Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: mimma, March 16, 2019, 12:09pm
Stumbled across this about Charles I'Anson for those that are interested. He mentioned us and why he left because we wouldn't pay him an extra £100..

Interesting read.

https://www.worldfootball.net/news/_n3195615_/isco-to-vardy-and-back-again---how-charlie-ianson-became-english-pioneer-in-spain/
Posted by: KingstonMariner, March 16, 2019, 12:58pm; Reply: 1
Quoted from mimma
Stumbled across this about Charles I'Anson for those that are interested. He mentioned us and why he left because we wouldn't pay him an extra £100..

Interesting read.

https://www.worldfootball.net/news/_n3195615_/isco-to-vardy-and-back-again---how-charlie-ianson-became-english-pioneer-in-spain/

I seem to remember Scott or Hurst saying something typically disparaging about him after he left.
Posted by: Abdul19, March 16, 2019, 1:52pm; Reply: 2
For some reason Hurst felt the need to say that I'Anson's left foot was the worst he'd ever seen.
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, March 16, 2019, 2:18pm; Reply: 3
He looked a good talent to lose over £100 what a shame
Posted by: forza ivano, March 16, 2019, 2:30pm; Reply: 4
Having said that ,and as much as I liked charlie, he is playing in the Spanish third division which has tended to be his level, so hurst might not have been totally wrong
Posted by: KingstonMariner, March 16, 2019, 2:44pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from forza ivano
Having said that ,and as much as I liked charlie, he is playing in the Spanish third division which has tended to be his level, so hurst might not have been totally wrong

Charlie mentioned his foot injury when he was at Elche. Might have limited his career since then.
Posted by: Heisenberg, March 16, 2019, 2:56pm; Reply: 6
He was excellent whilst here, and those idiots Hurst and Scott made a mistake pushing him out.
Posted by: Mighty_Mariner, March 16, 2019, 5:07pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from Heisenberg
He was excellent whilst here, and those idiots Hurst and Scott made a mistake pushing him out.

Because he's gone on to have a glittering career in Spain since he left us...

Perhaps, just perhaps, Paul Hurst knows a little bit more about player ability than you or I?!?
Posted by: wigworld, March 16, 2019, 6:36pm; Reply: 8
Wasn't he replaced by Ian Miller? I'd take that swap, any day of the week.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, March 16, 2019, 6:44pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from wigworld
Wasn't he replaced by Ian Miller? I'd take that swap, any day of the week.

Where's he now?
Posted by: Heisenberg, March 16, 2019, 7:08pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from Mighty_Mariner

Because he's gone on to have a glittering career in Spain since he left us...

Perhaps, just perhaps, Paul Hurst knows a little bit more about player ability than you or I?!?

Do you know what? Just f#ck off. I’Anson was great when here, he did nothing wrong. If he’d have stayed here he might have really kicked on. It’s irrelevant how he’s done since. If he’d stayed and kept injury free he’d still be playing for us.
Posted by: Grantley, March 16, 2019, 7:31pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from Heisenberg

Do you know what? Just f#ck off. I’Anson was great when here, he did nothing wrong. If he’d have stayed here he might have really kicked on. It’s irrelevant how he’s done since. If he’d stayed and kept injury free he’d still be playing for us.

Hmmm...
Posted by: jamesgtfc, March 16, 2019, 7:38pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from Heisenberg

Hi Charlie.
Posted by: Heisenberg, March 16, 2019, 8:55pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from jamesgtfc

Hi Charlie.

There are clearly a few on here who never saw him play, fair enough.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, March 16, 2019, 9:22pm; Reply: 14
Charlie was potentially a lot better than some we signed after he left.
Posted by: Heisenberg, March 16, 2019, 9:26pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from MuddyWaters
Charlie was potentially a lot better than some we signed after he left.

Exactly. He was good. Strong in the tackle, a grown man at 17, and an eye for goal. Like Pollock but nearly a decade ago and actually in the first team.
Posted by: Croxton, March 16, 2019, 9:50pm; Reply: 16
Very promising for his age . May be wrong here but was he not subject to some verbals from Scott which caused censure from some supporters?
Posted by: wigworld, March 16, 2019, 11:47pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Where's he now?

AFC Sudbury. No, me neither.

Posted by: MuddyWaters, March 17, 2019, 10:23am; Reply: 18
He plays for Murcia in the Spanish 3rd tier.
Posted by: arryarryarry, March 17, 2019, 12:48pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from Heisenberg

Bloody hell he only played in 17 games in two seasons so how could you come to that conclusion?

He has also had 7 clubs in 7 seasons since he left so hardly lighting any of them up.
Posted by: Kris2, March 17, 2019, 2:50pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from arryarryarry

Bloody hell he only played in 17 games in two seasons so how could you come to that conclusion?

He has also had 7 clubs in 7 seasons since he left so hardly lighting any of them up.

Because every young player who plays for us is automatically the greatest thing ever in the eyes of The Fishy. Literally every young player is the next John Oster,Ryan Bennett etc. 90% of them have and will go on to do sodomist all in  the game.
Posted by: Mariner93er, March 17, 2019, 3:29pm; Reply: 21
He was an OK conference player. Lets not forget that he played in a team that never made the play offs, for a bit of perspective. £100 may not sound like much, but when you're working to a budget it is. I imagine each player was given a protracted contract and that was not to be surpassed in negotiations. I'Anson really did not justify breaking that policy.
Posted by: Mariner93er, March 17, 2019, 3:30pm; Reply: 22
Protracted being completely the wrong word
Posted by: Paris Mariner, March 18, 2019, 9:08am; Reply: 23
He has played for some big clubs in Spain in front of 5 figure crowds on a regular basis. Real Oviedo, Valencia B, Real Murcia, Granda and Elche. Fair play to him - he didn't make it here, took a chance and it's paid off. I wish I'd had his career so far.
Posted by: AndyDarloFC, March 18, 2019, 10:37am; Reply: 24
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Where's he now?

Playing semi-pro football and running his own football academy. Doing quite well by all accounts too.

Posted by: Rik e B, March 18, 2019, 12:42pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from Kris2

Because every young player who plays for us is automatically the greatest thing ever in the eyes of The Fishy. Literally every young player is the next John Oster,Ryan Bennett etc. 90% of them have and will go on to do sodomist all in  the game.

But were you one of the genius's that called Butterfield excrement?  :P
Posted by: Rik e B, March 18, 2019, 12:44pm; Reply: 26
He seemed to have a touch of class which might have been worth persevering with. I'm sure if he was under Jolley at that age we would have tried to tie him down but like others have said £100 a lot when working to a tight budget under the constraints of the conference
Posted by: Rik e B, March 18, 2019, 12:46pm; Reply: 27
That was at the back end of the period where we constantly shot ourselves in the foot with short termism
Posted by: Paris Mariner, March 18, 2019, 12:47pm; Reply: 28
Quoted from AndyDarloFC

Playing semi-pro football and running his own football academy. Doing quite well by all accounts too.

His brother Dean does the academy. Charlie is a full time pro with Real Murcia.
Posted by: forza ivano, March 18, 2019, 1:46pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from Paris Mariner

His brother Dean does the academy. Charlie is a full time pro with Real Murcia.

think he meant ian Miller!
Posted by: Paris Mariner, March 18, 2019, 2:08pm; Reply: 30
Quoted from forza ivano

think he meant ian Miller!

Ah, ok.
Print page generated: April 20, 2024, 1:07am