Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: RoboCod, April 13, 2019, 6:38pm
..been a while hasn't it?

"Barnsley striker Cauley Woodrow tweeted that Joey Barton, the Fleetwood manager, confronted his Barnsley counterpart, Daniel Stendel, after the game, which ended 4-2 to the home team. The tweet has since been deleted.

Woodrow, who scored his side’s second goal, alleged that Barton had left Stendel with “blood pouring from his face.”

Posted by: jamesgtfc, April 13, 2019, 6:42pm; Reply: 1
Surprised it took him 41 games to be fair.
Posted by: grimsby pete, April 13, 2019, 6:42pm; Reply: 2
On the BBC website that police are investigating tha assault,

I think the EFL will act as well.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, April 13, 2019, 6:46pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from grimsby pete
On the BBC website that police are investigating tha assault,

I think the EFL will act as well.

The EFL will do EFA ....
Posted by: Gaffer58, April 13, 2019, 7:30pm; Reply: 4
Out of interest, why are the police interested, we have all seen blatant acts of violence " on the field" which might get either a yellow or red card, but the police don't get involved.
Posted by: grimsby pete, April 13, 2019, 7:42pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from Gaffer58
Out of interest, why are the police interested, we have all seen blatant acts of violence " on the field" which might get either a yellow or red card, but the police don't get involved.

It happened in the tunnel and police had to drag him off so I suppose the policeman had to put a report in to his superiors.
Posted by: Poojah, April 13, 2019, 7:42pm; Reply: 6
There’s something not right in that man’s brain. The sad thing is, if you’re prepared to listen to him, he actually is reasonably intelligent and articulate. But that all counts for nothing if there are moments where you are unable to control yourself.

He’d been doing pretty well, perhaps surprisingly so, as a manager and I’d wondered if he’d put the idiocy behind him but evidently not and you’d now imagine that he’s thrown any chance of a career in the game straight down the shítter.

Fúcking bravo!
Posted by: marinerdazza, April 13, 2019, 7:53pm; Reply: 7
I wonder if he’ll be philosophical about it.
Posted by: RoboCod, April 13, 2019, 7:56pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from Poojah
There’s something not right in that man’s brain. The sad thing is, if you’re prepared to listen to him, he actually is reasonably intelligent and articulate. But that all counts for nothing if there are moments where you are unable to control yourself.

He’d been doing pretty well, perhaps surprisingly so, as a manager and I’d wondered if he’d put the idiocy behind him but evidently not and you’d now imagine that he’s thrown any chance of a career in the game straight down the shítter.

Fúcking bravo!

Same here, on the field he was open to being riled up, elbowed and generally provoked into seeing the red mist, but off the field he has every chance to take a breath and count to 5 and, unlike on the field of play just walk away.  Short of some counseling/anger management he has no place in the game at any level if these allegations are true.
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, April 13, 2019, 8:07pm; Reply: 9
Funny thing is - it’s never his fault is it?
Posted by: The Boys Paddock, April 13, 2019, 8:56pm; Reply: 10
His Dad Frank.....wont be happy
Posted by: golfer, April 13, 2019, 9:36pm; Reply: 11
He is definitely an rsole , maybe that's why he was able to broadcast Gary Linekers sexuality
Posted by: RichMariner, April 13, 2019, 9:55pm; Reply: 12
This kind of stupidity totally undermines anything sensible he might have to say.

Someone, somewhere, might still give him a chance in the game. More fool them. He's a ticking time bomb and nothing philosophical he can say will change the fact that, deep down, he's just a scumbag.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, April 13, 2019, 10:01pm; Reply: 13
He's just passionate 🤔
Posted by: promotion plaice, April 13, 2019, 10:10pm; Reply: 14

He still assisted in one of my favourite moments in football when he got sent-off against Man City and QPR couldn't hold out with ten men so City won the title.

The look on Alex Ferguson's face at Sunderland was brilliant......"not in my lifetime".

Posted by: moosey_club, April 13, 2019, 10:50pm; Reply: 15
Funny thing is - it’s never his fault is it?

Scouser.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, April 13, 2019, 11:27pm; Reply: 16
I thought It was hilarious when he signed for Rangers and went on National Radio and said how much he’d own Scott Brown in the first Old Firm game.

As it happened Brown who’s a bottom half Championship player at best made Barton look stupid......... as if Joey wasn’t competent enough to do that himself?
Posted by: Rick12, April 14, 2019, 7:38am; Reply: 17
Quoted from RoboCod
..been a while hasn't it?

"Barnsley striker Cauley Woodrow tweeted that Joey Barton, the Fleetwood manager, confronted his Barnsley counterpart, Daniel Stendel, after the game, which ended 4-2 to the home team. The tweet has since been deleted.

Woodrow, who scored his side’s second goal, alleged that Barton had left Stendel with “blood pouring from his face.”

From what Ive read Joey came from a tough deprived background in Liverpool.Hence explains in part  the later problems he's had in life .Hence poor foundations growing up makes it more likely for people to go astray .

Posted by: topuphere666, April 14, 2019, 8:46am; Reply: 18
Quoted from Rick12
From what Ive read Joey came from a tough deprived background in Liverpool.Hence explains in part  the later problems he's had in life .Hence poor foundations growing up makes it more likely for people to go astray .

I get that sentiment and working in that area of life I see it, but come on. Barton has made a decent career for himself and will have received all the support in the world to support him with his anger and other issues. He cannot keep doing this kinda thing!
Posted by: golfer, April 14, 2019, 9:02am; Reply: 19
Spoilt
Posted by: Rick12, April 14, 2019, 9:18am; Reply: 20
Quoted from topuphere666

I get that sentiment and working in that area of life I see it, but come on. Barton has made a decent career for himself and will have received all the support in the world to support him with his anger and other issues. He cannot keep doing this kinda thing!
I agree if people do wrong they need to be punished but I think most people are  not born bad.
Posted by: topuphere666, April 14, 2019, 1:00pm; Reply: 21
Early years and role models are key in life. That’s common sense, I agree JB may have had a tough childhood but he’s worked under some good managers and will have been around positive people in His life for a long long time to still bang on about a childhood etc.. that’s if he does? I don’t know. I don’t care for the guy.

What he did needs punishing by the law and by the football club. You cannot go around battering people because things don’t go your way - excrement childhood or not.
Posted by: Ipswin, April 14, 2019, 1:02pm; Reply: 22
The game needs a few colourful characters, bad news if everyone was as grey as Jolley
Posted by: bluerose13x, April 14, 2019, 2:27pm; Reply: 23

There's being colourful, but then there's being violent thuggish idiot a couple of times too often without looking that he'll change.

People can and do make mistakes in life. That's fine and understandable.

Get involved in repeat incidents, unforgiveable. Learning process of being able to control oneself.
Posted by: Ipswin, April 14, 2019, 3:13pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from bluerose13x

There's being colourful, but then there's being violent thuggish idiot a couple of times too often without looking that he'll change.

People can and do make mistakes in life. That's fine and understandable.

Get involved in repeat incidents, unforgiveable. Learning process of being able to control oneself.

I expect he's as drunk off about it as you are. He's done an amazing job when, like Campbell, everyone thought he would, and many wanted him to fail. He has been the most successful 'virgin' manager and may have thrown it all away in a moment of anger through being over passionate. I'm surprised more rival managers (and referees) don't get a smack, I'd certainly not blame Warnock if he chinned the odd ref.
Just hope Barton keeps his job
Posted by: Heisenberg, April 14, 2019, 3:16pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from Ipswin
The game needs a few colourful characters, bad news if everyone was as grey as Jolley

Well God forbid the World be full of good people, eh? I’d rather have Jolley as a manager any day. And if he was a friend or family member you’d choose him 10 times out of 10 against Barton, who is unmistakably a scumbag.

Everyone deserves a second chance, but Barton has had dozens. His time in football is up, people like Jolley are the future. Southgate is a similar character to MJ, and Barton will NEVER get plaudits like he gets. Rightly so, too. I couldn’t care less if he had a tough upbringing, he’s no longer a kid.
Posted by: promotion plaice, April 14, 2019, 3:26pm; Reply: 26

It's a shame Barton didn't choose one of his interests in boxing for a career.....I wonder how that would have gone.
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, April 14, 2019, 3:27pm; Reply: 27
Remember when he was so passionate he stubbed a cigar out on that youth team player's eye? What a colourful character he is!
Posted by: Stadium, April 14, 2019, 4:05pm; Reply: 28
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
Remember when he was so passionate he stubbed a cigar out on that youth team player's eye? What a colourful character he is!

Or when he was jailed after punching his victim 20 times when he was lying on the floor and attacking a 16yr old??
Or attacking a team mate and ending up in court??

Absolute scumbag,end of.

Posted by: RoboCod, April 14, 2019, 4:31pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from Ipswin

And yet you never showed Rob Scott any love. Seem to remember you saw him as 'undisciplined' (icon_wink)
Posted by: Ipswin, April 14, 2019, 4:50pm; Reply: 30
Quoted from RoboCod

And yet you never showed Rob Scott any love. Seem to remember you saw him as 'undisciplined' (icon_wink)

Who is Rob Scott?

Posted by: Mariner93er, April 14, 2019, 4:51pm; Reply: 31
I've read some excrement on here before, but insinuating that the game needs Bartons after what he's alleged to have done really is up there.
Posted by: chrissy, April 14, 2019, 5:36pm; Reply: 32
The fish are biting well today Swin.
Posted by: Ipswin, April 14, 2019, 5:47pm; Reply: 33
Quoted from chrissy
The fish are biting well today Swin.

Hi mate long time no hear from

Yes I've broken two rods already, some nice big bites, six Holier Than Thous and two Politically Corrects, shock horror!
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, April 14, 2019, 6:00pm; Reply: 34
Quoted from Ipswin

Who is Rob Scott?

Barton's agent?

Posted by: promotion plaice, April 14, 2019, 6:48pm; Reply: 35

I reckon Ipswin has done a deal with Barton to write his autobiography   ;)
Posted by: Ipswin, April 14, 2019, 8:49pm; Reply: 36
Quoted from promotion plaice

I reckon Ipswin has done a deal with Barton to write his autobiography   ;)

I think it would be sporting fiction or even fantasy rather than an autobiography after all according to some he did start WWII, eat children, bite the heads off Easter chicks and vote remain didn't he?

Posted by: promotion plaice, April 14, 2019, 8:54pm; Reply: 37
Quoted from Ipswin

I think it would be sporting fiction or even fantasy rather than an autobiography after all according to some he did start WWII, eat children, bite the heads off Easter chicks and vote remain didn't he?

If he voted remain then he must have a screw loose.

Posted by: Maringer, April 15, 2019, 9:36am; Reply: 38
His autobiography was published the other year and was actually very well-reviewed.

Unfortunately, for somebody who is otherwise relatively intelligent, he's just not able to stop himself acting like a helmet in the heat of the moment. The heat of the moment being caused by, well, anything really.
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, April 15, 2019, 11:11am; Reply: 39
Quoted from Maringer
His autobiography was published the other year and was actually very well-reviewed.

Unfortunately, for somebody who is otherwise relatively intelligent, he's just not able to stop himself acting like a helmet in the heat of the moment. The heat of the moment being caused by, well, anything really.

Oh yes he’s very bright. He never mentioned the war.

Posted by: Madeleymariner, April 15, 2019, 12:47pm; Reply: 40
What is it about people from Widnes wanting to hit people
Posted by: grimsby pete, April 16, 2019, 9:43am; Reply: 41
By all accounts he 1st punched him then nutted him and then grabbed him by the throat

BUT

He did not mean to hurt him it was accidental.

Good job he got pulled off him or it might have got serious.
Print page generated: April 20, 2024, 2:48pm