Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: promotion plaice, April 3, 2019, 10:25pm

As I understand it our existing floodlights will be no more in the summer.

Anyone heard/know what type our new ones will be ?

I assume they will be either the ones attached to the stand roofs or the shorter ones now on top of a single pylon still in the corners.
Posted by: Doctor Sanchez, April 4, 2019, 7:43am; Reply: 1
The club has decided to keep us in the dark about this one.
Posted by: golfer, April 4, 2019, 8:07am; Reply: 2
Tea lights from Candles Direct-free postage if registered for Prime.
Posted by: gtfcmd, April 4, 2019, 8:22am; Reply: 3
probably giving each fan a wind up light https://www.qvsdirect.com/13-led-heady-duty-wind-up-torch?utm_source=google&utm_medium=googleshopping&utm_campaign=googlebase&gclid=Cj0KCQjw1pblBRDSARIsACfUG10Fhxj3-FX3QE5BZ53QFZiBEE-wknU5hYdcGaEk2OF3a-TqFJAv2hkaAmSJEALw_wcB
Posted by: NorthseaMariner, April 4, 2019, 9:35am; Reply: 4
Park your cars around the pitch, with your headlights on.
That solves two problems, the floodlight issue and parking around Blundell Park. 😎
Posted by: Perkins, April 4, 2019, 10:36am; Reply: 5
From what I have heard there will be some lights on them.
Posted by: MarinerMal, April 4, 2019, 12:33pm; Reply: 6
Fans are being asked to being their fully charged mobile phones to games and to download the offical Grimsby Town Floodlight App. This will turn their phone into a torch for the duration of the game.

Safety notice: Please only point your phone at the pitch not at other fans (unless we are losing then opposition fans are fair game!)
Posted by: rancido, April 4, 2019, 7:25pm; Reply: 7
I don't know what the final design will be but I have been told that the complete structures are going complete with the concrete plinths.
Posted by: denni266, April 4, 2019, 8:06pm; Reply: 8
When i was a young lad i helped bag the bolts up in sacks so they could be pulled up to the workers. prob got in the way more like. i lived in harrington st right behind the pontoon / main stand light . will be a sad day for me when they come down  :'(
Posted by: AdamHaddock, April 5, 2019, 6:11am; Reply: 9
We'll just play all games at lunchtime
Posted by: KingstonMariner, April 5, 2019, 1:00pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from AdamHaddock
We'll just play all games at lunchtime

All games to be played down south then?  ;)
Posted by: tintowner, April 5, 2019, 2:10pm; Reply: 11
My mate works for a Lincoln crane hire company and by all accounts they have been tasked with providing a crane for the removal........ and yes...  .he supports the gimps.
Posted by: Davec, April 5, 2019, 2:18pm; Reply: 12
It was on Look North the other day and it was mentioned a Crane is coming in and the Pylons are going to be cut into smaller parts and then put in a skip to be taken away
Posted by: tintowner, April 5, 2019, 2:26pm; Reply: 13
I also drive a crane for a living, and he knows that i am a town fan. He was gloating whilst informing me.
Posted by: Civvy at last, April 5, 2019, 2:38pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from tintowner
I also drive a crane for a living, and he knows that i am a town fan. He was gloating whilst informing me.

I’m guessing he was prepared to pay a couple of quid more than you for the exclusive GTFC  â€˜crane’ experience  ;)
Posted by: tintowner, April 5, 2019, 3:12pm; Reply: 15
Although I live in immingham,  the crane firm I work for is based in Scunthorpe......which would be even worse.
Posted by: bluerose13x, April 5, 2019, 5:05pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from Davec
It was on Look North the other day and it was mentioned a Crane is coming in and the Pylons are going to be cut into smaller parts and then put in a skip to be taken away

I wouldn't mind having a bit from the old floodlights to be honest

Print page generated: May 4, 2024, 3:19pm