Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: brigg_mariner, April 3, 2019, 12:57pm
I see voting is now available for Player of the Year Awards and they will return to McMenemy’s Function Suite following our final home league fixture of the season on Saturday 4th May, with doors opening at 7pm.

I have voted LUKE HENDRIE & REECE HALL-JOHNSON.

UTM
Posted by: Les Brechin, April 3, 2019, 1:07pm; Reply: 1
Shouldn't this really be called POTS?
Posted by: RichMariner, April 3, 2019, 1:20pm; Reply: 2
Tough one. I'm sure McKeown will get a fair few votes - he made two or three smart saves at Oldham but they got lost in a game that we lost in disappointing circumstances.

When we were going well and winning games by the odd goal, he seemed to be making a superb save every game to contribute to the wins.

I think his contribution has been just as valuable as the 12 Wes has stuck in at the other end, for instance.

There are a few players to consider, but no one stands out head and shoulders above the rest. Plus, the team we have now looks very different from the one that started the season.

Hess would be my other candidate. Quietly gone about making himself one of the first names on the team sheet.
Posted by: moosey_club, April 3, 2019, 1:33pm; Reply: 3
Tricky one indeed, no one player has grabbed this by the nuts this season IMO.

My gut reaction/ instinct are that Hess has been consistently the best performer since probably Christmas but prior to that i dont think he was standing out, Embleton had a purple patch once he got in the side but has failed to maintain, most of the defence have been interchanging throughout the season so none really commanding a position , the centre mids and strikers apart from Thomas have been yoyo'd in and out of the side.
I think based on number of appearances and general consistency i would go either Hendrie or Hess.

Posted by: Mariner Timsky, April 3, 2019, 2:01pm; Reply: 4
If Wes wins is he allowed to the event??!!  ::)
Posted by: Son of Cod, April 3, 2019, 3:20pm; Reply: 5
Does anyone know when voting ends?
Posted by: livosnose, April 3, 2019, 7:26pm; Reply: 6
You cannot vote for Embelton for young player so I went for Clifton and Hess
Posted by: promotion plaice, April 3, 2019, 8:11pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from Mariner Timsky
If Wes wins is he allowed to the event??!!  ::)

To save face the club would probably put a second vote back to the people to try and overturn the first   8)

Posted by: RonMariner, April 3, 2019, 8:20pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from promotion plaice

To save face the club would probably put a second vote back to the people to try and overturn the first   8)

Or ask Jeremy Corbyn to decide........
Posted by: TAGG, April 3, 2019, 9:34pm; Reply: 9
McKeown by a street.
Hess and Harry C up there 👍
Posted by: KingstonMariner, April 3, 2019, 11:55pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from RonMariner

Or ask Jeremy Corbyn to decide........

And the event will be pushed back to September.
Posted by: cjbill, April 4, 2019, 8:02am; Reply: 11
I went for Hess for main award and Clifton for young
Posted by: diehardmariner, April 4, 2019, 8:58am; Reply: 12
The four candidates in my head are McKeown, Hendrie, Clifton and Hessenthaler.  Which, with absolute no disrespect to those players but more a reflection of their positions and roles in the team, sums up the problems we've faced this season.

Not sure why Embleton isn't eligible for a vote.  Surely it's no different than having a player eligible who is out of contract and leaves at the end of the season (which was the norm until very recently!)
Posted by: Abdul19, April 4, 2019, 9:57am; Reply: 13
Yeah agreed, it was effectively a season long deal, same as Amond, Santos and Magnay.
Posted by: The Boys Paddock, April 4, 2019, 8:30pm; Reply: 14
Clifton and Clifton for me

Come a long way has Harry this year
Posted by: promotion plaice, April 4, 2019, 8:34pm; Reply: 15

Same here....Clifton for me with McKeown a close second.

Posted by: Hagrid, April 4, 2019, 8:49pm; Reply: 16
Bias for the Grimsby born lad again. Not saying harry hasnt done well but POTY. No chance.
Posted by: Tommy, April 4, 2019, 10:33pm; Reply: 17
Luke Hendrie for me.

Been an excellent signing. No fuss, reliable and consistent. Very rarely makes any kind of mistake. Good quality on the ball and when defending. Done well in both full back positions. Delighted he's contracted beyond this summer.
Posted by: chaos33, April 4, 2019, 10:50pm; Reply: 18
Agree with you Tommy. Consistently high performer, and nobody else, except perhaps Macca can say that this season.

Can't say I think much to giving player of the season to those who's main and often repeated attribute is 'great energy', and not much in the way of actual outputs. My 6 year old has got great energy and covers a lot of ground without scoring, creating or preventing many, so let's get him in....
Posted by: Mariner_501, April 5, 2019, 1:31pm; Reply: 19
Strange that people are saying Hess and Clifton. Both apparently our best players this season but people also moaning about the lack of service from midfield. Doesn’t add up
Posted by: moosey_club, April 5, 2019, 2:00pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from Mariner_501
Strange that people are saying Hess and Clifton. Both apparently our best players this season but people also moaning about the lack of service from midfield. Doesn’t add up

There are different types of midfielder you know.....they are what they are...annoying terriers chasing the ball down and turning over possession, the creativity isn't necessarily what they are in the team for ,  Embleton , Woolford are the more likely candidates selected for "quality" rather than quantity.
The squad is thin on players that can effect the game in that area, players that can hurt opposition defences, that isnt Hess or Harry's fault...thats purely down to the management.
Posted by: geir, April 5, 2019, 8:13pm; Reply: 21
It is Hessenthaler or McKeown for me. They have been consistent in all games this season and deserve it.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, April 5, 2019, 10:54pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from geir
It is Hessenthaler or McKeown for me. They have been consistent in all games this season and deserve it.

This!
Print page generated: May 1, 2024, 9:59pm