Print Topic - Archive

Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: barralad, March 9, 2019, 5:29pm
Started so well. Great header from Ohman into Wes and an excellent finish. Within five minutes they'd hit the bar twice as Town retreated into some sort of safe space. Far too much of the pass it square pass it back to Macca to give back to them. Little movement off the ball and an unfathomable desire to try to play the ball down the line in a strip of grass about 18 inches wide. The equaliser when it came was as a result of truly awful defending as the whole defence was pulled left only for a quick cross to come in to the unmarked Palmer. Palmers second was possibly worse with Davis? a clear favourite to get to the ball first losing out to Palmer who took one touch before knocking it through Macca's legs.
Half time came and went. Town continued to struggle until somewhat belatedly Jolley brought on Cook and Clifton. Immediately things started to happen and for the first time Town exerted a bit of pressure. Cook in particular was prepared to run at them which gave Embo more space. Clifton added much needed bite to the midfield. It wasnt all one way traffic though as Palmer was denied his hat trick by a mixture of excellent and desperate defending with at least two ckeared off the line. Vernam came on for the last few minutes and Town gave it a really good go virtually camping in their box. Sadly the quality of funish shown by Palmer was lacking and they couldn't repeat the get out of jail antics of the Swindon game. I'd be amazed if Dennis and Wez start together on Tuesday. He wasn't on his own but Davis had a shocker. RHJ must be wondering how he doesn't get any pitch time. Ohman picked up another daft booking and the number of stupid free kicks we gave away suggests a lack of learning from basic errors. Difficult to pick a Town MOM. Cook did more in 20 than Dennis in the other 70..
Posted by: Davec, March 9, 2019, 5:42pm; Reply: 1
Bright opening first 5 mins but it's like the goal made us lose confidence as as soon as Thomas scored it all went to pot and defending so deeply, terrible terrible goals to give away, poor defending by everybody to be dragged wide and leaving Palmer with the freedom of the area! And then Davis really needs to be doing better for the 2nd goal. And it could have been more! Bars hit, balls cleared of the line Mckeown making some saves, in the end we were lucky to keep it at 2! Cook stretched their defence and Clifton added some pace in midfield as he looked to get the ball moving instead of the slow ponderous square passes then passing back so we could hoof we witnessed with Woolford on the pitch, Thomas and Dennis are both proven scorers at this level but they seem unable to form a good partnership with each other, not helped of course by the terrible service, Cook in for Dennis, Clifton for Woolford and then RHJ back in for Tranmere please
Posted by: Bigdog, March 9, 2019, 6:15pm; Reply: 2
Changed my prediction of 1-1 to 3-1 defeat on the prediction thread when I saw the starting line up.

Why? If we play a deep back three without any pace of Collins, Ohman and Davis we need a really strong and athletic midfield three to have the physicality to shield the defence and link up with the isolated front two. A midfield three including Woolford and excluding Clifton can't do that.. and a defensive left side of Ring and Collins scares me to death too. MJ beat us before any player let us down.. which they did collectively for the middle eighty minutes of the game. Tired of seeing us dropping off, tired of DC's bad habits rubbing off on his defensive partners, tired of seeing our front two forty yards away from our nearest midfielder and tired of seeing Macca turn into a flapper once again because of defensive frailties in front of him. The best games we've played this season generally didn't have DC or MW in the side, so I struggle to comprehend why MJ persists in picking them. They may have the odd decent game or two but generally they really detract from what the team could achieve without them, by being more on the front foot, more of a cohesive unit and physically stronger and quicker. We didn't collapse without the experience of Danny Collins or Martyn Woolford on the pitch after the substitutions, we improved. It's a myth that an experienced head automatically adds to a team because you have to weigh off the physical and positional negatives. I've seen Ohman and Davis be beasts alongside Whitmore this season, yet today they were dropping off with Danny giving their forwards free reign. The players looked like they didn't fully believe in how they were asked to play today and also didn't fully believe in some of their own team mates. Have to say it, today was one of the first games this season that some of the players didn't give their all for the shirt. I see a lot of people clamouring for Cook over Dennis, but the bigger question should be how the team can create chances for a proven goalscorer rather than retreating to a middle of the road workhorse. In my opinion, the forwards should be absolved of all blame today because their team mates couldn't string two passes together. Tippy tappy sideways passing which ended up with a pass back to Davis, Collins or Mckeown and a big aimless hoof upfield. So much for progressive football.

I'm not going to pick the bones out of the game today, because there were some players who were well below par that would benefit from a better selected eleven and a more front foot formation and playing style. If MJ could get this right then I think we could improve immeasurably. Feeling sorry for RHJ, Whitmore, Vernam, Clifton and A. Rose having to watch this shower of muddled and negative shite at the moment..
Posted by: MuddyWaters, March 9, 2019, 6:45pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from Bigdog
Changed my prediction of 1-1 to 3-1 defeat on the prediction thread when I saw the starting line up.

I'm not going to pick the bones out of the game today, because there were some players who were well below par that would benefit from a better selected eleven and a more front foot formation and playing style. If MJ could get this right then I think we could improve immeasurably. Feeling sorry for RHJ, Whitmore, Vernam, Clifton and A. Rose having to watch this shower of muddled and negative shite at the moment..

Particularly the three highlighted. Clifton has had a lot of game time, most of it good, but had a real shocker last week. Akheem is still learning.
Posted by: Croxton, March 9, 2019, 6:59pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Particularly the three highlighted. Clifton has had a lot of game time, most of it good, but had a real shocker last week. Akheem is still learning.

Following the logic, if Whitmore, RHJ, and Vernam  started then Rose  and Clifton have a better chance of minutes off the bench?
As things stand, we are sliding towards dead rubber games with no more knowledge of how some younger players may fit the system before we are chasing the game.
Posted by: Mendonca1995, March 9, 2019, 8:49pm; Reply: 5
What must rhj be thinking watching Davis give 2 goals away today left his marker for Cambridges 1st last week terrible defending for both goals today !! Ring is supposed to be an attacking wing back and never got out of his own half first half, midfield didn’t really do much till Clifton came on Dennis very quiet feeding off nothing balls again I thought cook was probably towns brightest spark today he did really well when he came on but something isn’t right at the minute is it inconsistency ? Formation ? Tiredness personnel ? I don’t know but if we would have got something from the last 2 games we could have had a serious look in with the playoffs the body language in the players again today just didn’t look right, we have just been on a very good run but these couple of losses may have just dampened things thoughts ?
Posted by: HertsGTFC, March 9, 2019, 9:28pm; Reply: 6
Lots of things I didn’t get today....

Why Collins was left in after “another” individual mistake last week and the mercurial RHJ or Whitmore left out?

Why Dennis & Thomas up front when it looked like a poor choice last week ?

In the 2nd half why was Davis getting ahead of Hendrie when Hendrie is a better crosser and RHJ is better wide the Davis ?

Why retain 5 across the middle for so long when it just meant we passed it sideways ?

Why did Macca look so flappy and how can a keeper of that quality be nutmegged for their 2nd?

WTF was Ring doing for their first and why did Palmer get a free header? Not impressed with Ring so far TBH.

Why was the supply so bad for 2 of the better strikers/finishers we’ve had at the club for ages?

What despite playing 3-5-2 did we fail to get in behind them?

Why is losing at Crawley now a certainty?

I could go on but this performance looked like a side and possibly a manager that is over thinking it, not every offensive move starts with a triangle of passing.

I think very highly of MJ & AL but we have a squad as good as if not better than Crawley but today at times we made it look like a gulf in class & quality.......why?

We need better next week please!

UTM!!!
Posted by: Bigdog, March 9, 2019, 9:44pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Why Collins was left in after “another” individual mistake last week and the mercurial RHJ or Whitmore left out?

In the 2nd half why was Davis getting ahead of Hendrie when Hendrie is a better crosser and RHJ is better wide the Davis ?

Why retain 5 across the middle for so long when it just meant we passed it sideways ?

Why did Macca look so flappy and how can a keeper of that quality be nutmegged for their 2nd?

WTF was Ring doing for their first and why did Palmer get a free header? Not impressed with Ring so far TBH.

Why was the supply so bad for 2 of the better strikers/finishers we’ve had at the club for ages?

I could go on but this performance looked like a side and possibly a manager that is over thinking it, not every offensive move starts with a triangle of passing.

I think very highly of MJ & AL but we have a squad as good as if not better than Crawley but today at times we made it look like a gulf in class & quality.......why?

UTM!!!

Good questions that MJ needs to answer rather than the "Crawley just shaded it" drivel he came out with. Forget who's left footed, who's experienced etc etc etc

I'd like to see a more dynamic, pacier and front-footed starting eleven next week. No overthinking, just picking a strong threatening side. Ditch the 3-5-2 til next season because we haven't got anyone left footed with the attributes that can fulfil the role of left wing back.

McKeown

RHJ          Davis                  Whitmore           Hendrie

Hess

Vernam                   Clifton                           Embleton

Dennis/Cook                     Thomas

Something like this looks a lot more appealing to me than what MJ has been putting out..

Edit.. Purposely left Ohman out to give him a rest, he could easily be one of the two centre halves and A Rose needs game time this season too..

Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, March 9, 2019, 9:55pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from HertsGTFC

UTM!!!

The answer is that despite us all wanting it to be, we are not a side that will trouble the pacemakers (or indeed Crawley) just yet.

We have made some progress, but there is a long, long way to go. I am sure that MJ knows this all too well.

In the absence of more investment, the improvement will be slow, steady and unspectacular. Frustrating I know, but that is the reality.

Let's hope Michael Jolley sticks with it and doesn't get dispirited like so many before him; the way the club is run and the lack of investment means the manager has to be a miracle worker really to get us where we want to be. We wish him well, and with another transfer window of wheeling and dealing, it might be better next season.

Even quality players like Embleton and Vernam have struggled a bit, which shows the level of player needed to be a threat. All of the teams I have seen at BP had quality players I would like in our team - this league is going to be tough to get promoted from.
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, March 9, 2019, 10:08pm; Reply: 9
Good start but that masked a pretty poor first 65 mins . 2 poor goals conceded to Palmer thanks to weak defending. 2nd half when you’re expecting a team to come out and have a go didn’t materialise . This only happened when Clifton came on . He was everywhere breaking up play and driving into there half when we were in possession. Tbh we didn’t create any clear chances the last 20 but played in their half at least .
Of the 3 new faces Ohman looks a good player who is happy to slot into L2 no problem. Wins every header .
Ring looks like he needs a while to get used to English lower league scrapping but will do ok .
Dennis?? Is this the player who everyone was getting excited about signing? Maybe needs a pre season somewhere he’s happy at after the Notts shambles to get the best of him but whether he’s here next season remains to be seen . Wouldn’t be that bothered if he’s not after today actually. I’d rather have a couple of the Crawley lads who looked like they wanted it a lot more .

One defence of today’s performance regarding the amount of square and back passes when we were in possession that meant we lost momentum all the time - when we got possession I noticed Crawley got 5 men flat across the back every time with 3 central mids deep in front which meant we had no room to create chances .

Fattest ref I’ve seen for years who gave Crawley a lot of decisions but that’s a cheap shot . We need to be better than this if we’re going to go up next year . Tbh I’d have Palmer up front with ANother .
Posted by: jamesgtfc, March 9, 2019, 10:09pm; Reply: 10
3 at the back seems to be the way teams go. I went to Sheffield United v Rotherham today and they played a back 3 but it was notable that both wide defenders overlapped the wingbacks all game.

Hard to analyse fully because Rotherham had their captain sent off midway through the first half but they had a deep lying midfielder and one always lurking outside the box to pick up headed clearances and get another shot, play a through ball back into the box or feed it back wide.

To play it effectively I think we need to see something like:

McKeown
RHJ Öhman Grayson
Hendrie Hessenthaler Ring
Clifton Embleton
Thomas Cook

Cook is a good player for linking the play up there and dropping deep for the ball but Clifton and Embleton need to get beyond him.

RHJ and Grayson would allow you to overlap on both sides of the pitch, making us harder to defend against.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, March 9, 2019, 10:10pm; Reply: 11

The answer is that despite us all wanting it to be, we are not a side that will trouble the pacemakers (or indeed Crawley) just yet.

We have made some progress, but there is a long, long way to go. I am sure that MJ knows this all too well.

In the absence of more investment, the improvement will be slow, steady and unspectacular. Frustrating I know, but that is the reality.

Let's hope Michael Jolley sticks with it and doesn't get dispirited like so many before him; the way the club is run and the lack of investment means the manager has to be a miracle worker really to get us where we want to be. We wish him well, and with another transfer window of wheeling and dealing, it might be better next season.

Even quality players like Embleton and Vernam have struggled a bit, which shows the level of player needed to be a threat. All of the teams I have seen at BP had quality players I would like in our team - this league is going to be tough to get promoted from.

At this stage I’m not expecting us to be “challengers” and I get what you & Bidgd posted above. Under MJ we have and will progress as he’s a half decent manager with more to come.

Today was difficult to watch as we should have given Crawley a game and once again a keeper had an easy day.
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, March 10, 2019, 5:35am; Reply: 12
I am not a fan of sitting deep and inviting the opposing team on to us. It works if you have genuine pace up front but we only have that in Akeem Rose who is still a novice. The big downside is it gives opposing teams confidence which only is ok when your leading near the end but all game???

At a miss to why it took us so long to identify this is your not sure about the pace of your back three get men who are fitter oh for the likes of John Mcdermot not many ever skinned him.
Posted by: H19P1, March 10, 2019, 7:08am; Reply: 13

I made contact with the trust about crowdfunding a few weeks ago to improve the Summer transfer pot but they told me that we’re in a healthy position and didn’t feel the need. If this is the case then the budget must be better for the Summer but I reserve my judgment on this. Onwards and upwards, together we are stronger 💪 UTM
Posted by: monkeyboy, March 10, 2019, 8:39am; Reply: 14
Theres a few basic problems in the team, midfield seems to be an area for improvement next season.

Another worrying statistic is that although Wes Thomas has scored a few he has no assists at all which is very very worrying as this shows the midfield is not getting forwards into the box enough.
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, March 10, 2019, 8:46am; Reply: 15
Quoted from H19P1

I made contact with the trust about crowdfunding a few weeks ago to improve the Summer transfer pot but they told me that we’re in a healthy position and didn’t feel the need. If this is the case then the budget must be better for the Summer but I reserve my judgment on this. Onwards and upwards, together we are stronger 💪 UTM

That is the complacent attitude we have come to expect from everyone associated with the club! Playing budget is absolutely critical.However good our signings might be other clubs will always get better and until GTFC address the problem we will always tread water.

The board should be addressing the lack of investment.
Posted by: arryarryarry, March 10, 2019, 10:02am; Reply: 16
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Don't know why some keep picking out Clifton for his display against Cambridge, the rest apart from McKewan were crap.
Posted by: arryarryarry, March 10, 2019, 10:10am; Reply: 17
Quoted from HertsGTFC

UTM!!!

This is my opinion also. I think we possibly spend more time looking at what the oppostion will do rather than letting them worry about us.

I also could not understand his after match comments that Crawley just shaded the game, in reality they looked much fitter, more physical and quicker all over the field. We were lucky to come away only losing 2-1 could have been 4 or 5.
Posted by: ginnywings, March 10, 2019, 10:26am; Reply: 18
It's just another in a long line of nothing seasons isn't it? Yesterday was another loss to a team that hasn't won at home since the stone age, to go along with home defeats to Macclesfield and Cambridge. Win 2 or 3 of those and we are knocking on the door of the play offs, with the season having meaning going into the home straight. What's even more alarming for me is that not only did we lose to three struggling sides, two of those games were at home, and we barely laid a glove on any of them, scoring one goal and conceding six. We should not be losing all three of those games, especially in the manner that we did.

I'm getting a bit bored and frustrated with it all now. We keep getting told we are going to be served up high tempo attacking football on the front foot. Where is it? Where are the players with pace and width that can stretch teams? Why are players like Woolford and Collins getting game time over Clifton and RHJ, when the likelihood is that the former won't be here next season? The same can be said for Embleton. As good as he's been, he's looking jaded and is highly unlikely to be here next year, so give him the hook and put Clifton in his place behind the strikers, if that is where the club see his position in the team long term. Why has Vernam not developed at all and can't get a start? Why did we sign Grayson? Why did we sign Welsh, make him the captain and then leave him on the bench most of the season? What has happened to Whitmore? Still more questions than answers.

We can now put aside all thoughts of play offs or relegation, so let's start putting out a side that will form the basis of next season. The crowds will now drop off again no doubt, as we once again look to some point in the future, when we may have a side capable of competing. We are forever looking in to the distance, while all the time the present remains steadfastly mediocre. Last seasons relegation battle at the least had games with meaning and something to rally around. Think it's going to be an effort to drag my behind along to the remaining fixtures.  :-/
Posted by: chipsandgravy, March 10, 2019, 10:39am; Reply: 19
Quoted from ginnywings
It's just another in a long line of nothing seasons isn't it? Yesterday was another loss to a team that hasn't won at home since the stone age, to go along with home defeats to Macclesfield and Cambridge. Win 2 or 3 of those and we are knocking on the door of the play offs, with the season having meaning going into the home straight. What's even more alarming for me is that not only did we lose to three struggling sides, two of those games were at home, and we barely laid a glove on any of them, scoring one goal and conceding six. We should not be losing all three of those games, especially in the manner that we did.

I'm getting a bit bored and frustrated with it all now. We keep getting told we are going to be served up high tempo attacking football on the front foot. Where is it? Where are the players with pace and width that can stretch teams? Why are players like Woolford and Collins getting game time over Clifton and RHJ, when the likelihood is that the former won't be here next season? The same can be said for Embleton. As good as he's been, he's looking jaded and is highly unlikely to be here next year, so give him the hook and put Clifton in his place behind the strikers, if that is where the club see his position in the team long term. Why has Vernam not developed at all and can't get a start? Why did we sign Grayson? Why did we sign Welsh, make him the captain and then leave him on the bench most of the season? What has happened to Whitmore? Still more questions than answers.

We can now put aside all thoughts of play offs or relegation, so let's start putting out a side that will form the basis of next season. The crowds will now drop off again no doubt, as we once again look to some point in the future, when we may have a side capable of competing. We are forever looking in to the distance, while all the time the present remains steadfastly mediocre. Last seasons relegation battle at the least had games with meaning and something to rally around. Think it's going to be an effort to drag my behind along to the remaining fixtures.  :-/

Couldnt agree more. As much as i like Michael Jolley the whole team selection is starting to baffle me and certainly not motivating me to do a 250 mile round trip to watch them.

Posted by: HertsGTFC, March 10, 2019, 11:12am; Reply: 20
Quoted from ginnywings

I completely agree that we should now be playing players who’ll be with us next season.

I get that you have to be careful about over playing younger players but there’s also a danger in under playing them.

I would suggest Embleton is getting gane time so we can demonstrate to Sunderland and possibly others that we’ll play their youngsters, can’t understand the Grayson signing one bit though.
Posted by: grimsby pete, March 10, 2019, 11:37am; Reply: 21
Looking at things from a distance not having seen many games,

BUT

Watching all the video's and reading all the posts on here,

Something is wrong when we can keeping winning 3 or 4 games then follow that run by losing 3 or 4 . Playing well against the top teams but poorly against the ones below us.

I too like Jolley although I think he over thinks things and sometimes the players are not sure what their role might be from one game to the next.

What I would like to see is the promised hard pressing front foot football Jolley says he likes to play, Lets have the players that have more energy in the side and push push push,

Most on here think Collins is playing his last season so leave him out the side and use his experience in a coaching role until the end of the season.

Lets stick with more or less with the same team that we know might be with us next season then we will know where we need to strengthen.

You all have your views about who should be in the side and most of you say the older ones should make way for the younger ones.

Jolley says he is too busy to read social media but I do not think that is true when many times he has quoted things said on here.
So welcome to management Michael  nobody said he was going to be easy but you are doing a better job than the last manager. Plus you are not going overboard like Sol who dropped 9 players for yesterdays game,  
That went well didn't it ?   ;D

Although you will read some of the advice on here I know you have enough belief in your own abilities to stop the top turvy runs we keep going on.

BUT

It makes us feel a little bit better letting off steam after a disapointing game,
No harm meant and no criticism should be taken personally

Up the mariners !!!!!!
Posted by: HertsGTFC, March 10, 2019, 1:12pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from grimsby pete
Looking at things from a distance not having seen many games,

BUT

Watching all the video's and reading all the posts on here,

Something is wrong when we can keeping winning 3 or 4 games then follow that run by losing 3 or 4 . Playing well against the top teams but poorly against the ones below us.

I too like Jolley although I think he over thinks things and sometimes the players are not sure what their role might be from one game to the next.

What I would like to see is the promised hard pressing front foot football Jolley says he likes to play, Lets have the players that have more energy in the side and push push push,

Most on here think Collins is playing his last season so leave him out the side and use his experience in a coaching role until the end of the season.

Lets stick with more or less with the same team that we know might be with us next season then we will know where we need to strengthen.

You all have your views about who should be in the side and most of you say the older ones should make way for the younger ones.

Jolley says he is too busy to read social media but I do not think that is true when many times he has quoted things said on here.
So welcome to management Michael  nobody said he was going to be easy but you are doing a better job than the last manager. Plus you are not going overboard like Sol who dropped 9 players for yesterdays game,  
That went well didn't it ?   ;D

Although you will read some of the advice on here I know you have enough belief in your own abilities to stop the top turvy runs we keep going on.

BUT

It makes us feel a little bit better letting off steam after a disapointing game,
No harm meant and no criticism should be taken personally

Up the mariners !!!!!!

I’m sure he doesn’t read the Fishy, I’d be amazed if he did

Posted by: devs, March 10, 2019, 2:30pm; Reply: 23
There are some great thoughts in this thread - way better than the 'over the top' comments normally posted when we lose
Thoughtful and very fair IMO
I really like Jolley - I think he's a breath of fresh air, modern thinking in many areas (on and off the pitch) and I feel happy that he's progressing really well as a young manager and finding his way in the game.
Remember where we were when he took over- a change of philosophy was never going to be 100% successful in a few months.
95% of fans feel the same IMO hence the general feeling of optimism
However - a few things need looking at
3 5 2 demands that your wing backs get beyond midfield and put crosses into the box etc
This is not happening - and I think it is slowing us down and means we play the ball square and behind us too often
It meant Crawley were able to get a foothold in the game far too easily and continue to dominate - and we were poor with the ball yesterday as well. 1-0 up after a cracking start - something wrong if you can't kick on.
352 demands pace and high energy - but it's not happening

I'm not sure why RHJ gets dropped - he's playing really well and surely represents the future
Collins? Certain he won't be here next season - so why play him, not least as he is so slow?

RHJ was a centre back v Palace and was superb - dropped next game "because we look at the opposition". Frustrating

Dennis and Thomas - blend doesn't look right to me; both basically individuals who are instinctive players. although they both work hard.
I think Cook is unlucky - a very good footballer IMO, intelligent, team player

Clifton should be in if he's fit - full of energy

Embleton? I think our 'slow' build up means we don't get the best out of him...which is NOT on the edge of our box picking the ball up (hate it when a creative player does this or is allowed to do this).

I do hate the modern manager's continual tinkering - it's almost like they've got their UEFA badges and they mean to show us how clever they are

Buckley was superb in his book (and on radio) when he said him and Arthur Mann would assess the squad pre-season; decide on their best XI; and then pick it week in and week out whenever possible in a 442 system

I know "the game has moved on" - but not that much; the old basics still stand up (continuity etc)

Having said all of the above, the good thing is we won't see the usual mass exodus of players in the summer and the 'rebuild' will be minimal
MJ will have learned a lot - his first full season

But if he continues with 352 the wings backs must get forward more - otherwise it's pointless and the same problems will continue
343 anyone?

Posted by: chrissy, March 10, 2019, 3:33pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from HertsGTFC

You could be right maybe a club official who comes on here tells him the odd comment now and again.
Posted by: marinerdazza, March 10, 2019, 5:37pm; Reply: 25
I think it’ll get worse before it’ll get better. I expect a thrashing on Tuesday night sadly.

But it will get better. I for one am glad of the lack of drama this season. Could not take another end to the season like last season.
Posted by: Abdul19, March 10, 2019, 5:51pm; Reply: 26
We'll be excrement all month then ace in April. That's the pattern, innit.
Posted by: arryarryarry, March 10, 2019, 6:46pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from HertsGTFC

I actually think he does or has someone close who does as some of his comments about fan reactions after some games are likely to be from here or other social media sites.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, March 10, 2019, 7:24pm; Reply: 28
Quoted from arryarryarry

I actually think he does or has someone close who does as some of his comments about fan reactions after some games are likely to be from here or other social media sites.

Or the general verbal around BP at the final whistle.
Posted by: sydney, March 10, 2019, 7:51pm; Reply: 29
Are the players been given too many things to think about?
Camb and Crawley both on terrible runs and both beat us relatively easily which isn’t good enough
When we came away from the demolition of Tranmere at home earlier on in the season we thought we where at last coming together as a good side
Why do I feel we have gone back again and will probably have to accept a defeat at Tranmere Tuesday
MJ and team please sort this inconsistenty out ASAP
Come on Town!
Posted by: KingstonMariner, March 10, 2019, 9:14pm; Reply: 30
We seem to be slipping into beating ourselves, Hurst-style. When we took the game to Crawley late on it looked like were the better side for a few minutes. And it's more exciting to watch. Sitting back just gives the opposition the initiative and with the way refs give freekicks to teams who's players tumble at a mere breath then we inevitably put ourselves under the cosh.
Posted by: Croxton, March 12, 2019, 9:10pm; Reply: 31
This is not a great Tranmere defence. For heavens sake test them with some pace!
Print page generated: March 29, 2024, 11:43am