 2019, 10:01pm; Reply: 22
Best game I've seen for a long time 👍
Posted by: blundellpork, April 17, 2019, 10:08pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from LH
It’s lazy to say all referees are blind but Peter Walton has all the camera angles in the ground to look at and still somehow thinks that hit Llorente’s knee.

Slight glance off the arm, then in off the hip. Definitely a goal, but quite how he claimed it was his knee I don’t know.

Humdinger of a match, and the late drama of City’s winning goal ruled out.
Posted by: Hagrid, April 17, 2019, 10:16pm; Reply: 24
Vars male masturbation. What a way to ruin an atmosphere
Posted by: marinerdazza, April 17, 2019, 10:21pm; Reply: 25
That was more like an 80s middleweight boxing match. Absolutely superb entertainment. Ajax will tear Spurs a new bottom in the semi though.
Posted by: LH, April 17, 2019, 10:29pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from Hagrid
Vars male masturbation. What a way to ruin an atmosphere

Yes. Very cruel to ruin Man City’s one moment of atmosphere this season like that.
Posted by: GrimRob, April 17, 2019, 10:45pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from Madeleymariner
Cant argue as a neutral that was entertainment, even if it was in main a bunch of foreign mercenaries

Five England Internationals and most of the players have been at their club for years, unlike our division where players move around a lot more often than at the top.
Posted by: GrimRob, April 17, 2019, 10:47pm; Reply: 28
Quoted from marinerdazza
That was more like an 80s middleweight boxing match. Absolutely superb entertainment. Ajax will tear Spurs a new bottom in the semi though.

Ajax in the semis has to be the best pass to the final since Croatia.
Posted by: Madeleymariner, April 17, 2019, 11:35pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from GrimRob

Five England Internationals and most of the players have been at their club for years, unlike our division where players move around a lot more often than at the top.

Less than 25% of the 22 that started or were on the pitch when it finished I would guess.
Posted by: supertown, April 18, 2019, 6:53am; Reply: 30
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
Not even going to watch it. It'll be a excrement game.

That’s so far off the mark it’s funny
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, April 18, 2019, 8:32am; Reply: 31
Quoted from supertown

That’s so far off the mark it’s funny

I'm a real football fan so I watched the entire 90 miutes of an old goalless draw between Bromley and Maidstone on Youtube. It was dreadful and the standard appauling but at least it was proper and they were all English probably.
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, April 18, 2019, 8:51am; Reply: 32

I'm a real football fan so I watched the entire 90 miutes of an old goalless draw between Bromley and Maidstone on Youtube. It was dreadful and the standard appauling but at least it was proper and they were all English probably.

;D ;D

Posted by: KingstonMariner, April 18, 2019, 10:03am; Reply: 33
Quoted from GrimRob

When you earn as much aas that you don't need to move around for a slightly better travel allowance.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, April 18, 2019, 10:05am; Reply: 34

The Kent Derby! Can't believe I missed it.
Posted by: GrimRob, April 18, 2019, 10:14am; Reply: 35
Quoted from KingstonMariner

When you earn as much as that you don't need to move around for a slightly better travel allowance.

It's true but all footballers are mercenaries, as are all of us who are employees.  Everyone will move to a better-paid job given half the chance. But if anyone can claim to love the clubs they used to play for, it surely has to be the ones who stayed there for a number of years (like our Maccas). I very much doubt that players who spent one year of their 17-year career at Blundell Park look immediately at our results and league position at 5pm on a Saturday. On the other hand, those who spent 5+ years playing for Man City or Spurs (even if it is partly because there are no better-paying jobs open to them) will probably during that time form a genuine bond with that team, which is much rarer at our level.
Posted by: Abdul19, April 18, 2019, 10:23am; Reply: 36
I know for a fact that James Lawson has a Mariners World subscription, or whatever it's called these days.
Print page generated: April 20, 2024, 5:37pm