Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, April 16, 2019, 9:59pm
The changing of the guard.  Youth completely outplayed Juve in the second half.  They could easily have scored 6 goals after the break.  A joy to watch.

If they can score away goals so easily, then City or Spurs are at serious risk.

CR7 eclipsed for once.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, April 16, 2019, 10:09pm; Reply: 1
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
The changing of the guard.  Youth completely outplayed Juve in the second half.  They could easily have scored 6 goals after the break.  A joy to watch.

If they can score away goals so easily, then City or Spurs are at serious risk.

CR7 eclipsed for once.

CR7 = Thornton Heath. Crystal Palace are not in the Champions League are they or have I done a Rip van Winkel?
Posted by: Abdul19, April 16, 2019, 10:34pm; Reply: 2
Ronaldo AND Man U going out of Europe on the same night really is first class entertainment.
Posted by: promotion plaice, April 16, 2019, 11:04pm; Reply: 3

Yeah, I watched all the game. Wouldn't be surprised if Ajax won the whole thing on their recent performances in the competition.

I didn't bother watching the Man U game as I never expected them to turn it around against Barcelona.
Posted by: Davec, April 17, 2019, 7:14am; Reply: 4
Ajax have a terrific young team but unfortunately I find it highly likely in the summer the team will be completely broken up as top clubs sign their best players.
Posted by: promotion plaice, April 17, 2019, 9:37am; Reply: 5
Quoted from Davec
Ajax have a terrific young team but unfortunately I find it highly likely in the summer the team will be completely broken up as top clubs sign their best players.

I thought this was an interesting read......

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/09/sports/champions-league-ajax-madrid.html
Posted by: Les Brechin, April 17, 2019, 9:43am; Reply: 6
A fellow Town fan and friend of mine was in Madrid with his work when they played their 2nd leg of the last 16 against Real and went to the game.

He said that they were on another level that night and it'll take a very, very good team to beat them over 2 games this season.
Posted by: Son of Cod, April 17, 2019, 9:57am; Reply: 7
Watched it in a Dutch bar with a few mates who are Amsterdam fans and it was brilliant. Will definitely be going back for the semi. Ajax were brilliant. Who does everyone want to see in the final? I reckon Ajax v Liverpool could be decent. Hopefully Spurs can put City out tonight, as I reckon Ajax'll have a better chance against them. Teams like Spurs and Ajax emerging is what the CL needs. Can't see this Ajax team not being picked apart like Monaco and err Shrewsbury in recent seasons though, unfortunately.
Posted by: Abdul19, April 17, 2019, 12:28pm; Reply: 8
Yeah, Frenkie de Jong has already signed for Barcelona.
Posted by: Mariner Timsky, April 17, 2019, 1:49pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from Abdul19
Yeah, Frenkie de Jong has already signed for Barcelona.

Wow really??

Lets hope they dont get what is a very talented team picked apart

Sure I heard last night that 5 of the starting 11 where not even born when they last reached the Semi's
Posted by: Hagrid, April 17, 2019, 1:57pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from Son of Cod
Watched it in a Dutch bar with a few mates who are Amsterdam fans and it was brilliant. Will definitely be going back for the semi. Ajax were brilliant. Who does everyone want to see in the final? I reckon Ajax v Liverpool could be decent. Hopefully Spurs can put City out tonight, as I reckon Ajax'll have a better chance against them. Teams like Spurs and Ajax emerging is what the CL needs. Can't see this Ajax team not being picked apart like Monaco and err Shrewsbury in recent seasons though, unfortunately.

anyone but Liverpool, not spurs, hopefully Barca Ajax
Posted by: Abdul19, April 17, 2019, 2:06pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from Mariner Timsky

Wow really??

Lets hope they dont get what is a very talented team picked apart

Sure I heard last night that 5 of the starting 11 where not even born when they last reached the Semi's

Aye, agreed in January. €75m I think.

Edit: https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/jan/23/frenkie-de-jong-barcelona-transfer-news-ajax
Posted by: promotion plaice, April 17, 2019, 2:46pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from Hagrid

anyone but Liverpool, not spurs, hopefully Barca Ajax

Hopefully two English clubs will reach the final to guarantee an English club wins it.

I could never support a foreign club over an English one.

Posted by: devs, April 17, 2019, 2:57pm; Reply: 13
Cue the classic English arrogance of 'Spurs or Man City already have one foot in the final'

Posted by: Meza, April 17, 2019, 7:59pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from Abdul19

I think they have also agreed to sign one of their defenders, cant remember the name, I think he scored in the CL recently.
Posted by: Son of Cod, April 17, 2019, 8:42pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from Meza

I think they have also agreed to sign one of their defenders, cant remember the name, I think he scored in the CL recently.

De Ligt. Everyone is after him apparently. VVD is trying to convince him to go to Liverpool, Barca have reportedly offered Juve one of their players (can't remember who) if they drop their interest...everyone is getting in a bit of a frenzy over him!
Posted by: Abdul19, April 17, 2019, 8:43pm; Reply: 16
Shame his first name isn't Sonny
Posted by: Manchester Mariner, April 18, 2019, 12:39pm; Reply: 17
Ronald De Boer was on 5Live last night and when asked about money rich teams buying up their players he responded saying their current under 16 team is one of the best he has seen. I've no allegiance to any English club involved in the champions league and hope Ajax win it all.
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, April 18, 2019, 1:04pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from promotion plaice

Hopefully two English clubs will reach the final to guarantee an English club wins it.

I could never support a foreign club over an English one.

I'm totally ambivalent as to who wins the Champs League

If it's a British club with loads of non-domestic players or a foreign club with some Brit superstar(s) running the show, it's all the same to me.   ::)
Posted by: promotion plaice, April 18, 2019, 9:06pm; Reply: 19

It's looking like Chelsea and Arsenal are going to reach the Europa league semi-finals tonight as it stands.

I wonder what the odds are on an all English Champions League and Europa League final.
Posted by: chaos33, April 18, 2019, 10:48pm; Reply: 20
Dunno but I'm quietly confident about my Ajax/Frankfurt CL/EL double at a big price.
Posted by: Abdul19, April 19, 2019, 7:39am; Reply: 21
Fully expect Chelsea to win the Europa League then sack Sarri
Print page generated: March 28, 2024, 12:34pm