Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, March 23, 2019, 2:03pm
Starting 11 is in.

XI: McKeown (c), Hall-Johnson, Davis, Öhman, Hendrie, Ring, Clifton, Hessenthaler, Woolford, Cook, Thomas.

Subs: Russell, Collins, Dennis, Grayson, Vernam, Rose, Pollock.
Posted by: promotion plaice, March 23, 2019, 2:44pm; Reply: 1

The police looked like they had their hands full with idiot Bury fans on the high street about 20 minutes ago.
Posted by: Madeleymariner, March 23, 2019, 2:53pm; Reply: 2
String em up(hang) :)
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, March 23, 2019, 3:13pm; Reply: 3
Not a bad start so far. Some loose passes are our downfall at the moment.
Posted by: TAGG, March 23, 2019, 3:42pm; Reply: 4
Enjoying it.
Two team that want to play football UTM
Posted by: promotion plaice, March 23, 2019, 3:45pm; Reply: 5

Kiss of death I know but....you wouldn't know which team  was 2nd in the table on play so far.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, March 23, 2019, 3:54pm; Reply: 6
Pretty even and better than last week.
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, March 23, 2019, 3:56pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from HertsGTFC
Pretty even and better than last week.

It would of been difficult to be a worse match then last week lets be honest. We're playing well, just that final ball like usual is keeping the scoreline at 0
Posted by: Maringer, March 23, 2019, 3:58pm; Reply: 8
We've got into some reasonable attacking positions only for the final ball to be terrible. Not overly impressed with Bury as yet (though they pass it around decently) but then neither side is really offering much of a threat.

It is very much a 5-3-2 which we're playing at present so no surprise we're not looking like scoring very often. Ring and Hendrie much too deep most of the time to add to the attack.
Posted by: Hagrid, March 23, 2019, 4:02pm; Reply: 9
Much better than last week, 2 even teams. Enjoying it. Linesman on findus side is male masturbation
Posted by: HertsGTFC, March 23, 2019, 4:12pm; Reply: 10
We’re still in the dressing room, if Jolley means business he’ll bring some pace off the bench earlier than last week.
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, March 23, 2019, 4:18pm; Reply: 11
Hopefully Vernams coming on for Wooly hes not in this half at all.
Posted by: TAGG, March 23, 2019, 4:21pm; Reply: 12
Vernam for cook what the fook is that all about???
Posted by: WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP, March 23, 2019, 4:31pm; Reply: 13
Give pollock or rose 10 minutes of game time, least we’ll gain something out of that
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, March 23, 2019, 4:32pm; Reply: 14
Bury are stepping the pace up a bit now. Considering we have 11 men in the box we always look weak defending corners
Posted by: WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP, March 23, 2019, 4:35pm; Reply: 15
Give pollock or rose 10 minutes of game time, least we’ll gain something out of that

Knew jolley read the fishy ;)
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, March 23, 2019, 4:40pm; Reply: 16
The difference Rose has made up front.
Posted by: Mikoo, March 23, 2019, 4:41pm; Reply: 17
Love that we are going for it against a team second in the league. Not happy with a draw, great mentality to have!
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, March 23, 2019, 4:47pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from Mikoo
Love that we are going for it against a team second in the league. Not happy with a draw, great mentality to have!

Just saying the same to the old man. Its nice to see both teams going for it and not just settling for a draw like you often see in moddern football.
Posted by: WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP, March 23, 2019, 4:50pm; Reply: 19
Done well, touch wood, better performance, maybe just time to experiment a bit with the upfront lineup maybe other teams do their research, not that theyve done anything wrong just to mix it up
Dennis rose and vernam maybe
Posted by: buckstown, March 23, 2019, 4:52pm; Reply: 20
AB has referred to Akheems lack of experience twice in the last five minutes but seems clear he offers something very different with his pace. The only way he's going to get experience is to play and I'd start him for the next few games and tell him to relax and enjoy.
They're relatively meaningless games where he can just learn
Posted by: Ipswin, March 23, 2019, 4:54pm; Reply: 21
If only we had a couple of goal scorers how different this season could have been
Posted by: Bigdog, March 23, 2019, 5:02pm; Reply: 22
Done well, touch wood, better performance, maybe just time to experiment a bit with the upfront lineup maybe other teams do their research, not that theyve done anything wrong just to mix it up
Dennis rose and vernam maybe

It would only an experiment because Jolley hasn't played Ahkeem or Vernam. Those two lads have got way more in their lockers than Cook and Thomas but need game time. Rose's pace and Vernam's willingness to take people on scares the shite out of defenders. Cook and Thomas offer little more than average pace, average touch, average invention and average finishing every week and League Two defences have an easy ride. There's been twenty or thirty games this season when our powder puff forward line has produced nothing and we could have been better served developing CV and AR on the pitch. I seriously can't imagine they'd have done any worse and more likely much better with the inner confidence of being picked every week. If these two lads can get you on the edge of your seat for twenty minutes, remember, if they're doing that, their defence will be panicking. Too much functional textbook and not enough mercurial talent and pace in our line ups this season for us to really make an impression going forward..
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, March 23, 2019, 5:04pm; Reply: 23
Rose and Vernam certainly changed the game when they were partnered up front, we looked a threat and like a couple of others have said maybe its time they started a couple games together or maybe brought off the bench earlier and more frequently so they have a chance to be the difference.
Posted by: promotion plaice, March 23, 2019, 5:06pm; Reply: 24

We only need one more point then and Mr Fenty is off (allegedly)  
Posted by: Hagrid, March 23, 2019, 5:12pm; Reply: 25
I enjoyed it!
Posted by: Madeleymariner, March 23, 2019, 5:16pm; Reply: 26
Thought we played ok today, just a lack of bite and invention up front, though didn't think we missed Embleton at all. Rose needs game time so he can learn to choose the right options, and I still think Ring is a serious weak link, got to get a better LFB/WB
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, March 23, 2019, 5:18pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from Hagrid
I enjoyed it!

I agree Hagrid. I can't agree with the guy on the radio who said we were just going through the motions today looked like we were respecting 2nd place Bury but still going for it.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, March 23, 2019, 5:38pm; Reply: 28
One of the more entertaining 0-0 games and both teams looked to play football.

Stated last week that we got the substitutions wrong and the game was crying out for Rose.  His end product is lacking but now we are virtually safe, I would like to see him get some games under his belt.

Mayor tore us a new one in the reverse fixture and Hess ensured that wasn't going to happen today. Clifton needs a few games to get his rhythm and I thought today, that rhythm was back and he had a great game.

Ring almost cost us the game when the most obvious thing to do was hit it long. Instead, he chose a weak back pass that their striker almost intercepted.
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, March 23, 2019, 7:22pm; Reply: 29
I think he based the rose sub on the fact Bury really needed a win and went for it leaving a bare minimum back. This very nearly paid dividends good tactical battle. If they thought they were going to find us easy they got a surprise lol.
Posted by: Marinerz93, March 23, 2019, 7:36pm; Reply: 30
Pleasing result against high flying Bury, well done lads.
Print page generated: March 28, 2024, 11:04pm