Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: chelseacity, March 27, 2019, 5:00pm
I guess we will take a massive following to this the last game of the season, i'm really looking forward to it, i like going to the Wetherspoons for a couple of beers in the Town centre before the match assuming it remains a 3pm kick off time. I would like to offer a hand of sympathy out to Notts County fans on this day in the event of relegation into the nowhere league, i beg Town fans not to chant your going down songs, we had 6 years in the nowhere league & we know it's hell on earth football wise, so lets hope we have a great finish to the season there, and please behave as there will be lot's of Police on duty. UP THE MARINERS.
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, March 27, 2019, 5:26pm; Reply: 1
They didn’t sympathise with us when we went down, I will be going to that match and hopefully we win
Posted by: oochiad, March 27, 2019, 6:25pm; Reply: 2
I’m sure they were chanting that we were going down end of last season? How times have changed only a season later. It’s my birthday that weekend and l always enjoy a trip to Notts UTM!
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, March 27, 2019, 7:02pm; Reply: 3
If Notts can still avoid relegation I can see them only giving us about 1300 seats (If they think they can sell the rest to Home Fans).

Hope not (That it is only 1300) not that they stay up (Not bothered either way).  
Posted by: Barrattstander, March 27, 2019, 7:05pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from chelseacity
I guess we will take a massive following to this the last game of the season.

It's not the last match of the season.

Posted by: pizzzza, March 27, 2019, 8:30pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from Barrattstander

It's not the last match of the season.

I'm sure most sensible readers would realise that he is referring to the last away game of the season.
Posted by: Ipswin, March 27, 2019, 8:56pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from pizzzza

I'm sure most sensible readers would realise that he is referring to the last away game of the season.

This is the Fishy don't forget
Posted by: KingstonMariner, March 28, 2019, 12:45am; Reply: 7
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner
If Notts can still avoid relegation I can see them only giving us about 1300 seats (If they think they can sell the rest to Home Fans).

Hope not (That it is only 1300) not that they stay up (Not bothered either way).  

It's a 20,000 capacity so I don't think there's much chance of that, unless Forest fans come to gloat.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, March 28, 2019, 12:50am; Reply: 8
Quoted from chelseacity
I guess we will take a massive following to this the last game of the season, i'm really looking forward to it, i like going to the Wetherspoons for a couple of beers in the Town centre before the match assuming it remains a 3pm kick off time. I would like to offer a hand of sympathy out to Notts County fans on this day in the event of relegation into the nowhere league, i beg Town fans not to chant your going down songs, we had 6 years in the nowhere league & we know it's hell on earth football wise, so lets hope we have a great finish to the season there, and please behave as there will be lot's of Police on duty. UP THE MARINERS.

I have no sympathy for them. The County fans literally sold out when some dodgy businessmen promised them the Premiership if they handed over control of the club. Obviously they'd never heard of Faustian pacts in Nottingham.
Posted by: 1mickylyons, March 28, 2019, 7:46am; Reply: 9
They signed and backed Lee Hughes I will be there and whilst seeing the oldest club go out the league will give me a twinge of sadness . I will remember how they thought it was clever to celebrate with him and his handcuffs gesture at BP when he scored that Boxing Day game. Classless on and off the field for many year`s and about to meet the Reaper of Non League football I hope they enjoy the 12 Ebbsfleet fans next Season.
Posted by: 140381 (Guest), March 28, 2019, 10:26am; Reply: 10
Quoted from 1mickylyons
They signed and backed Lee Hughes I will be there and whilst seeing the oldest club go out the league will give me a twinge of sadness . I will remember how they thought it was clever to celebrate with him and his handcuffs gesture at BP when he scored that Boxing Day game. Classless on and off the field for many year`s and about to meet the Reaper of Non League football I hope they enjoy the 12 Ebbsfleet fans next Season.

Difficult to argue with that. F**k 'em.
Posted by: Bristol Mariner, March 30, 2019, 9:32am; Reply: 11
Quoted from 1mickylyons

Ebbsfleet might go up yet 😀
Posted by: HackneyHaddock, March 30, 2019, 10:33am; Reply: 12
If they stay up, Notts will get their act together an be challenging next season.  They were quite happy to come and relegate us last season, so we should be looking forward to going there and relegating them.

I don't get all this "be respectful/don't sing mean songs to them" thing either.  They've been gaming the system and stretching the financial elastic for donkeys years.  We're right at the bottom of the football pile and don't have the luxury of feeling sorry for bigger teams.

I'd love to witness a good relegation wake at a packed house; fans crying, recriminations, ugly protests on the pitch, rubbing their noses in it.  It's what football's all about.
Posted by: Ipswin, March 30, 2019, 10:41am; Reply: 13
Quoted from HackneyHaddock

I'd love to witness a good relegation wake at a packed house; fans crying, recriminations, ugly protests on the pitch, rubbing their noses in it.  It's what football's all about.

A bit like when we were at Burton?
Posted by: HackneyHaddock, March 30, 2019, 10:49am; Reply: 14
Quoted from Ipswin

A bit like when we were at Burton?

Yes, but with us watching on this time.
Posted by: Ipswin, March 30, 2019, 12:38pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from HackneyHaddock

Yes, but with us watching on this time.

I hope the Notts Co fans behave rather better than some of the Town fans did

Posted by: carrot top, March 30, 2019, 2:45pm; Reply: 16
Notts County will stay up I think. Macclesfield and Yeovil for the drop
Print page generated: May 14, 2024, 9:52pm