Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: 140067 (Guest), March 12, 2019, 6:47pm
Seems he didn't enjoy his time playing for the Mighty Mariners, sounds as if he was a bit scared.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/scotland/47508938
Posted by: Abdul19, March 12, 2019, 6:51pm; Reply: 1
"Football journey" - urgh

Anyway, I can't remember him ever playing at centre back for us?
Posted by: Meza, March 12, 2019, 6:57pm; Reply: 2
So dis the Town because a new manager didn't like you and played you out of position as im sure he was signed as a midfielder.  nob.

'It was torture'
Various loan spells followed but in 2006 he would leave Blackburn to join Grimsby Town.
"If you've ever been to Grimsby you'll understand why I wanted to come back up the road," said Harkins.
"The new manager didn't like me. Down there [as a centre-half] you're coming up against monsters every week, so it's not easy being a centre-half especially at that age. It was tough."

[url]https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/scotland/47508938[/url]
Posted by: ska face, March 12, 2019, 7:10pm; Reply: 3
Seem to remember him signing as a CM but was about 2st overweight and couldn’t get near anyone, blowing out his bottom after 10 mins.
Posted by: Son of Cod, March 12, 2019, 7:15pm; Reply: 4
Weirdly he was one of the best players in our squad on FM2007.
Posted by: bobbyturtle, March 12, 2019, 9:07pm; Reply: 5
with a turning ability of an oil tanker
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, March 12, 2019, 9:12pm; Reply: 6
Hes was permanebtly injured as well wasn't he? He certainly had skill the few times I remember seeing him.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, March 12, 2019, 9:14pm; Reply: 7
I know the name but only vaguely aware of him.
Posted by: wigworld, March 12, 2019, 11:01pm; Reply: 8
I have no recollection of him at all!
Posted by: SpudUDontLike, March 12, 2019, 11:05pm; Reply: 9
I remember him. Nothing to say though. Which probably says it all.
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, March 13, 2019, 4:00am; Reply: 10
Vaguely remember the name but that's about it.

I thought they were suppose to be as tough as iron girders up there in Scotland?

Crying to daddy?

Sounds like a right wimp awe nasty Grimsby to rough for you lol ;D ;D ;D

Hardly a Livvo was he.
Posted by: diehardmariner, March 13, 2019, 8:59am; Reply: 11
Definitely a central midfielder here.  Part of the pretty abysmal post-2006 rebuild under Graham Rodger that included Ricky Ravenhill, Peter Beagrie and a ridiculously overweight Isaiah Rankin.

Seem to remember he came here with a bit of a reputation as one for the future and a few Blackburn fans were disappointed to see him leave as he was touted as the next big thing there.  Can't say I saw a lot in him to be honest.  Was pretty tidy on the ball but that was it, for a midfielder he never stamped his mark on any game.  

Comes across very bitter.  Managed 300 odd appearances at a professional level since leaving us nearly 12 years ago yet still holds some sort of resentment, might want to let that one go pal.
Posted by: Kris2, March 13, 2019, 12:30pm; Reply: 12
Nobody will remember much about him I imagine. Thought he was more important than he was and Buckley put him in his place so he saw his bottom and threw tantrums until he was allowed to leave. Apparently he's still not over being bought down a peg or two when he was a young lad with an ego.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, March 13, 2019, 12:51pm; Reply: 13
Given a bit part player in our Nonleague promotion side went straight to a Scottish Premier side, Harkness has hardly had a glittering career since leaving the arseend of the Football League.
Posted by: Maringer, March 13, 2019, 12:58pm; Reply: 14
Oddly enough, I seem to recall that his better games for us tended to be at centre back. In the middle of the park, he was just too slow in both thought and deed to achieve anything. In English football, that is. I do remember that his lack of fitness was apparent also. No surprise that the Jocks have been so poor over the past decade if he can be a decent top division midfielder up there.

Didn't he have another whinge about us in the media some years back as well? Pillock.
Posted by: sam gy, March 13, 2019, 1:10pm; Reply: 15
I only remember him because i seem to recall him goading Town fans on Twitter when we were relegated to non league.

Let it go, pal.
Posted by: jock dock tower, March 13, 2019, 1:19pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from Mrs Doyle
Vaguely remember the name but that's about it.

I thought they were suppose to be as tough as iron girders up there in Scotland?

Crying to daddy?

Sounds like a right wimp awe nasty Grimsby to rough for you lol ;D ;D ;D

Hardly a Livvo was he.

Do you mind not being so stereotypical please. I have a very strong feminine side to my character.

Posted by: grimsby pete, March 13, 2019, 1:30pm; Reply: 17
Very disrespectful of him to call my home  Town,

I can call it because I was born and lived in it for over 35 years,

BUT

I don't I just say its home and will always be home.
Posted by: IlkleyMariner, March 13, 2019, 2:50pm; Reply: 18
Think he joined from Blackburn as a rising star.
The fact that he spend most of his time shuffling around Scottish football says as much about poor standards north of the border than it does about him.
Posted by: arryarryarry, March 13, 2019, 4:07pm; Reply: 19
Knob
Posted by: pontoon442, March 13, 2019, 5:16pm; Reply: 20
Signed by Rodgers, every signing failed under Rodgers, a slow but tidy center mid but didn't play much, A Buckley used him as temporary center half due to injuries, for his first few games back, he did okay and then was gone. AB knew what he was doing, just let down by Fenty when it came to squad rebuilding time, same story ever since....its now 17 years of consistent failure under Fenty...
Posted by: Mallyner, March 13, 2019, 8:16pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from pontoon442
Signed by Rodgers, every signing failed under Rodgers, a slow but tidy center mid but didn't play much, A Buckley used him as temporary center half due to injuries, for his first few games back, he did okay and then was gone. AB knew what he was doing, just let down by Fenty when it came to squad rebuilding time, same story ever since....its now 17 years of consistent failure under Fenty...

I remember him playing at centre back when we lost 2-1 at home to Accrington in one of Alan Buckley's last games and I think he played quite well. He didn't seem to be popular with the crowd though.
Posted by: pontoonlew, March 14, 2019, 7:15am; Reply: 22
Gary Harkins is yet more concrete proof that Scottish football is shite.
Posted by: mariner83, March 14, 2019, 11:22am; Reply: 23
[img]https://media.giphy.com/media/PYEGoZXABBMuk/giphy.gif[/img]
Print page generated: March 29, 2024, 7:48am