Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: promotion plaice, April 9, 2019, 7:33pm

Obviously the big game of the night is Macclesfield v Exeter......if Macclesfield win they will move out of the league 2 relegation places leaving Notts County and Yeovil playing catch up.
Posted by: Meza, April 9, 2019, 7:40pm; Reply: 1
Quoted from promotion plaice

Obviously the big game of the night is Macclesfield v Exeter......if Macclesfield win they will move out of the league 2 relegation places leaving Notts County and Yeovil playing catch up.

that's who i predicted to go down i think, if Macc win.  ;)

Posted by: promotion plaice, April 9, 2019, 7:47pm; Reply: 2

The new Tottenham stadium looks magnificent.....can we have a smaller version Mr Fenty   :)
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, April 9, 2019, 8:17pm; Reply: 3

The new Tottenham stadium looks magnificent.....can we have a smaller version Mr Fenty   :)

If our gates keep shrinking we will be building it with Lego.

Posted by: promotion plaice, April 9, 2019, 8:17pm; Reply: 4

Exeter take the lead at Macclesfield.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, April 9, 2019, 8:43pm; Reply: 5

Just a Lego version would be a start
Posted by: promotion plaice, April 9, 2019, 8:51pm; Reply: 6

Liverpool lucky they didn't concede a penalty and in the Tottenham game Man City awarded a penalty (missed)........the VAR controversy will roll on.
Posted by: buckstown, April 9, 2019, 9:00pm; Reply: 7
The Tottenham penalty looked an appalling decision to me
Posted by: Doctor Sanchez, April 9, 2019, 9:03pm; Reply: 8
VAR isn't the problem.  VAR is just further highlighting the already existing problem of referees applying the laws differently.  Either the laws need changing/clarifying or referees all need to be retrained to ensure consistent implementation of the laws.  
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, April 9, 2019, 9:08pm; Reply: 9
Leyton Orient losing at home at HT.  Opens up for Salford, Solihull or Fyde going up automatically. Wrexham have fallen back slightly in a very tight race.

Do not want money-bags Salford and backers to join us.  They may overtake us as well.
Posted by: promotion plaice, April 9, 2019, 9:09pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
Leyton Orient losing at home at HT.  Opens up for Salford, Solihull or Fyde going up automatically. Wrexham have fallen back slightly in a very tight race.

Do not want money-bags Salford and backers to join us.  They may overtake us as well.

Leyton Orient now winning

Posted by: promotion plaice, April 9, 2019, 9:13pm; Reply: 11

Leeds take the lead at Preston.......could it be their season to finally return to the Prem.
Posted by: Posh Harry, April 9, 2019, 9:29pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from Doctor Sanchez
VAR isn't the problem.  VAR is just further highlighting the already existing problem of referees applying the laws differently.  Either the laws need changing/clarifying or referees all need to be retrained to ensure consistent implementation of the laws.  

In this case the referee was applying the law as every referee was instructed to by their bosses. I think most would agree it should not have been a penalty, but the referee has been told that he should give a penalty for that type thing, whether we like it or not. You can’t blame the referees. He is a paid professional. If he defies the people who pay him, it’s not a great career move.
Posted by: arryarryarry, April 9, 2019, 9:31pm; Reply: 13
Stockport County winning 5-0 at Chester to go to the top of National League North.

Still getting decent crowds.
Posted by: promotion plaice, April 9, 2019, 9:36pm; Reply: 14

Latest.......Macclesfield 3-2 Exeter
Posted by: promotion plaice, April 9, 2019, 9:47pm; Reply: 15

FT.......Macclesfield 3-2 Exeter.

Macclesfield leapfrog Notts County and Yeovil to move out of the relegation places.
Posted by: arryarryarry, April 9, 2019, 9:51pm; Reply: 16

FT.......Macclesfield 3-2 Exeter.

Macclesfield leapfrog Notts County and Yeovil to move out of the relegation places.

I'd much rather Macc stay up than Yeovil.
Posted by: RonMariner, April 9, 2019, 10:52pm; Reply: 17
Impressive win for Macc who are now ten points behind us with 5 games left....mmm. If they do Barnet they could catch us.

Unlikely I know, but I'll sleep a little easier once we are mathematically safe.

If we loose at Morecambe that gap might start shrinking alarmingly. And if we can't avoid defeat there, then where can we?
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, April 10, 2019, 3:47am; Reply: 18
If we can't get another win in the last remaining games there is something seriously wrong.
Posted by: Abdul19, April 10, 2019, 7:04am; Reply: 19
Quoted from RonMariner
Impressive win for Macc who are now ten points behind us with 5 games left....mmm. If they do Barnet they could catch us.

One of Notts/Yeovil would have to do even more too though.
Posted by: Les Brechin, April 10, 2019, 7:22am; Reply: 20
Quoted from RonMariner

Unlikely I know, but I'll sleep a little easier once we are mathematically safe.

If we loose at Morecambe that gap might start shrinking alarmingly. And if we can't avoid defeat there, then where can we?

Only 1500 at Macc last night for such an important game and I would have thought Exeter would have had over 100.

Seems that the Macc public don't seem much bothered about their football team.
Posted by: Stew0_0, April 10, 2019, 7:41am; Reply: 21
Bet Crawley are watching over there shoulders too now. 4 straight defeats and If they lose away at Yeovil on saturday they too are right in the dog fight
Print page generated: April 28, 2024, 9:18am