Print Topic - Archive

Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: psgmariner, March 15, 2019, 12:27pm
https://twitter.com/northferribyutd/status/1106524776191922176?s=21

Always sad to see a club go under.
Posted by: Davec, March 15, 2019, 12:40pm; Reply: 1
They've been very much mis-managed terribly these last couple of years, and that statement is written terribly with basic errors everywhere. Another club copulated up by poor running
Posted by: Mariner Timsky, March 15, 2019, 12:46pm; Reply: 2
What an embarrassing statement

Written by an 8 year old??!!

That apart sad to see a local club fold or any club fold apart from MK of course plus all the other annoying clubs  ;)
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, March 15, 2019, 1:15pm; Reply: 3
Afraid the same folks that fooked it up are in charge of Hull City AFC...only 2 seasons ago punching a league below us and also had their trip to Wembley...shame to see what was always a good village community club go by the wayside...
Posted by: Gaffer58, March 15, 2019, 1:25pm; Reply: 4
Did they through over ambition get above themselves, over reliant on one person who eventually lost interest.
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, March 15, 2019, 1:57pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from Gaffer58
Did they through over ambition get above themselves, over reliant on one person who eventually lost interest.

Maybe they did but what they achieved was creditable... until the bubble burst when their owners started mixing things up

I was only thinking the other day about clubs who rise from nowhere and then disappear; Rushden of course springing to mind

But then some do seem to be able to sustain things... Fleetwood for example

I remember going to see them play Goole back in 2005 in front of about 150 fans totally ( maybe they had about 25 there?)

If anyone had told me back then that they'd be an established third tier club I'd not have believed it

So in some ways you have to follow the dream and hope it's for the long term, not the short term as with North Ferriby

Shame for their genuine fans of course -  I expect there'll now be plenty of alternative activity about to take place on their ground as housing developers start sniffing around  ::)

Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, March 15, 2019, 2:04pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from Gaffer58

I’d bet the majority of the old time NF supporters had a premonition that this might happen even when the club was doing well. It all seemed a bit too good to be true didn’t it? That level of support was just not ever sustainable, the income needed to cover running expenses was never going to be there and the whole thing relied on the largesse of one person. Take that away and ..... crash. Those local fans are now worse off than they were to start with.

Posted by: Mariner1980, March 15, 2019, 2:30pm; Reply: 7
According to a brief search on the internet, the outstanding debt was less than £8000...
Surely they could have drummed that small amount up.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, March 15, 2019, 4:55pm; Reply: 8
They could have got most of that £8k through one bucket collection at BP, KC and GP. I suspect that is not the real issue.
I believe the owner wanted to move the club to the other side of Hull - I think linked to some sort of land development scheme - and took his bat home when he didn’t get his way. May not have gotallmyfactsright (getyerfactsrart?).
Posted by: rancido, March 15, 2019, 5:21pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from 1207[b
85]They could have got most of that £8k through one bucket collection at BP, KC and GP.[/b] I suspect that is not the real issue.
I believe the owner wanted to move the club to the other side of Hull - I think linked to some sort of land development scheme - and took his bat home when he didn’t get his way. May not have gotallmyfactsright (getyerfactsrart?).

That's what kept Hull City afloat
Posted by: acko338, March 15, 2019, 5:49pm; Reply: 10
The plate spinner took away his stick and the end result was embarrassing to the club !
Posted by: KingstonMariner, March 15, 2019, 5:58pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from rancido

The bucket collections or relocating?

Relocation from one part of the city to another wasn’t really an issue. They were still in Hull. They’re still Hull’s club. For North Ferriby the owner wanted to move them to another village east of Hull. They wouldn’t be N. Ferriby any more really. Franchising effectively.
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, March 15, 2019, 6:27pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from rancido

The Hull City rescue was nothing to do with the current owners.

Posted by: wigworld, March 15, 2019, 8:23pm; Reply: 13
The village of North Ferriby has a smaller population than Waltham. That level of success was never sustainable without ongoing financial support.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, March 15, 2019, 10:19pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from wigworld
The village of North Ferriby has a smaller population than Waltham. That level of success was never sustainable without ongoing financial support.

Think that was obvious at the time. Someone took them over apparently with the intention of exploiting the fact they'd been overpsending in order to make money on the land the club owned.
Posted by: Son of Cod, March 16, 2019, 12:41am; Reply: 15
Quoted from KingstonMariner

The bucket collections or relocating?

Relocation from one part of the city to another wasn’t really an issue. They were still in Hull. They’re still Hull’s club. For North Ferriby the owner wanted to move them to another village east of Hull. They wouldn’t be N. Ferriby any more really. Franchising effectively.

Barely from one part of the city to another as well. About a mile down the road.

Sad for the fans this. I was always a bit disappointed they didn't make it up to the Conference a little earlier. Would have been a great away day.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, March 16, 2019, 7:16am; Reply: 16
Last season in the Conference North some players were playing for travel expenses only. I saw them a few times and they were very substandard.
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, March 16, 2019, 9:01am; Reply: 17
This in the end will happen to all hobby clubs once the rich owner loses interest , teams like fleetwood ( especially now blackpool are back ) forest green havent got the fan base to support themselves long term. Salford big population without the owners run properly I’d say possible
Posted by: RexFannies, March 16, 2019, 5:33pm; Reply: 18
The owners...is it son of the Hull owner? wanted to change their name to East Hull. This was rejected so they pulled out...The Hull Tigers saga  and dummy spitting springs to mind.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, March 17, 2019, 3:45pm; Reply: 19
Sell your soul to the devil and he'll bite you in the ar5e
Posted by: Ipswin, March 17, 2019, 3:50pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
Sell your soul to the devil and he'll bite you in the ar5e

Better stick with who we've got then, he talks out of his bottom periodically but apart from the odd nibble he hasn't bitten ours too badly as yet

Posted by: FishOutOfWater, March 19, 2019, 5:54pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from wigworld

Funnily enough the guy who was in charge of the club is called Waltham

He took over the reigns from Allam's son-in-law & daughter

https://northferribyunited.com/steve-and-eman-transfer-ownership-to-jamie-waltham-n

He seemed to follow their lead in wanting to change the club name and to relocate them but once thwarted, gave up on them
Posted by: tintowner, March 20, 2019, 7:34am; Reply: 22
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

Funnily enough the guy who was in charge of the club is called Waltham

He took over the reigns from Allam's son-in-law & daughter

https://northferribyunited.com/steve-and-eman-transfer-ownership-to-jamie-waltham-n

He seemed to follow their lead in wanting to change the club name and to relocate them but once thwarted, gave up on them

........and Waltham then sold/transferred the club to Carl Chadwick ( a close associate) who pretty much wanted to do exactly the same.

They wanted to change the name to East Hull and play home games at the Dunswell sports Ground (former home of Hall Road rangers and more recently ...Hull United ( a club that Jamie Waltham was involved in to a degree).

Former North Ferriby Chairman Les Hare (involved for around 30 years ) has made movements to resurrect the club and they hope to play in the Northern Counties East League for next season.
Print page generated: March 29, 2024, 12:34pm