Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Gaffer58, March 18, 2019, 7:53pm
Please don't call me for whatching this, I prefer lower league to the premiershit, but they just showed one of Mansfield's stand and it had a statement of " the oldest football ground in the world" .Well it looks quite new to me so is it like Trigger from Fools and Horses broom, it's the same one he's had for 20 years, just 4 new handles and 6 new heads. And Mansfield have just scored.
Posted by: Rob_in_Grimsby, March 18, 2019, 7:57pm; Reply: 1
Mansfield claim there has been a football ground on that location for longer than any other thus been the oldest football ground in the world. What they don't say is it was another football team that played there long before they did.
Posted by: Mariner Ronnie, March 18, 2019, 8:28pm; Reply: 2
No shame in watching lower league football mate, the premier league has been poor for a while now.
Posted by: sydney, March 18, 2019, 9:14pm; Reply: 3
Danny Roe v good
Posted by: always grimsby, March 18, 2019, 9:18pm; Reply: 4
Watching myself
Just stated Mansfield have the third biggest budget in this division for the third year running !!
Obviously Lincoln have the biggest!
I wonder were we come in on the budget league table ???
Posted by: promotion plaice, March 18, 2019, 9:22pm; Reply: 5

1-1....Akindepen
Posted by: mariner paul, March 18, 2019, 9:37pm; Reply: 6
Lincoln getting a penalty now there's a surprise
Posted by: marinerdazza, March 19, 2019, 11:00am; Reply: 7
Looked at the score at 60 minutes. Saw Mansfield were one up. Said "Akinde Pen" to myself. And switched my phone off.
Posted by: Les Brechin, March 19, 2019, 11:33am; Reply: 8
I'm surprised more keepers in League 2 haven't wised up to Akindepens style.

If they were to stand still instead of moving they'd save most of his kicks.
Posted by: moosey_club, March 19, 2019, 1:20pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from Les Brechin
I'm surprised more keepers in League 2 haven't wised up to Akindepens style.

If they were to stand still instead of moving they'd save most of his kicks.

but if they stood still would he put it in the corner ...

if a tree falls in the woods and no one is there...does it make a sound  .... (Confused)
Posted by: Mariner_09, March 19, 2019, 1:35pm; Reply: 10
I just can’t believe some boff in the refs authority hasn’t flagged him up to everyone. He’s won numerous penalties against us (5 or 6 maybe) and I can’t believe he wins them exclusively against us. I can’t remember many of them being def pens. Some very questionable at best.
Posted by: Civvy at last, March 19, 2019, 1:59pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from moosey_club

if a tree falls in the woods and no one is there...does it make a sound  .... (Confused)

If a fat bird eats a cake and no one sees..... does she still put on weight....
Posted by: rancido, March 19, 2019, 2:52pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from moosey_club

That depends on there being  some device present that can pick up the sound pressure waves. If the forest is in a vacuum then no sound is produced or at least no sound can be detected.
Posted by: golfer, March 19, 2019, 3:16pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from moosey_club

Does a sound smell ?
Posted by: moosey_club, March 19, 2019, 3:38pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from rancido

That depends on there being  some device present that can pick up the sound pressure waves. If the forest is in a vacuum then no sound is produced or at least no sound can be detected.

But how do you know the sound captured wasn't a squirrel making a tree crashing sound just for giggles ?
Posted by: moosey_club, March 19, 2019, 3:39pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from golfer

Does a sound smell ?

a certain sound could be an indication of a smell forthcoming ..
Posted by: promotion plaice, March 19, 2019, 5:18pm; Reply: 16

I'm sorry for changing the subject from f@rting etc   ;D

but   ;)

I would imagine as much as it will really hurt them.....the Lincoln fans will be hoping we win on Saturday   :)  
Posted by: Heisenberg, March 19, 2019, 5:33pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from promotion plaice

I'm sorry for changing the subject from f@rting etc   ;D

but   ;)

I would imagine as much as it will really hurt them.....the Lincoln fans will be hoping we win on Saturday   :)  

I also want us to beat Bury. Even if we were bitter enough to want to derail Lincoln’s campaign, I’m sorry, but they are up, nothing’s gonna change that.

I’m still not convinced we’re totally safe yet, so UTM and here’s to 3 points on Saturday.
Posted by: Helgy, March 19, 2019, 6:04pm; Reply: 18
Mansfield voted the best family club in L2 not sure about that one.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, March 19, 2019, 11:08pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from Helgy
Mansfield voted the best family club in L2 not sure about that one.

Addams family
Borgia family
Kray family
Posted by: golfer, March 20, 2019, 7:23am; Reply: 20
Are you allowed to say family nowadays
Posted by: nealeardleyscrossing, March 20, 2019, 12:48pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from Mariner_09
I just can’t believe some boff in the refs authority hasn’t flagged him up to everyone. He’s won numerous penalties against us (5 or 6 maybe) and I can’t believe he wins them exclusively against us. I can’t remember many of them being def pens. Some very questionable at best.

Don't be so bitter..
Was a definite penalty (Not for a foul on Akinde either) - You've had more than you share of penalties too..We have wingers with pace who are too good for this league, so get whacked about by clumsy centre halfs..
Posted by: Son of Cod, March 20, 2019, 1:05pm; Reply: 22

Don't be so bitter..
Was a definite penalty (Not for a foul on Akinde either) - You've had more than you share of penalties too..We have wingers with pace who are too good for this league, so get whacked about by clumsy centre halfs..

Well yeah, when you pay them L1 wages you'd expect them to be too good for this division. Agree that it was definitely a penalty though, very clumsy from Logan.

Something that does need flagging up though, is this fake injury to keeper team talk cheat that Cowley is getting away with all too often.
Posted by: WesternMariner, March 20, 2019, 1:11pm; Reply: 23

Don't be so bitter..

I’ve never had a problem with you coming on here and sometimes your posts are insightful and balanced but you’re way off about Akinde - there’s many who’ve had an issue with him way before he went to Lincoln so the criticism isn’t sour grapes against the Gimps (at least not all of it). And your supposed wingers who are too good for this league weren’t the ones winning penalties against us when he was throwing himself on the floor against us for Barnet and before that Alfreton. Just face it the blokes made a career on winning penalties by fair means or otherwise and you’d be the first to squeal if Lincoln were on the receiving end like we have been on at least five occasions.

Print page generated: April 26, 2024, 4:29pm