Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: 140067 (Guest), April 6, 2019, 7:57pm
Thought the officials were better than the usual dross we normally get.
Posted by: promotion plaice, April 6, 2019, 8:02pm; Reply: 1
Quoted from 140067

I'm feeling more optimistic for next season now   8)

Posted by: MuddyWaters, April 6, 2019, 8:50pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from 140067

Whoopy do, we’ve not won in 8 but the officials were decent. They were certainly quicker than our stretcher team to be fair.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, April 6, 2019, 9:14pm; Reply: 3
I know this will get red crossed to oblivion as I didn't say to endure the full torture that was today's "performance" but the only plus is I left early and got into the house before 8pm tonight.

Posted by: promotion plaice, April 6, 2019, 9:17pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from HertsGTFC
I know this will get red crossed to oblivion as I didn't say to endure the full torture that was today's "performance" but the only plus is I left early and got into the house before 8pm tonight.

No red cross from me.....I left early as well mate.

Posted by: Northbank Mariner, April 6, 2019, 9:18pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Performance??..you taking the urine??.. I've see better performances at me sons nativity plays!..at least they tried to entertain!!
Posted by: RonMariner, April 6, 2019, 11:22pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from 140067

Shame the same can't be said about the team........
Posted by: arryarryarry, April 7, 2019, 5:16am; Reply: 7
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Whoopy do, we’ve not won in 8 but the officials were decent. They were certainly quicker than our stretcher team to be fair.

I thought that was our substitutes bringing it on.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, April 7, 2019, 8:28am; Reply: 8
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

Performance??..you taking the urine??.. I've see better performances at me sons nativity plays!..at least they tried to entertain!!

That’s why it’s inverted commas to denote sarcasm.

Posted by: FishOutOfWater, April 8, 2019, 12:48pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Just wondering how their lad, Ilias Chair, was doing.... after all the shenanigans with the "emergency services" not getting to him that quickly, I was worried he might not make it past Saturday night, the way he was writhing   ;)

Looking in to it a bit further, it seems that their manager thinks it was a targeted "hit job" on their player....  ::)

https://www.thecomet.net/sport/football/stevenage-boss-dino-maamria-unhappy-at-targeting-of-ilias-chair-as-qpr-loanee-picks-up-ankle-injury-during-2-0-win-at-grimsby-1-5982187

There must have been quite some intent on the part of our player ( not sure who it was ) because not only did he do Chair's ankle but the "assault" injured his thigh too!  ;)
Posted by: Maringer, April 8, 2019, 2:07pm; Reply: 10
I was quite impressed with their physio - he must have covered more distance than half of their players, given the number of times he was on and off the pitch to tend to their 'injured' players. Must have been very good at his job as well given the way most of them recovered after enough time had been wasted.

Comical to claim that the player was 'targeted' as it was clearly just an accidental collision in a challenge. If we'd targeted him (and we wouldn't because we're not that sort of a team), it would have been done before he set up their goals! And no, he's not the best player in the division.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, April 8, 2019, 10:15pm; Reply: 11
Not more whining cheating southern cnuts again.
Print page generated: May 4, 2024, 10:52pm