Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Ipswin, March 21, 2019, 9:05pm
I can these a lot of these changes causing a lot of problems especially as half the refs won't understand them and the other half won't be consistent in applying them.

http://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/efl-rules-2019-2020-season-2668236
Posted by: promotion plaice, March 21, 2019, 9:11pm; Reply: 1

The big one for me is that a player who is being substituted must leave the field by the nearest point on the touchline/goal line.

No more of this walking to the furthest point on the pitch when a player knows he is going to be substituted to waste time thank feck.
Posted by: Madeleymariner, March 21, 2019, 9:12pm; Reply: 2
Apart from that, what a load of tosh :B
Posted by: Ipswin, March 21, 2019, 9:15pm; Reply: 3
I can see all sorts of problems about the keeper at penalties and the defensive wall at free kicks, all too open to interpretation.
Posted by: Bigdog, March 21, 2019, 9:32pm; Reply: 4
Load of overpaid people who have got fook all to do but tinker with the most popular game on Earth to justify their salaries. Just leave it alone. The game of football is not perfect, but that's a massive part of its beauty..
Posted by: SpudUDontLike, March 21, 2019, 11:12pm; Reply: 5
"The ball touches a player’s hand/arm which has made their body unnaturally bigger."

Who writes this excrement?
Posted by: Paris Mariner, March 22, 2019, 9:18am; Reply: 6
Told you about goal kicks! ;)
Posted by: Maringer, March 22, 2019, 10:09am; Reply: 7
Pretty flipping pointless changes, most of those. Most have been changed because the referees weren't applying the laws correctly in the first place.

Does this mean the end of a proper challenge with drop balls? I know they've almost died out in any case. The referee isn't apparently just part of the pitch any longer so they are going to end up awarding drop balls every time it touches them, regardless of the situation. Attempting to remove any chance of bad luck in the game.

The bit with attacking players not being allowed near a wall is just ridiculous - again, because referees don't simply penalise pushing and shoving in a wall (which should simply be given as obstruction). Why is a wall with 2 players in it not equal to a wall with 3 players? Just an arbitrary decision.

I'd imagine the goal kick thing hopes to encourage passing from the back, but all it will do is ensure more punts upfield as teams do a high press from the start.

Mostly pointless changes. Tinkering for the sake of tinkering.

If they wanted to make a real difference, they'd do something about the grappling/shoving at set pieces which still occurs.
Posted by: Abdul19, March 22, 2019, 12:46pm; Reply: 8
The goal kick thing is a good idea. About 3 times a season a really bad one gets taken, so the defender touches the ball early to re-start play before he's tackled. It's a serious blight on the game that needed sorting. The game's in good hands - bravo IFAB.
Posted by: supertown, March 22, 2019, 1:08pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from Maringer
Pretty flipping pointless changes, most of those. Most have been changed because the referees weren't applying the laws correctly in the first place.

Does this mean the end of a proper challenge with drop balls? I know they've almost died out in any case. The referee isn't apparently just part of the pitch any longer so they are going to end up awarding drop balls every time it touches them, regardless of the situation. Attempting to remove any chance of bad luck in the game.

The bit with attacking players not being allowed near a wall is just ridiculous - again, because referees don't simply penalise pushing and shoving in a wall (which should simply be given as obstruction). Why is a wall with 2 players in it not equal to a wall with 3 players? Just an arbitrary decision.

I'd imagine the goal kick thing hopes to encourage passing from the back, but all it will do is ensure more punts upfield as teams do a high press from the start.

Mostly pointless changes. Tinkering for the sake of tinkering.

If they wanted to make a real difference, they'd do something about the grappling/shoving at set pieces which still occurs.

I guess a wall with 2 people  is difficult to define , it could just be 2 players stood near each other
Posted by: arryarryarry, March 22, 2019, 6:04pm; Reply: 10
I'm all for the rule at not allowing opposition players near the defending wall of players, that should hopefully stop all the pushing and shoving at free kicks when the ref keeps having to go over to warn players.

It was a shame they scrapped the moving on of free kicks 10 yards for dissent which stopped opposition players standing in front of the ball to prevent quick free kicks.
Posted by: lee65, March 22, 2019, 7:13pm; Reply: 11
If players have to leave the field at the nearest point won’t there be the potential for them being mistaken for being on the playing surface as they walk around the pitch?, unless someone runs around with a top to cover their shirt
Posted by: moosey_club, March 23, 2019, 12:21am; Reply: 12
The ball touches a player’s hand/arm when it is above their shoulder (unless the player has deliberately played the ball which then touches their hand/arm)

I really am struggling to decipher this one..... (Confused)......

so if your hand is above shoulder height

and the ball touches it...

its definately handball/ free kick ...

unless you deliberatley played the ball and it hits your hand arm ??  
Posted by: lukeo, March 23, 2019, 5:12am; Reply: 13
Quoted from lee65
If players have to leave the field at the nearest point won’t there be the potential for them being mistaken for being on the playing surface as they walk around the pitch?, unless someone runs around with a top to cover their shirt

What you'll probably find is when someone knows he's being subbed off he will go stand in the centre spot then head off to the dugout side of the pitch.
Posted by: moosey_club, March 23, 2019, 11:03am; Reply: 14
Quoted from lee65

could be tricky for away players having to walk past two or possibly three stands of home support to get to the dugout.
Print page generated: April 30, 2024, 4:12pm