Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Davec, March 21, 2019, 1:18pm
Has died aged 59

RIP John
Posted by: ginnywings, March 21, 2019, 1:25pm; Reply: 1
Same age as me. Remember playing against him in the Lincs County Cup many moons ago, so has struck a chord with me.

RIP John.
Posted by: forza ivano, March 21, 2019, 1:27pm; Reply: 2
bloody hell. didn't realise he was that old. how time flies....Any news on circumstances?
Posted by: MarinerMart, March 21, 2019, 2:27pm; Reply: 3
RIP John
Posted by: Les Brechin, March 21, 2019, 2:27pm; Reply: 4
Part of the Town squad that came very close to going from Divison 4 to Division 1 in successive seasons, although he was only a peripheral part of the squad.

All the same, that was my favourite time watching Town and I have fond memories of him in a black and white shirt.

RIP John.
Posted by: Eastendmariner, March 21, 2019, 2:52pm; Reply: 5
Great. Shame I think only about 10  Apperances but  was with the club when we were a great side so a lot of  competition for places .Very Sad RIP John
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, March 21, 2019, 4:58pm; Reply: 6
How very sad, much too young. He was a Sheffield lad I think. Unfortunately, though he had a good left foot, he was in competition with a legend in Bobby C. for a first team spot.
Posted by: Bigdog, March 21, 2019, 5:42pm; Reply: 7
I knew John and his family. Even though I haven't seen him for about eight years, lost touch since I moved away, his death has really shocked me as the last time I saw him he was as fit as a fiddle and looked nowhere near his age. Had a decorating business based in Donny where he lived and was assistant manager at Armthorpe Welfare FC for a good number of years. Unlucky to be at GTFC when we had really good players in his position. Proper football man who was good fun to be around.

Really sad news..
RIP John
Posted by: Spidey, March 21, 2019, 5:44pm; Reply: 8
Was told this by a relative at work a week ago, sad circumstances too. RIP John
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, March 21, 2019, 8:01pm; Reply: 9
Very sad I think he was with a Grimsby girl if I’m not mistaken
Print page generated: May 3, 2024, 10:11am