Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: BarkerDan10, February 22, 2019, 4:53pm
Hi all

I would like to point you in the direction of Trawling Through Time: The Grimsby Town History Podcast.

I’ve started making a podcast that takes a look at some of the most important moments in the history of the club.

The first episode is all about the early years of the club from 1878-1900. I talk about the formation of the club, the early days of league and cup football and how the club made their home at Blundell Park.

You can find the podcast at this link https://anchor.fm/dan-barker2 please give it a listen and also any feedback you may have. I appreciate the podcast comes across as amateurish but I’ll get better over time.

Thank you for your time and Up The Mariners.
Posted by: thevera, February 23, 2019, 6:52pm; Reply: 1
Probably because the content is over 100 years it has yet to get going. Brave of you to admit you lack experience but good effort and as we come up to present I'm sure it'll get more interesting and your style will improve.
I will look forward to the next instalment.
When can we expect it?
Posted by: BarkerDan10, February 23, 2019, 8:42pm; Reply: 2
Thank you for your kind words, it’s a bit daunting even if it was just me sat talking to myself in the front room!!

I’ve already begun writing the next episode which will cover the years leading up to the First World War. I have quite a busy week ahead so it will probably be recorded and uploaded at some point during the week commencing March 4th.

Thanks again for your support of the podcast.

Up The Mariners!!
Posted by: BeijingMariner, February 24, 2019, 3:37am; Reply: 3
I had a listen too and sent the link to my kids. I think it is a decent first effort mate and I will definitely tune in to the new ones as you make them. Getting used to talking to a computer in a natural manner is very difficult so I applaud you. Good research and makes for interesting listening. Keep it up.
Posted by: marinerrick, February 24, 2019, 6:55am; Reply: 4
Very interesting and can't wait for the next installment utm
Posted by: oochiad, February 24, 2019, 10:19am; Reply: 5
Really enjoyed that, looking forward to the next episode 👍UTM
Posted by: BarkerDan10, February 24, 2019, 12:06pm; Reply: 6
Thank you to everyone for your feedback, the podcast has received over 50 plays which has knocked my socks off if I’m honest, especially given the fact it’s not yet on established platforms such as iTunes or Spotify.

I’m looking at March 5th as the date for episode two to come out but I’ll be sure to keep everyone posted.

Up The Mariners!!
Posted by: BarkerDan10, February 24, 2019, 10:08pm; Reply: 7
Hi all just a quick couple of updates regarding the podcast.

1. The show is now available to stream on Spotify, head on over and search for ‘Trawling Through Time’.

2. I’ve also set up a Facebook page for the podcast which can be found at https://www.facebook.com/gtfchistorypod/. This is where you’ll be able to find information regarding future episodes and developments of the podcast. I mainly made the page to prevent you all getting fed up of me spamming the fishy with the show!!

Please follow the link and give the page a like. All support for the podcast is invaluable. If I could buy everyone who has listened so far a pint then I would.

Thanks and Up The Mariners!!
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, February 25, 2019, 10:58am; Reply: 8
Really interesting  listen mate . Looking forward to the next instalment 👍👍
Posted by: KingstonMariner, February 25, 2019, 7:24pm; Reply: 9
Good work Dan. What sources are you using?
Posted by: mariner chopper, February 26, 2019, 3:51pm; Reply: 10
Well done to you. Anything with Up the Mariners featured (twice!) get's a tick from me!
Posted by: BarkerDan10, March 4, 2019, 6:53pm; Reply: 11
Hi all

Just wanted to let you know that episode two of the podcast is now available to listen to at anchor.fm/dan-barker2.

In this instalment we take a look at the early part of the 20th century from 1900-1914. We look back at Town’s Second Division title win, brief stay in the top flight, a tumble down the leagues and subsequent departure from the football league as well as our triumphant return. We also pay tribute to the Mariners who gave their lives for their country as football took a backseat when war raged on in Europe.

For more information on future episodes please head over to the show’s social media platforms, we’re on Facebook at facebook.com/GTFCHistoryPod and on Twitter @GTFCHistoryPod.

Thanks

Dan
Posted by: BarkerDan10, March 18, 2019, 3:58pm; Reply: 12
Hi all

Just to let you know that the latest episode of Trawling Through Time is now available to listen to at this link http://anchor.fm/dan-barker2

It features an interview with myself and Mariners legend and all-time club appearance record holder John McDermott.

Please give it a listen and let me know what you think.

Remember to head over to Facebook and give our page a like or take to Twitter and give @GTFCHistoryPod a follow for future updates on the show’s development.

All support for the podcast is vital and warmly appreciated.

Thanks and #UTM
Print page generated: March 28, 2024, 2:28pm