Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: gobby, March 29, 2019, 12:58am
Out for 2/3 weeks with a groin problem  8)
UTMM
Posted by: HistonMariner, March 29, 2019, 7:25am; Reply: 1
If so the perfect opportunity to give Vernam an extended run - who if there is doubts about lasting 90 minutes ,provides Akheem with oppertunity.

I would like to see Vernam with Dennis given a run - if there is a chance of Dennis being here next year.

In every cloud there is a silver lining.
Posted by: golfer, March 29, 2019, 8:31am; Reply: 2
No way can you leave Thomas out - we would have the smallest attacking force in the history of football
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, March 29, 2019, 9:04am; Reply: 3
Quoted from golfer
No way can you leave Thomas out - we would have the smallest attacking force in the history of football

I dunno about that, Firminho, Salah and Mane are hardly giants!!!šŸ™„šŸ™„
Posted by: Mariner_09, March 29, 2019, 9:33am; Reply: 4
Reckon Ageuro, Sterling and Sane/Mahrez are even smaller! šŸ˜‚
Posted by: arryarryarry, March 29, 2019, 9:46am; Reply: 5
Quoted from golfer

Thomas has been pretty ineffective in recent games and according to my source won't be here next season so time to give the other players a chance irrespective of their size.
Posted by: RonMariner, March 29, 2019, 1:04pm; Reply: 6
Really like to see what Dennis can offer. Maybe give him a few starts. Though I suspect MJ has seen enough in training to form a view on weather it's worth trying to secure him for next season.
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, March 29, 2019, 1:47pm; Reply: 7
Dennis looked absolutely useless at Crawley. After all the excitement about his signing I was expecting far more . Maybe needs a pre season but wouldnā€™t be surprised to see him go elsewhere
Posted by: chaos33, March 29, 2019, 4:24pm; Reply: 8
Will be disappointed if Thomas doesn't stay
Posted by: Lincoln Mariner 56, March 29, 2019, 5:42pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from chaos33
Will be disappointed if Thomas doesn't stay

Like any player will not be missed if we sign a better quality striker to replace him. IMO he has been ok but nothing too special although have to admit he has often had to Plough a lone furrow up front alone.

I think we need someone who is a little more physical who can hold the ball up and at least win one header per game from a Macca goal kick!!

All comes down to which style MJ wants to adopt and if he has plans to play two up top and alongside each other as opposed to current system whereby only time Cook is near Thomas is at kick off
Posted by: HertsGTFC, March 29, 2019, 7:55pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from gobby
Out for 2/3 weeks with a groin problem  8)
UTMM

Step forward Akheem Rose....... Christian Dennis, Charlie Vernam or Harry Cardwell.

Though Iā€™m not sure itā€™s the right thing to say and I feel for the lads but the injuries to Embleton and Cook might just make our ā€œdepthā€ a bit more stronger.
Posted by: golfer, March 29, 2019, 7:59pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Step forward Akheem Rose....... Christian Dennis, Charlie Vernam or Harry Cardwell.

Though Iā€™m not sure itā€™s the right thing to say and I feel for the lads but the injuries to Embleton and Cook might just make our ā€œdepthā€ a bit more stronger.

We need better
Posted by: forza ivano, March 30, 2019, 1:00am; Reply: 12
Quoted from golfer

We need better

Maybe do but with the 85th worst budget i the league we don't have that many choices
Posted by: scott_gtfc_89, March 30, 2019, 4:02am; Reply: 13
From the service Thomas has got most of the season he hasnā€™t done to bad to score 12 or whatever goals it is,

With a couple of good signings in summer in the attacking apartment and if Wes stays I can definalty see him scoring more goals next season than this season if we get rid of the bad patches like this season.
Posted by: Maringer, March 30, 2019, 2:17pm; Reply: 14
Oddly enough, I think Thomas played his best stuff for us when he was up front leading the line on his own. Not really his game, but his goal return shows he's a good player at this level.

He has looked a bit off it over the past month or two so perhaps he is going to be leaving in the summer as rumoured. Alternatively, he could just be knackered as he didn't have a proper pre-season and it was very hard work for him playing up top on his own.
Posted by: Gtfc8279, March 30, 2019, 4:37pm; Reply: 15
Wes Thomas is leaving end of season. Going home back down south to wife and kids

Dennis is wanted but has offers from at least three other clubs as well as us
Posted by: MuddyWaters, March 30, 2019, 9:42pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from Gtfc8279
Wes Thomas is leaving end of season. Going home back down south to wife and kids

Dennis is wanted but has offers from at least three other clubs as well as us

Not convinced by Dennis at all. If he canā€™t replace Cook in the starting 11, I canā€™t think heā€™s good enough.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, March 30, 2019, 9:52pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Not convinced by Dennis at all. If he canā€™t replace Cook in the starting 11, I canā€™t think heā€™s good enough.

His record would suggest heā€™s good enough his cameos illustrate heā€™s not fit and subsequently sharp enough.
Posted by: Bigdog, March 31, 2019, 11:39am; Reply: 18
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I'd be happy enough with a fully match sharp Dennis in our starting eleven next season. I see a lot of intelligence in his movement.. The question is will the other players be able to get decent supply in and around the box to get the best out of him. At the minute he's in and out of a side that's playing badly and incapable of passing to one of their teammates consistently let alone serving up clear cut chances on a plate..
Posted by: rancido, March 31, 2019, 12:10pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from forza ivano

Maybe do but with the 85th worst budget i the league we don't have that many choices

Do you have any facts to back up this statement?
Posted by: Bigdog, March 31, 2019, 1:08pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from rancido

Do you have any facts to back up this statement?

Give a place or two either way of 85th best (not worst), 80th is exactly mid-table League Two, and with what JF and MJ have intimated, do you really think that he's that far off the mark?
Posted by: HertsGTFC, March 31, 2019, 1:14pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from Bigdog

Give a place or two either way of 85th best (not worst), 80th is exactly mid-table League Two, and with what JF and MJ have intimated, do you really think that he's that far off the mark?

Are you measuring budget on the cash number or % of income, with no real benefactors at the moment at this level itā€™s worth understanding.
Print page generated: April 19, 2024, 5:42am