Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: 1mickylyons, March 12, 2019, 12:49pm
Noticed this Season quite a few cars parked in Sidney Park on matchdays . Due to the lack of decent watering holes around BP these days and these fanzones that have come in at other Clubs does anybody think it might be a good idea for the MT/Club to look at a Sidney Park based fanzone?  
Posted by: Mallyner, March 12, 2019, 3:23pm; Reply: 1
When I played for Weelsby Rovers, Sidney Park was out home ground. Lots of heavy defeats but a lot of lovely memories.  :)
Posted by: grimsby pete, March 12, 2019, 3:26pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from Mallyner
When I played for Weelsby Rovers, Sidney Park was out home ground. Lots of heavy defeats but a lot of lovely memories.  :)

When I played for Sidney Rangers we played there as well that was in 1964,

Bloody Hell I am old  ;D
Posted by: Les Brechin, March 12, 2019, 3:34pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from Mallyner

Did you play with the legendary Jack Wattam?
Posted by: Youngy, March 12, 2019, 3:55pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from 1mickylyons
Noticed this Season quite a few cars parked in Sidney Park on matchdays . Due to the lack of decent watering holes around BP these days and these fanzones that have come in at other Clubs does anybody think it might be a good idea for the MT/Club to look at a Sidney Park based fanzone?  

Potentially a really good idea, mobile bar provided by Docks Beer, ex player in for a Q and A, local mobile food stalls. Be nice if it's something that could be trialled maybe for the last day of the season
Posted by: Civvy at last, March 12, 2019, 5:12pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from 1mickylyons

Your thirty years too late mate. Town fans often  had a chat with away fans there in the past !!
Posted by: Bristol Mariner, March 12, 2019, 5:36pm; Reply: 6
Appreciate championship football a million miles away but Bristol City have outside bars and a live band. Palace has lots of bars and a Dj. Look if it creates some atmosphere and possibly income it has to be an idea.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, March 12, 2019, 5:46pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from 1mickylyons

100% worth looking at.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, March 12, 2019, 5:56pm; Reply: 8
Great idea Micky.
Posted by: ginnywings, March 12, 2019, 6:08pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from Les Brechin

I did when i was a young man, and also with his lad Barry. Was a bit of a family tradition to play for Weelsby Rovers for a bit.
Posted by: moosey_club, March 12, 2019, 8:24pm; Reply: 10
mind the dog sh!t is all i will say.
Posted by: lukeo, March 12, 2019, 8:53pm; Reply: 11
Not worth the hastle unless our attendances increase by some number. Realistically out of 4,000 odd fans how many will use it? All these clubs that do it have high attendances or a very close nit family feel club where it's based at the ground (Accrington and I think Exeter?)
Posted by: KingstonMariner, March 12, 2019, 9:15pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from lukeo
Not worth the hastle unless our attendances increase by some number. Realistically out of 4,000 odd fans how many will use it? All these clubs that do it have high attendances or a very close nit family feel club where it's based at the ground (Accrington and I think Exeter?)

There's limited space in the Trust bars and they're always full. Unmet demand = lost opportunity.
Posted by: lukeo, March 12, 2019, 9:17pm; Reply: 13
Haven't been to BP in a while, is there still a big space between the pontoon and main stand? Why can't they have a big marquee their and something going on
Posted by: GYinScuntland, March 13, 2019, 11:24am; Reply: 14
The Imp when it was the Imp with all it's bars open was the best fanzone going.
Posted by: 1mickylyons, March 13, 2019, 11:46am; Reply: 15
Quoted from GYinScuntland
The Imp when it was the Imp with all it's bars open was the best fanzone going.

I totally agree but it`s been closed for 3-4 years and is now flats . We will be at BP for at least 3 years so the question is should GTFC/MT look at other options on matchday which could make them money?
Posted by: diehardmariner, March 14, 2019, 10:21am; Reply: 16
I really like this idea, it's got real legs in my opinion.  

I guess the issue with Sidney Park is that the club don't own it and it's a public park, you can be sure that someone will object to it.

I think Lukeo's onto the right idea by utilising the space in between the stands.  I know the space between the Main and the Pontoon is now a carpark but there's a big old space between the Findus and the away end, couldn't that be utilised?  From memory it hosts a minibus and maybe a port-a-kabin at the minute.  
Posted by: promotion plaice, March 14, 2019, 10:38am; Reply: 17
Quoted from KingstonMariner

There's limited space in the Trust bars and they're always full. Unmet demand = lost opportunity.

Probably because it doesn't rain in there   ;)

Posted by: HertsGTFC, March 14, 2019, 10:49am; Reply: 18
Quoted from diehardmariner
I really like this idea, it's got real legs in my opinion.  

I guess the issue with Sidney Park is that the club don't own it and it's a public park, you can be sure that someone will object to it.

I think Lukeo's onto the right idea by utilising the space in between the stands.  I know the space between the Main and the Pontoon is now a carpark but there's a big old space between the Findus and the away end, couldn't that be utilised?  From memory it hosts a minibus and maybe a port-a-kabin at the minute.  

I’ve always thought that the space between the Findus and the Osmond could be better utilised and possibly the space between the Ponny and the Main, though I know that there are regulation re ambulance access but who knows with a bit of imagination what could be achieved.

Then again imagination hasn’t been the clubs strong point for a while 🤔
Posted by: Civvy at last, March 14, 2019, 10:57am; Reply: 19
Quoted from promotion plaice

I was in the Findus bar the other week.
As she pulled my pint the barmaid said
‘looks like rain again’.
I replied.
‘It certainly does, but you still charge £3.50 a pint for it !!
Posted by: KingstonMariner, March 14, 2019, 12:20pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from promotion plaice

Presumably there'd be some kind of tent.
Posted by: Mallyner, March 14, 2019, 3:22pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from Les Brechin

I did Les, I once put Jack away down the wing with a lovely ball and he was beaten to it by a defender.
His son Barry said, " you should have played that ball 30 years ago Mally.  :)

Print page generated: April 19, 2024, 1:58am